BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Marijuana / drug decriminalization
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
crazy chris
post Jan 19 2010, 06:11 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 53
QUOTE(Tyrina Diamandis @ Jan 19 2010, 05:07 PM) *
Oh dear. On the same basis, should we ban alcohol and cigarettes?

And you're also a complete moron. Marijuana can't kill you...

Can you not debate a subject without resorting to personal name-calling and insults? rolleyes.gif I left all that behind in the junior school playground. rolleyes.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
I ❤ JustinBieber
post Jan 19 2010, 06:27 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 6,934
QUOTE(Tyrina Diamandis @ Jan 19 2010, 05:07 PM) *
Oh dear. On the same basis, should we ban alcohol and cigarettes?

And you're also a complete moron. Marijuana can't kill you...

It can

Bob Marley's death was widely attributed to his addiction to marijuana, lung cancer spreading to brain and other areas and dead at 36

+Quote this post
Cal
post Jan 19 2010, 06:59 PM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 5,964
QUOTE(B.A Baracus @ Jan 19 2010, 06:27 PM) *
It can

Bob Marley's death was widely attributed to his addiction to marijuana, lung cancer spreading to brain and other areas and dead at 36

He had a melanoma which originated under one of his toenails due to an injury, which then spread to the rest of his body including his lungs and brain. The marijuana didn't cause his death. The only way you would die is if you smoked your own body weight in marijuana in a short period of time, and even if you did that you would die of smoke inhalation (just like you would if you were in a house fire) before you would from the toxicity of the drug. smile.gif

Other drugs like heroin are a different story altogether. But why marijuana is illegal is beyond me. tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post Jan 19 2010, 07:21 PM
Post #24
Group icon
DROTTNING!
User: 480
QUOTE(B.A Baracus @ Jan 19 2010, 06:27 PM) *
It can

What Cal said tongue.gif And, in any case, that would only be as a result of smoking it with tobacco, which isn't the only way of ingesting marijuana...

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post Jan 19 2010, 07:22 PM
Post #25
Group icon
DROTTNING!
QUOTE(Victor Meldrew @ Jan 19 2010, 06:11 PM) *
Can you not debate a subject without resorting to personal name-calling and insults? rolleyes.gif I left all that behind in the junior school playground. rolleyes.gif

I'll stop resorting to these things when you 'resort' to actually informing yourself on the issues before coming into the debate, rather than just peddling rash generalisations with no background context whatsoever...

+Quote this post
I ❤ JustinBieber
post Jan 19 2010, 07:22 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 6,934
QUOTE(Cal @ Jan 19 2010, 06:59 PM) *
He had a melanoma which originated under one of his toenails due to an injury, which then spread to the rest of his body including his lungs and brain. The marijuana didn't cause his death. The only way you would die is if you smoked your own body weight in marijuana in a short period of time, and even if you did that you would die of smoke inhalation (just like you would if you were in a house fire) before you would from the toxicity of the drug. smile.gif

Other drugs like heroin are a different story altogether. But why marijuana is illegal is beyond me. tongue.gif

Aah my brainfade :/ been a long day, thanks for clarifying smile.gif

+Quote this post
GRIMLY FIENDISH
post Jan 20 2010, 12:38 PM
Post #27
Group icon
Always wear a clean pair of knickers, cos you never know when th
User: 190
The worst thing you can say about Marijuana is that it may exacerbate an ALREADY EXISTING mental condition.... In and of itself it is not lethal and it doesn't create mental problems in someone with no history of such problems....

+Quote this post
Cal
post Jan 20 2010, 03:09 PM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 5,964
I was just listening to the radio in the car and Head Shops was the topic. I don't know what they're like in the UK, but they're getting quite popular here now. People usually buy cannabis FLAVOURED tobacco etc. There was a mother complaining that her son went off the rails because he became a regular customer at one of these shops. She claimed he almost had a stroke and that he tested positive for cannabis. Seeing as these shops don't actually sell cannabis and it actually can't do that to you, it proved how ill-informed she actually was (I like the word 'actually', btw smoke.gif). He most likely got sick because he smoked too much cannabis FLAVOURED tobacco. She said "And they sell pre-rolled joints for 5€!"... Christ love, THEY AREN'T REAL JOINTS. It's regular tobacco. The same tobacco in YOUR cigarettes. And then she blamed the store for her son's illness. Hello? He was old enough to make the choice to buy that tobacco, and f***, if I lived with you I'd have a f***ing stroke!

