BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> RESULTS: Beyoncé Singles Rate, Begins today!!
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post Nov 11 2017, 11:47 AM
Post #1
c:
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,692

I know the current queen of all music (Rita Ora) has rate results going on today too but do tune in to these as well and comment along the way! Begins tonight biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Theonix
post Nov 11 2017, 12:57 PM
Post #2
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
Member No.: 8,661

She gon slay! "Crazy" or "Drunk in Love" or "Formation" to win *.*

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Nov 11 2017, 02:17 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 20,182

Hype cheer.gif shoulda Beyonce’d the results wink.gif

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Nov 11 2017, 06:16 PM
Post #4
c:

50. Video Phone

Average - 4.65
Lovers - 8.5 (Harry) // 7.5 (Riser)
Haters - 0 (mr_aly & Cremey)

Video Phone takes the wooden spoon! One of the few moments in Beyoncé's discography where you wonder what she was doing thinking this was single material. Even the addition of Lady Gaga couldn't win Buzzjack over and it scores a rather terrible average of 4.65 here. I used to really dislike this but now I can bop to it if I'm in the right mood, it lacks any sort of melody but I kind of like it?!

49. Love In this Club (Part II)

Average - 4.80
Lovers - 8 (PAJ88) // 7 (all is vanity & Cremey)
Haters - 1 (SamJudd) // 2 (George.keh, blacksquare, vibe)

"Love in This Club Part II" was the second single from Usher's fifth album. It features Beyoncé on it too as well as Lil Wayne. It's a bit of a jam but nothing exciting or unique about it and it is rather unforgettable so I'm not too fussed about it finishing so low here. It was a #18 peaking smash hit in the US but never really reached a UK audience and is probably one of her least known singles.

+Quote Post
Theonix
post Nov 11 2017, 06:21 PM
Post #5

I still don't understand how "Video Phone" flopped in the charts given the video was so talked about! I think there was a delay in making the Gaga remix available to buy. I don't hate it but I'm not sad to see it drop out.

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Nov 11 2017, 08:17 PM
Post #6
c:

48. Part II (On the Run)

Average - 4.83
Lovers - 7.5 (Theo) // 7 (Leww & Riser)
Haters - -1 (George.keh) // 3 (Cameron & SamJudd)

This is probably one of the Beyonce tracks that I'm least familiar with. I think I've only heard it a couple of times when it was first released and now it's nowhere to be found online unless you purchase it yourself. This is like most Bey/Jay collars where her part is rather lovely and definitely the highlight of the song. It's not the most exciting song though, it's pretty forgettable and certainly not one of their classics.

47. Shining

Average - 5.33
Lovers - 10 (George.keh) // 8 (blacksquare)
Haters - 1 (UltraReputation) // 2 (Chapman, Davidson, Cameron)

DJ Khaled was a big name beforehand anyway but it seems that he really blew up to a new level in 2017. Beyonce and Jay Z collaborating on a track is always hotly anticipated and many were expecting this to be a huge hit but in the end it did pretty poorly and never even made the UK or US Top 40. The Beyonce parts are really catchy but the song is a bit too long for me and it does drag when I play it sad.gif

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Nov 11 2017, 09:25 PM
Post #7
The Lady Said Go Home!
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 20,835

Not mad any are out tbh

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Nov 11 2017, 09:38 PM
Post #8
c:

46. Until the End of Time

Average - 5.42
Lovers - 8.5 (Nick F1 & Riser)
Haters - 2 (blacksquare & vibe) // 0 (Euphorique)

A collaboration between two of the biggest stars on the planet during the mid-noughties could have been rather amazing but we ended up getting this which is a little disappointing. It's alright but there's nothing special about it and it's far from the best of either artist's discographies. It was a top 20 hit in the US but didn't even make the top 100 in the UK.

45. Diva

Average - 5.50
Lovers - 9.5 (Harry) // 9 (Liamk97)
Haters - -1 (Jack & Jonjo)

Diva is one of my least favourite Beyonce songs ever and I'm surprised it's even managed to come higher than bottom five ohmy.gif There's nothing catchy or slick about it, it's just noisy and messy without one redeeming feature about it really. It's crazy that her team deemed this single worthy over the likes of Radio and Hello.

+Quote Post
Theonix
post Nov 11 2017, 10:09 PM
Post #9

"Until the End of Time" was originally a solo Justin song from his 'FutureSex' album - it works a lot better in the context of that album which is pretty much a masterpiece. I'm not that familiar with the Beyoncé version but I agree that as a standalone single, it is a bit underwhelming.

I really don't understand why this website to this day hates "Diva" so much - it's one of her most well-known album tracks and the 'I'm a d-diva' hook was quoted all the time back in the day. I don't love it as much as some of the other singles on the 'Sasha Fierce' album but it's a hell of a lot better than "Green Light" which I think is her most over-rated song on here.

