BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Marijuana / drug decriminalization
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Long Dong Silver
post 22nd March 2018, 11:59 AM
Post #41
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

QUOTE(danG @ Mar 22 2018, 11:58 AM) *
How many drugs would you have legalised? I think marijuana should be legal but cocaine, heroin, MDMA etc. should remain illegal.

But with decriminalised use.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 22nd March 2018, 02:32 PM
Post #42
Group icon
Paul Hyett
User: 364

QUOTE(Shia LeMuffQueef @ Mar 22 2018, 11:55 AM) *
Wut?

Drink drivers are FAR more dangerous.

Ever watched Police Interceptors? huh.gif

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 22nd March 2018, 02:49 PM
Post #43
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Mar 22 2018, 02:32 PM) *
Ever watched Police Interceptors? huh.gif

Whatever.

Should we ban alcohol because of drink drivers?

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 22nd March 2018, 03:19 PM
Post #44
Group icon
Paul Hyett

QUOTE(Shia LeMuffQueef @ Mar 22 2018, 02:49 PM) *
Whatever.

Should we ban alcohol because of drink drivers?

Or for that matter, mobile phones... rolleyes.gif

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 22nd March 2018, 03:21 PM
Post #45
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Mar 22 2018, 03:19 PM) *
Or for that matter, mobile phones... rolleyes.gif

So legalise it.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 22nd March 2018, 03:30 PM
Post #46
Group icon
Paul Hyett

The point you seem to be missing is that it is *not* simply the use of alcohol, pot, etc - it is the *irresponsible misuse* of it, e.g. while driving etc.

+Quote this post
danG
post 22nd March 2018, 03:31 PM
Post #47
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

The #1 cause of driving accidents is cars, should we be banning cars because of drink drivers? (sarcasm)

+Quote this post
Silas
post 22nd March 2018, 07:37 PM
Post #48
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

What ridiculous point are you even making Vidcapper?

If weed was legalised, that doesn't mean it suddenly stops being an offence to be under the influence of it behind the wheel. Alcohol is a legal substance it is illegal to drive under the influence of. It is illegal to drive if you are unfit through drink or drugs, this covers legal prescription drugs too. If it says you can't drive on them, driving on them is illegal. The legal framework already exists to keep stoned driving illegal.

I don't support legalisation, which makes me stand out from my peers somewhat. I do support decriminalisation of the personal use of illegal narcotics. We should be supporting addicts through rehabilitation programmes and providing facilities like drug consumption rooms.

Did you know that the City of Glasgow is undergoing a HIV crisis because of shared needles/dirty needles in the drug communities? CoG council, with support from the Scottish Government want to bring in Drug Consumption rooms but the Home Office is refusing. Copenhagen has seen HIV rates plummet to the lowest in Europe and in Copenhagen last year they had ~800 overdoses but no deaths. Scotland is the drug death capital of Europe. Copenhagen isn't an isolated case either. Ireland, The Netherlands and many more European Countries have introduced these rooms to significant improvements in HIV transmission rates (and other Blood-bourne transmittable illnesses such as Hep B) reducing the burden on healthcare and fewer deaths due to overdoses too. As they're staffed by nurses it improves the general standard of health within the community and allows for signposting to support services such as addiction counselling.

If we want to end our drug problem we need to stop treating addicts like criminals and give them the support they need to beat their addictions rather than face the continuing reoffending cycle of prisons.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 23rd March 2018, 06:50 AM
Post #49
Group icon
Paul Hyett

QUOTE(5 Silas Frøkner @ Mar 22 2018, 07:37 PM) *
What ridiculous point are you even making Vidcapper?

First off, which of the points I was making do you consider 'ridiculous' - as I can't figure that out?

I don't support legalisation, which makes me stand out from my peers somewhat. I do support decriminalisation of the personal use of illegal narcotics. We should be supporting addicts through rehabilitation programmes and providing facilities like drug consumption rooms.

If we want to end our drug problem we need to stop treating addicts like criminals and give them the support they need to beat their addictions rather than face the continuing reoffending cycle of prisons.

All of the above assumes that addicts *want* to come off drugs, of course - but what if they don't? If they refuse help, and continue to commit crimes to feed their habit, what then?

