BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Leona Lewis - Christmas, With Love, 4th album | 02.12.2013
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
slowdown73
post Feb 22 2013, 12:39 PM
Post #21
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 1,031
   No Gallery Pics

I do wonder what kind of style she will go for with her next album. If radio don't support it though, then she will struggle again. I'm glad they havent dropped her.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Post #22
Fire
Member No.: 9,912
   No Gallery Pics

I think what is needed is a massive strip back. Back to basics. Back to classic Leona. I think we will get that too. Leona has already said her tour is going to be really stripped back & simple. Hopefully something like Adele's concert in Royal Albert Hall. I want a dark, emotional, classic album with really deep, authentic songs. A Leona style '21' and 'OVOE' is definitely the kind of direction I think Leona should go with.

This post has been edited by Karma: Feb 22 2013, 04:59 PM

+Quote Post
slowdown73
post Feb 23 2013, 03:04 PM
Post #23
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 1,031
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Karma @ Feb 22 2013, 04:58 PM) *
I think what is needed is a massive strip back. Back to basics. Back to classic Leona. I think we will get that too. Leona has already said her tour is going to be really stripped back & simple. Hopefully something like Adele's concert in Royal Albert Hall. I want a dark, emotional, classic album with really deep, authentic songs. A Leona style '21' and 'OVOE' is definitely the kind of direction I think Leona should go with.

I agree to some extent but again without radio support, the album will be doomed again. I think Leona need's to get out there and promote herself. She has a great voice but her personality doesnt come across strong enough. For me the key is that Leona doesnt appear to know who she is as an artist. Her style continues to change to fit with current trends, rather than doing something completely different and unique which stands out.

+Quote Post
Post #24
Fire
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(slowdown73 @ Feb 23 2013, 03:04 PM) *
I agree to some extent but again without radio support, the album will be doomed again. I think Leona need's to get out there and promote herself. She has a great voice but her personality doesnt come across strong enough. For me the key is that Leona doesnt appear to know who she is as an artist. Her style continues to change to fit with current trends, rather than doing something completely different and unique which stands out.

Exactly, that's why she needs to bring it back to basics and keep it classic Leona. Instead of trying to fit current trends. To be fair though she didn't really do that with Glassheart, only once with the release of Collide, Trouble and Lovebird were not following the trends. What is unique and stands out about Leona is her VOCAL, she needs songs out on the radio that promote that. Ballads can do well, you just have to look at the charts now. Also Leona hasn't had a big hit ballad for a while so it'll be refreshing rather than predictable.

+Quote Post
Scene
post Feb 26 2013, 01:25 PM
Post #25
This is where you end and I begin
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 5,567
   No Gallery Pics

The dilemma Leona and her team have is the fact that her material needs to be compatible with radio 1 and Capital.

'Trouble', with the rap feature and written by Emeli Sande, was suited to Radio 1 and was a safe choice in regards to playlisting. But it didn't suit Capital FM AT ALL, hence why they didn't playlist it.

'Collide', on the other hand, didn't get spun AT ALL on Radio 1 despite the B-Listing because it was seen as Leona "selling out". Capital, however, playlisted it.

IF 'Glassheart' was released as the lead single, I'm sure at the very least that Radio 1 would've playlisted it. The change in sound is obvious but it isn't generic dance-pop like 'Collide'. It's actually lyrically strong and has an edgy dance breakdown. The melody is also catchy enough for Capital to have got on board.

For the lead single of the next album, I would suggest Leona should get back in the studio with Ryan Tedder (Let's face it, they are musical soul mates - 'Bleeding Love', 'Happy' AND 'Glassheart' now) and create a sister song to 'Glassheart'. Then promote that as the lead single.

Leona needs a change of sound to get radio on board without it sounding as vacant and contrived as 'Collide' did. Strong melodies, edgy up-tempo music, strong lyrics and then she's set.

But obviously, that means nothing without decent management.

Tbh, Leona could just rely on ONE X Factor performance this year, if the ratings are good, and perform an intense, emotional song and have a 'Beneath Your Beautiful' effect. But the song would have to be extremely right for that sort of effect. Too risky tbh.

This post has been edited by SceneofSIXCrimes: Feb 26 2013, 01:29 PM

+Quote Post
Scene
post Feb 26 2013, 01:30 PM
Post #26
This is where you end and I begin
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 5,567
   No Gallery Pics

Btw I think Leona should have her own Ultimate Rate! kink.gif

She's one of the few artists on here where I've listened to EVERY song by her.

+Quote Post
Danny
post Mar 4 2013, 07:39 PM
Post #27
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 457
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Envoirment @ Feb 16 2013, 07:16 PM) *
I'm quite angry, but happy. They missed out BIG TIME with "Glassheart", "Come Alive", "Shake You Up" and even "Favourite Scar". The way the Glassheart era was handled was worse than Echo sleep.gif I hope with new management that album 4 will do well. Excited for new material. However, I think Leona is going to be forced to record a very commercial album. So I'm going to expect her to work with Max Martin/Dr Luke/Red One and others like them.

I'm really hoping they at least get "Glassheart" out as a single before the tour though. I just don't want to see the song go to complete waste.... Unless, of course, album 4 will include some of the songs on Glassheart. So it will be more of a re-release, rather than a full new album.

There is no way her label is going to put up the cash for her to work with A-List producers again unless/until she starts getting sales to merit it. This is an artist who has not made her label any money in years, they probably made a huge loss on the "GlassHeart" project by splashing out on all those top producers and getting such slim returns in sales.

I predict her next album will be a dirt-cheap Westlife/Susan Boyle-style album full of cover versions, marketed squarely as a Christmas present for mums and grannies.