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Nov 11 2017, 10:38 PM
Post #10
The Lady Said Go Home!

Diva is so so good I dont get the hate for it.

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Nov 12 2017, 07:24 AM
Post #11
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 20,182

Diva is very middle of the road.

Glad the Alicia track is still in!

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Nov 13 2017, 10:32 PM
Post #12
c:

44. 7/11

Average - 5.57
Lovers - 10 (Josh, Joe & George.keh)
Haters - -1 (Harry) // 0 (mr_aly & UltraReputation)

This is the first proper big loss so far for me sad.gif I absolutely adore this track and it's probably in my top 10 tracks of hers ever if I'm being completely honest. I won't deny that she's so much better than this as an artist and it's probably not the sort of track she should be making but WHAT AN ABSOLUTE BANGER. Put this on at a party and I will absolutely lose my shit , it is just so much fun!! wub.gif

43. Say Yes

Average - 5.67
Lovers - 9 (Jonjo)
Haters - 1 (George.keh)

A Destiny's Child reunion is always going to get people excited but I think this left most people feeling pretty disappointed. I guess it's not trying to replicate or recreate any of their older bops but yeah, it's not really that great, especially when we know what they are capable of as a trio. It's cutesy enough but not a track I ever revisit these days...

+Quote Post
post Nov 13 2017, 10:54 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 19,931

Ffs 7/11 is so low!

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Nov 14 2017, 12:03 AM
Post #14
The Lady Said Go Home!

7/11 Bye Felcia x

+Quote Post
...ready for it
post Nov 14 2017, 05:00 AM
Post #15
I'm not asleep, my mind is alive.
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 1,454

No major losses so far.

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Nov 16 2017, 07:23 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Idol
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

'Video Phone' does not deserve last place. I know it has its haters but I did not expect it to be first out at all.

'Until the End of Time' is hugely underrated by the looks of things and I'm shocked 'Diva' is so low - like 'Video Phone', I knew some would hate it but I was sure there was enough lovers out there.

How 'Work It Out' has escaped the results so far is beyond me. 'Flawless' should have been last but I'm not surprised it's still in tbf.

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Nov 17 2017, 09:05 PM
Post #17
c:

42. Ego

Average - 5.69
Lovers - 10 (Josh) // 9 (George.keh, Mack, PAJ88)
Haters - -1 (Cameron) // 0 (Nick F1)

One of my favourite ever Beyonce songs of all time sad.gif I can see why it has come so low as it isn't exactly her catchiest or most exciting track ever but I've always loved it since being pretty young and is a track I revisit lots even to this day. Not so sure on the Kanye version but the solo version is fab and would easily be in my top ten if this was a personal countdown.

41. Mi Gente (Remix)

Average - 5.77
Lovers - 10 (George.keh) // 9 (Liam)
Haters - 0 (Nick F1) // 1 (Cameron)

Mi Gente was already a massive hit worldwide when Beyonce joined the track in a remix in aid of hurricane relief charities for Puerto Rico, Mexico and the other affected Caribbean islands. I'm not a fan of the original really as it is just a bit of a racket but the Bey version did help it grow on me a lot, she sounds at home on this sort of party banger and her addition certainly makes the song better in my opinion. It's still one of my least favourite ever singles from her though so I'm glad it's pretty low...

+Quote Post
Davidson
post Nov 17 2017, 09:12 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 11,847
   No Gallery Pics

'7/11' lower than 'Mi Gente'

WTF buzzjack. You don't deserve '7/11'.

+Quote Post
Theonix
post Nov 17 2017, 10:02 PM
Post #19

"7/11" and "Mi Gente" are both good songs but not the style of music that I'd want a full album of from Bey. I probably prefer the latter as it's phresher.

"Ego" is out way too early but Buzzjack hates all the 'Sasha Fierce' singles so I'm not surprised to see it drop out. I also much prefer the solo version. "Single Ladies" is top 40 though! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Nov 18 2017, 12:36 AM
Post #20
The Lady Said Go Home!

40. My, Myself and I

Average - 5.91
Lovers - 11 (All In Vaniity)
Haters - 01 (euphorique) // 02 - (nick f1)

Not my favourite Beyonce song but I thought it would have done a bit more when the likes of some others are in still. Me, Myself and I was the third single taken from Bey's debut album and reached #11 in the UK and #4 in the USA among top 10 in many other songs.

39. Party featuring J Cole

Average - 5.92
Lovers - 10 - (blacksquare) /// (9 - cremey)
Haters - 01 - vibe & cameron

Released as an Urban Contemporary single in the US and from Beyonce's fourth album 4. Two versions of this are available. The Andre 3000 version and J Cole version. The song like the last isn't as memorable as some of her songs.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:59 AM