BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Ariana ranked as one of the top 50 greatest singers!, Rolling Stone top 200 all-time list
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Jade
post 1st January 2023, 06:15 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I was waitin' in the garden
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Rolling Stone have published an article called The 200 Greatest Singers of All Time and Ariana has placed at #43!

The article can be read here: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-li...time-1234642307

This is what they had to say about her:

With a whistle tone that rivals Mariah Carey’s in her prime and a voice that is intricate and honeyed across four octaves, Grande became one of the biggest stars of the 2010s — but there are layers to her genius. Ariana is such an apt and knowledgeable vocalist that she also recognizes the power of restraint, wielding her gift in both showstopping (think “God Is a Woman”) and simple ways (Think “7 Rings”) across her already-expansive catalog. The set list for her last (and third) arena tour, named for her 2018 album, Sweetener, was absolutely relentless, a barrage of hits through which she never lost a breath. Even more impressive is her technical ability to make these massive songs. “She knows every detail about her voice,” says Savan Kotecha, a songwriting partner to Grande since her debut: “‘That note over there, that’s a little bit flat.’ We’ll be like, ‘What? No it’s not.’ She’s like, ‘Yes it is, that little syllable there.’ The way that Jimi Hendrix was with a guitar, Ariana Grande is like that with vocals.” —M.C.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jade
post 1st January 2023, 06:16 PM
Post #2
Group icon
I was waitin' in the garden
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Great to see Ariana's vocal talents being acknowledged! I think she's the 2nd highest singer on that list to have debuted in the 21st Century, only Adele is higher ohmy.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 8th June 2024, 03:02 AM