BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 2021s to Watch, Bigging up those up and coming acts
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
lewistgreen
post 1st January 2021, 10:01 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: he/him
User: 19,585

As we enter the New Year today, I wanted to highlight some of my own favourite artists and tips for the year ahead. 2020 was a great year for dance, terrible covers and samples aside, so I hope it continues this year.
Please feel free to share your own too!

Where It's ATT

The Australian brothers have been around for a couple of years now, but 2020 saw them gain more momentum and release their debut album Sounds of the Street. Their bass heavy house music literally blew me away when I first heard 'Brands' at the start of last year. I think they're exciting and look forward to what they hopefully have to come.

Jay Wall

Someone I discovered through some random Bassline mix on YouTube last year with an ID, Jay Wall is a Belgian producer who brings us big basslines in a similar vain to Holy Goof, TS7 and Wax Motif. We've only had a handful of releases from him so I expect more to come but what we have had so far is crazy.

SIDEPIECE

These guys have had some minor chart and viral success this year on the Diplo co-produced track 'On My Mind' and they've remixed for John Summit too. They've released a couple of tracks on their own but I'm expecting big things for this coming year now they're signed to Pete Tong's FFRR label.

Piscean

A UK duo of Michael Dodman (Huxley) and James Smith who came together in 2019 to bring us some dark house vibes a la CamelPhat. They've only had 2 singles so far and a few unofficial remixes, but the production these two bring already has me hooked! They've been signed to Ultra too which should be good for them.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
awardinary
post 1st January 2021, 12:19 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
User: 21,587

How could you not mention this dance act to watch out for... 👀

Billen Ted

Billen Ted are a writer / producer duo based out of Ealing Studios, London. Originally from death metal bands, the duo have transitioned into the dance world and have seen recent success with tracks such as Don’t Need Love (220 Kid ft Gracey), which entered the top 10 in the official singles charts as well as recent releases with Melanie C, Hugel and Alok gaining traction in the UK / Europe and South America.

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 1st January 2021, 04:45 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Ooh yes! I think Shane Codd will ride very well off the success of his current single and maybe 220 KID will do well too seeing as he's got an album confirmed.

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 6th January 2021, 08:28 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

SIDEPIECE are doing a guest mix for Pete Tong on Radio 1 this coming Friday!

+Quote this post
awardinary
post 11th January 2021, 12:37 PM
Post #5
Group icon

I’ve decided to tip Bklava as another name to watch out for this at following a flurry of releases in the last year including these;

And this week they did a remix of Gone by James Vincent McMorrow;

+Quote this post
awardinary
post 22nd January 2021, 12:34 AM
Post #6
Group icon

Aforementioned Where It’s ATT have a new single out today;