BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Photobucket "3rd Party Hosting" Issue
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liam.k.
post Jun 30 2017, 11:08 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
Any photo that has been uploaded to Photobucket now has an image saying "3rd Party Hosting has been temporarily disabled". Anyone know how to get rid of this?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Silas
post Jun 30 2017, 11:10 AM
Post #2
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
Use Flickr

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Jun 30 2017, 11:13 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
It's less of a problem of finding an alternative source to upload photos but more about not being able to see images other people have uploaded to the site. For instance, most of the images used in various chart prep threads are from Photobucket and I can no longer see them.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Jun 30 2017, 11:30 AM
Post #4
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
Photobucket have updated their terms, you now have to PAY to link to a third party site mellow.gif it's ridiculous and I've spent today re-uploading to Imgur drama.gif

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Jun 30 2017, 11:37 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
I've deleted all my photos and deactivated my account to see if that would allow me to at least see images that other people have uploaded on here, but the account doesn't deactivate until 2 July so I don't know if it will make a difference yet or not. I too am now rushing around trying to re-upload photos onto Flickr, which Silas suggested, and replacing all the non-viewable images of mine on here. Still doesn't solve the problem of not being able to see other people's Photobucket images, mind.

+Quote this post
Brer
post Jun 30 2017, 06:31 PM
Post #6
Group icon
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
User: 8,300
There isn't a solution to this unless the people who uploaded the images in the first place upgrade their accounts afaia... it's an executive decision by Photobucket themselves.

(this is why Imgur >)

((although this will probably one day happen to them as well, ImageShack already went the same way a while back too sad.gif))

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:35 AM