The obvious analogy is with smokers, some of whom continue despite the well-known health risks - but smoking doesn't impair abilities like drink or drugs do, so people can hold down jobs, which is less the case if they are regularly drunk/stoned. In the latter case, they will lack money and probably still need to commit crime to be able to afford their fix, even if it was legally available.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 23rd March 2018, 06:54 AM
Post #50
Group icon
Paul Hyett

QUOTE(Shia LeMuffQueef @ Mar 22 2018, 03:21 PM) *
So legalise it.

Driving while using a mobile, you mean? unsure.gif

Your point about people being allowed to do what they like with their own bodies is valid, but only up to a point - that point is where their indulgences put others in danger.

+Quote this post
Tombo
post 23rd March 2018, 04:33 PM
Post #51
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,543

no, it is a nasty vile drug and it shouldn't be legal, it should be clamped down on harder, it can really mess people up

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 23rd March 2018, 04:38 PM
Post #52
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

Alcohol? Yes, it is extremely dangerous and can mess people up in a variety of ways.

Marijuana is perfectly natural and safe. If you don't want to take it, don't, but don't tell ME or anyone else what we can do with OUR bodies.

+Quote this post
Tombo
post 23rd March 2018, 04:43 PM
Post #53
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Shia LeMuffQueef @ Mar 23 2018, 04:38 PM) *
Alcohol? Yes, it is extremely dangerous and can mess people up in a variety of ways.

Marijuana is perfectly natural and safe. If you don't want to take it, don't, but don't tell ME or anyone else what we can do with OUR bodies.

It's not, it can have nasty psychological effects on people and it messed my head up A LOT

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 23rd March 2018, 04:48 PM
Post #54
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

Are you sure it was the drug that did that and not the circumstances that led you to take it??

Alcohol can have psychological effects too. Withdrawal from alcohol can kill you. You will hallucinate, usually a small figure running around, and then die.

Weed is natural and has been legal for ALL of human history. It was only temporarily and recently banned by BIG BUSINESS taking umbrage at hemp. That's all. Most studies downplay any lasting psychological harm, and those effects vs those seen by cancer-ridden fags and booze are MINIMAL.

+Quote this post
Tombo
post 23rd March 2018, 04:57 PM
Post #55
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Shia LeMuffQueef @ Mar 23 2018, 04:48 PM) *
Are you sure it was the drug that did that and not the circumstances that led you to take it??

Alcohol can have psychological effects too. Withdrawal from alcohol can kill you. You will hallucinate, usually a small figure running around, and then die.

Weed is natural and has been legal for ALL of human history. It was only temporarily and recently banned by BIG BUSINESS taking umbrage at hemp. That's all. Most studies downplay any lasting psychological harm, and those effects vs those seen by cancer-ridden fags and booze are MINIMAL.

Well I started getting worse issues after I started, I became paranoid and started getting lots of intrusive thoughts that I didn't get before I had taken any of it. People don't realise the effects of what cannabis can do

Alcohol is legal but it doesn't make it good for people

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 23rd March 2018, 04:58 PM
Post #56
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

We are grown ups. We can decide to use it or not without the moral brigade who had one or two PERSONAL bad experiences telling us what to do.

+Quote this post
Tombo
post 23rd March 2018, 05:01 PM
Post #57
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Shia LeMuffQueef @ Mar 23 2018, 04:58 PM) *
We are grown ups. We can decide to use it or not without the moral brigade who had one or two PERSONAL bad experiences telling us what to do.

I disagree with substance use and I don't think it should be legalised. Drugs ruin many many lives.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 23rd March 2018, 05:08 PM
Post #58
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

Prohibition does not work and ruins even MORE lives than some imagined adverse reactions.

Marijuana has been used for the ENTIRETY OF HUMAN EXISTENCE. Let that sink in.

+Quote this post
Tombo
post 23rd March 2018, 05:11 PM
Post #59
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Shia LeMuffQueef @ Mar 23 2018, 05:08 PM) *
Prohibition does not work and ruins even MORE lives than some imagined adverse reactions.

Marijuana has been used for the ENTIRETY OF HUMAN EXISTENCE. Let that sink in.

They're not imagined, it can seriously mess people up and I have seen it in other people, not just myself

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 23rd March 2018, 05:13 PM
Post #60
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

Your experiences do not outweigh medical science/ thousands of years of use

Alcohol is far more dangerous, as is processed tobacco. Are those banned? No?

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 04:58 AM