+Quote Post
Envoirment
post Mar 4 2013, 11:06 PM
Post #28
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 10,030
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Danny @ Mar 4 2013, 07:39 PM) *
There is no way her label is going to put up the cash for her to work with A-List producers again unless/until she starts getting sales to merit it. This is an artist who has not made her label any money in years, they probably made a huge loss on the "GlassHeart" project by splashing out on all those top producers and getting such slim returns in sales.

I predict her next album will be a dirt-cheap Westlife/Susan Boyle-style album full of cover versions, marketed squarely as a Christmas present for mums and grannies.

She makes a lot of money from private gigs. Not to mention her Catalogue sales for Spirit/Bleeding love/Run are still quite high WW. Spirit sold 40k from July 2011-October 2012 in the UK and Bleeding Love sold over 200k copies from May 2012 to February 2013 in the US. Add in other revenue from streaming and youtube and I'm pretty sure they've already payed off "Glassheart". Leona was in Dubai just last week doing another Private gig to open to worlds tallest hotel. I'm pretty sure she got payed well for that.

Even though she doesn't sell as much as she used to, she still makes money from other places.

P.S: Her tour is likely to make a bit of money too.

+Quote Post
Post #29
Fire
   No Gallery Pics

LOL soooooooo extreme it's funny.

+Quote Post
BrookeOlivia
post Mar 9 2013, 02:57 PM
Post #30
Am just a girl who wishes for the world - Marilyn Monroe ♥
Member No.: 11,449
   No Gallery Pics

I think your going a little OTT there darling, If Syco dont want there ''golden girl'' career to be dead they will put money into who she works with! I mean simon says ''Leona saved x factor bla bla'' So i really doubt hes going to just let her do a shitty cover album (sorry for the swearing)

+Quote Post
Danny
post Mar 11 2013, 11:00 PM
Post #31
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Envoirment @ Mar 4 2013, 11:06 PM) *
She makes a lot of money from private gigs. Not to mention her Catalogue sales for Spirit/Bleeding love/Run are still quite high WW. Spirit sold 40k from July 2011-October 2012 in the UK and Bleeding Love sold over 200k copies from May 2012 to February 2013 in the US. Add in other revenue from streaming and youtube and I'm pretty sure they've already payed off "Glassheart". Leona was in Dubai just last week doing another Private gig to open to worlds tallest hotel. I'm pretty sure she got payed well for that.

Even though she doesn't sell as much as she used to, she still makes money from other places.

P.S: Her tour is likely to make a bit of money too.

Record labels don't get cuts of touring/concert profits. And catalogue sales of 'Spirit' and 'Bleeding Love' (which aren't even that high; when was the last time either of them were even seen in the Top 200?) are not going to come close to recouping the exorbitant costs that the likes of Ryan Tedder, Rodney Jerkins, Stargate et al charge.

+Quote Post
Danny
post Mar 11 2013, 11:04 PM
Post #32
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(BrookeOlivia @ Mar 9 2013, 02:57 PM) *
I think your going a little OTT there darling, If Syco dont want there ''golden girl'' career to be dead they will put money into who she works with! I mean simon says ''Leona saved x factor bla bla'' So i really doubt hes going to just let her do a shitty cover album (sorry for the swearing)

Leona is far from their golden girl at this point, since One Direction and Olly Murs are bringing the label far bigger profits than Leona has in years. She isn't going to be their priority anymore. It simply wouldn't make business sense for a label to spend huge costs on an album that, on recent evidence, is not going to sell, so the only reason they would be choosing to keep her on would be that they're planning to spend so little on her from now on that they wouldn't make much of a loss even if her future albums also bomb.

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Apr 6 2013, 02:28 PM
Post #33
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 12,608
   No Gallery Pics

I don't think its worth making a new topic for this, but Leona has been in the news after expressing her views on the Grand National: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a...d-national.html

+Quote Post
Theonix
post Apr 6 2013, 02:53 PM
Post #34
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
Member No.: 8,661

Good on her! I agree with her!

+Quote Post
Post #35
Fire
   No Gallery Pics

After the tour it'll all be about getting this album ready, hope it'll be incredible.
I'll be honest I want it to be a move from Glassheart.
I'd love another Echo style album (Broken, Alive, Lost Then Found, Can't Breathe, Naked) and bring back to the basics of her Spirit album (Bleeding Love, Better in Time, Run). With a couple of Glassheart-vibe songs (Come Alive, Glassheart).

+Quote Post
Anita Hanjaab
post May 22 2013, 11:52 PM
Post #36
Buffy/Charmed
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

I hope she does what Britney did and release Glassheart as a single from this album.

+Quote Post
inactiveaccount
post May 24 2013, 08:38 AM
Post #37
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 1,030
   No Gallery Pics

^^
But "Radar" wasn't the title track, that'd be a little bizarre for Leona to pull such a stunt.

+Quote Post
Envoirment
post May 24 2013, 08:00 PM
Post #38
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 10,030
   No Gallery Pics

Leona has just confirmed she has started recording for the album and said it is planned to be released around christmas time!

+Quote Post
PaPa Ri
post May 24 2013, 09:53 PM
Post #39
JanWasRobbed
Member No.: 8,335

QUOTE(dannjohn3 @ May 24 2013, 11:38 AM) *
^^
But "Radar" wasn't the title track, that'd be a little bizarre for Leona to pull such a stunt.

To be fair hardly anyone will know there was an album called 'Glassheart', so..

+Quote Post
inactiveaccount
post May 24 2013, 11:43 PM
Post #40
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 1,030
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Marina Hurts @ May 24 2013, 10:53 PM) *
To be fair hardly anyone will know there was an album called 'Glassheart', so..

sure they will dearie. it was a huge album in Taiwan.

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:58 PM