BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 'The Accountant' | Ben Affleck, Oct (US) / Nov (UK)
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post May 13 2016, 11:50 PM
Post #1
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

The trailer to 'The Accountant' got released today and it looks so tense and gripping!

Really looking forward to this!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Nov 6 2016, 02:31 AM
Post #2
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

Saw this not too long ago. Really impressed with it. A nice, all out thrilling thriller (and not one of those thrillers that tries too hard to be something it ain't). Seems quite a random plot point, but it's very coherent and flows extremely well. A couple of bits felt like they dragged and a lot of it could come across as generic, but not overly so or to the extent that it put me off. Ben was seriously good! So undervalued as an actor I feel and of course, Anna Kendrick, John Lithgow and Jon Berthnal were fantastic as always.

7.5/10 for me.

+Quote Post
J❄️hq
post Nov 6 2016, 11:41 AM
Post #3
my anxiety attacks
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

Yeah Ben was great. I found some of it confusing with the various stories / characters and use of flashbacks but it kept me watching and awake late in the evening despite being up since 5am :') I'll watch Anna Kendrick in anything, she was the majority of the draw for me but it was a solid movie overall and I didn't guess the twist either.

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Nov 12 2016, 02:37 PM
Post #4
c:
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,692

Saw this last night and ehh, I guess I thought it was OK and at least it outdid my expectations (I was sick to death of seeing that same one mediocre trailer before EVERY film at the cinema). The plot was interesting enough and I liked twist at the end but the accounting parts just seemed a bit odd and it did get a little slow towards the middle. Speaking of the end, I also liked how the girl in the home with the computer was the girl in his ear all along, it took me a while to see the connection but it was a nice idea. Acting was good too, Anna Kendrick was probably my highlight as she's always a delight to watch. There's something Affleck that I don't quite enjoy watching, I think it's because, for me, he is always overshadowed by another person in his films (much prefer watching the likes of Henry Cavill in BvS or Matt Damon in Good Will Hunting) but he did a decent job here anyway and he delivered the humour well I thought

Overall not the best spy film ever but enjoyable enough and I like the brutality of some of the fight scenes. I definitely preferred Jason Bourne and Jack Reacher from this year though.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:25 PM