BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Was 'Die Another Day' a good Bond theme?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Was 'Die Another Day' a good Bond theme?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 17
Guests cannot vote 
Liam.k.
post 3rd December 2017, 02:30 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

I imagine the hype was huge when it was revealed Madonna would be performing a Bond theme - not just any Bond theme, but the one for the 20th Bond film and one that would commemorate 40 years of the Bond film franchise. However, responses were mixed by the end product. Some celebrated the updated, unique take on the Bond theme whilst others felt it just didn't work. What's everyone's thoughts? Does it stand proud next to the Goldfingers and Live & Let Dies? Analyse this~
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 4th December 2017, 04:54 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

Yes.

Whilst different, more sassy pop than anythin, and not focusing on power ballad styles or ballad vocals or anythin like that, it was even MORE suited to Bond as it was so exciting and fresh and dramatic. I think it is one of the best themes foe it!

+Quote this post
Atonement
post 4th December 2017, 07:02 PM
Post #3
Group icon
I just had to see your face to feel alive
User: 10,676

I think it's a great James Bond theme. Much better than the safe ballads of the last few movies.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 4th December 2017, 08:42 PM
Post #4
Group icon
User: 13,007

I agree that it's a brilliant bond theme. While for some it might not be her best ever song, for the style of the series I think it fits well. A lot more interesting than the dreary ballads we seem to be getting recently at least :')

+Quote this post
slowdown73
post 4th December 2017, 09:44 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,031

I thought it was really good at the time and still like it. Not one of her best sales performers in the charts but quite a catchy track!

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 7th December 2017, 12:37 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

Wow, quite a runaway lead in support of 'Die Another Day' being a good Bond theme! Perhaps it's more Bond fans that have a problem with it than Madonna fans.

I personally love it. Those opening strings are really sinister and send shivers down my back when I'm listening through headphones which is surely very Bondian?

+Quote this post
Hide&Seek
post 5th January 2018, 08:17 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 3,500

I vote No.
I only like a handful of Bond themes anyway, but I don't get this one. For me, it's a track to skip.
The poll result made me say ''What?!'' out loud.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 04:44 PM