Point of my rant: If cannabis/marijuana was legal, this wouldn't happen. tongue.gif

+Quote this post
GRIMLY FIENDISH
post Jan 20 2010, 03:28 PM
Post #29
Group icon
Always wear a clean pair of knickers, cos you never know when th
User: 190
QUOTE(Cal @ Jan 20 2010, 03:09 PM) *
I was just listening to the radio in the car and Head Shops was the topic. I don't know what they're like in the UK, but they're getting quite popular here now. People usually buy cannabis FLAVOURED tobacco etc. There was a mother complaining that her son went off the rails because he became a regular customer at one of these shops. She claimed he almost had a stroke and that he tested positive for cannabis. Seeing as these shops don't actually sell cannabis and it actually can't do that to you, it proved how ill-informed she actually was (I like the word 'actually', btw smoke.gif). He most likely got sick because he smoked too much cannabis FLAVOURED tobacco. She said "And they sell pre-rolled joints for 5€!"... Christ love, THEY AREN'T REAL JOINTS. It's regular tobacco. The same tobacco in YOUR cigarettes. And then she blamed the store for her son's illness. Hello? He was old enough to make the choice to buy that tobacco, and f***, if I lived with you I'd have a f***ing stroke!

Point of my rant: If cannabis/marijuana was legal, this wouldn't happen. tongue.gif

You ask me it was probably all the artificial additives in the flavouring that made him ill..... rolleyes.gif

+Quote this post
Grymey D TV
post Feb 1 2010, 12:13 AM
Post #30
Group icon
New Entry
User: 10,554
there wod be less problems

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post Feb 1 2010, 03:52 PM
Post #31
Group icon
DROTTNING!
PROFOUND.

+Quote this post
Torple
post Feb 1 2010, 08:01 PM
Post #32
Group icon
Ego reputo vos es totus pilosus rectum
User: 35
Grymey D TV for PRESIDENT

+Quote this post
Joao.
post Feb 3 2010, 03:38 AM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 2,497
Im not so sure how to go about this tbh. I occassionally smoke weed and whilst i dont really like doing it, if i were to stop doing it, i know i would be phased out from my circle of friends so i admit i have succumed to peer pressure. On the topic of the effects, I have personally felt some side effects from it. A few years back i went through a really dodgy phase in my life and went (without sounding cliched) to a pretty dark place. I wouldnt be very socialable, i would feel a lot more critical about myself and would take my anger out on myself (a PG-13 way to put it so to speak). But then again i was also on Anti-Depressants at that time so im not 100% if it was smoking cannabis or if it was the pills however, having said that, my best mate who i used to hang out with pretty much every day, smokes loads of it (especially recently) and does not take Anti-Depressants but yet i see some of the same side effects that I had in him now. And whats worse, the only time i ever hang out with him now, is when i have money to "lend" him so he can get his hand on something. Any other time he usually goes wherever the weed is. So for the above reasons, i think seeing harsher punishments might benefit society some way but on the other hand you have the breakdown of organized crime as the most obvious of arguements. And also seeing as the reclassification of the drug to a class B hasnt really done much im not so sure how harsher punishments may actually change things if at all... So yeah thats my two cents.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post Mar 22 2018, 10:04 AM
Post #34
Group icon
Paul Hyett
User: 364
Bump - old thread on decriminalization of drugs.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Mar 22 2018, 10:12 AM
Post #35
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639
Decriminalise NOW and legalise marijuana. It has only been illegal in recent human history, NEVER before, due to big business Rockafella pressure. Time to say NO to fat cats ruling us.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post Mar 22 2018, 10:30 AM
Post #36
Group icon
Paul Hyett
QUOTE(Shia LeMuffQueef @ Mar 22 2018, 10:12 AM) *
Decriminalise NOW and legalise marijuana. It has only been illegal in recent human history, NEVER before, due to big business Rockafella pressure. Time to say NO to fat cats ruling us.

You realise that decriminalization wouldn't magically stop all drug related crime, right?

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Mar 22 2018, 10:47 AM
Post #37
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
QUOTE(vidcapper @ Mar 22 2018, 10:30 AM) *
You realise that decriminalization wouldn't magically stop all drug related crime, right?

It's time to get addicts the help they need and realise the government has NO business dictating what people can and cannot do with their own bodies.

It wouldn't magically stop drug crime no, but it would stop making drug addicts and marijuana users criminals. Prohibition does not work.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post Mar 22 2018, 11:47 AM
Post #38
Group icon
Paul Hyett
QUOTE(Shia LeMuffQueef @ Mar 22 2018, 10:47 AM) *
It's time to get addicts the help they need and realise the government has NO business dictating what people can and cannot do with their own bodies.

It wouldn't magically stop drug crime no, but it would stop making drug addicts and marijuana users criminals. Prohibition does not work.

Stoned drivers would be no less dangerous if drugs were legalised, though...

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Mar 22 2018, 11:55 AM
Post #39
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
QUOTE(vidcapper @ Mar 22 2018, 11:47 AM) *
Stoned drivers would be no less dangerous if drugs were legalised, though...

Wut?

Drink drivers are FAR more dangerous.

Hey.

LET'S BAN ALCOHOL!!!

DRINK DRIVERS NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Wait. I'm sure it won't end like the LAST era of US prohibition did. Noo sir.

+Quote this post
danG
post Mar 22 2018, 11:58 AM
Post #40
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746
How many drugs would you have legalised? I think marijuana should be legal but cocaine, heroin, MDMA etc. should remain illegal.

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:09 AM