BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Wonder Woman, 02/06/2017 | Gal Gadot, Chris Pine, Robin Wright, David Thewlis
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post Jul 27 2016, 12:53 PM
Post #1
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

So the Comic Con trailer for this dropped in the last week and I am ridiculously excited for it. Wonder Woman was my BvS highlight in the brief screentime she had so I was already hyped for a whole film but I think the trailer looks fantastic. The action scenes look exciting, Gal Gadot looks badass (the shot of her deflecting the shell with her shield!!!!11), there seems to be a good amount of humour, Themyscira looks gorgeous, Chris Pine looks gorgeous too laugh.gif

From all the footage of 2017 movies we've seen so far, this is definitely my favourite although I wouldn't be surprised if Star Wars, Guardians of the Galaxy, Thor or Planet of the Apes footage matches this when we get it. 2017 movies schedule looks fantastic biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by ~josh~: Jun 5 2017, 09:12 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Jul 27 2016, 12:58 PM
Post #2
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
I am so hyped for this, it looks utterly incredible and I adore Gal Gadot wub.gif

+Quote this post
Regina
post Jul 27 2016, 12:59 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572
I saw this trailer and became SUPER excited for it. It looks amazing. Gal is PERFECT as Diana. I like how it kinda follows the idea of the first Cap movie by having it set
during the War (although I think this is WW1?) rather than making it in the present.

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post Jul 27 2016, 07:31 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2
This looks amazing, quite a few good movies out next year, plus Justice League (Part 1) among the others as mentioned in the opening post.

+Quote this post
Severin
post Jul 29 2016, 10:45 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 9,872
QUOTE(Regina @ Jul 27 2016, 01:59 PM) *
I saw this trailer and became SUPER excited for it. It looks amazing. Gal is PERFECT as Diana. I like how it kinda follows the idea of the first Cap movie by having it set
during the War (although I think this is WW1?) rather than making it in the present.

Definitely WWI (and the Fokker monoplanes/German soldiers wearing stahlheims rather than pickelhaubs suggests 1916 or later)

As for the trailer; I was kind of hopeful and this looks good - my son hates Wonder Woman and grudgingly admitted afterwards that he wants to see it now. (He's still pissed off over the 15 rating for Suicide Squad)

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Nov 3 2016, 05:27 PM
Post #6
Group icon
c:
New trailer today and it's another great one. Already have a new favourite moment:

SO BADASS

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Nov 3 2016, 07:51 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376
my comic-reading childhood hits the big screen - and WW wasn't even amongst my top 20 fave DC characters, and still looks fab. cheer.gif Bout time DC did blockbuster movies properly, Marvel may have been the copycat company in the comic world but they do much better movies....

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Mar 12 2017, 08:31 AM
Post #8
Group icon
c:

I still think this looks absolutely amazing, I hope I'm not disappointed. She just looks so cool in the action sequences and I loved the joke at the end too laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Mar 15 2017, 09:02 PM
Post #9
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
Looks like it's gonna be genuinely good!

Am I right in thinking that Zack Snyder has had little to no say in this?

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Apr 24 2017, 11:31 AM
Post #10
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
Seen this trailer in the cinema twice now and it looks really good, I love the different aesthetic it has to the other superhero movies I've seen and Gal and Chris have a couple of great jokes together.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Apr 28 2017, 01:52 PM
Post #11
Group icon
c:

Omg how good does the action look ?!? *-* Also so excited to see Chris Pine & Gal Gadot on-screen together, looks like there's some fun jokes and both have buckets of charisma.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post May 9 2017, 08:46 PM
Post #12
Group icon
c:

Not long to go now that we have the final trailer. I still think the action scenes look great and Gal Gadot & Chris Pine have so much charisma, hoping it turns out well. Imagine Dragons were a great choice to soundtrack this trailer too *-*

+Quote this post
Severin
post May 20 2017, 02:20 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 9,872
Early reviews of this have said it's great and DC's best since The Dark Knight
Actually feeling very positive about this now

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post May 20 2017, 06:37 PM
Post #14
Group icon
I really hope so. It'll be the kick up the bum that they need, I think! And what a better way than to have their first solo female superhero movie do it *.*

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post May 30 2017, 06:34 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Been getting great reviews!

SO EXCITED! wub.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Jun 1 2017, 01:54 AM
Post #16
Group icon
Saw this not too long ago.

Brilliant. EXACTLY what they needed. SO many cinematic "moments" and Gal Gadot is one of the most convincing superheroes in any movie, imo. She fits the character perfectly! Her and Chris Pine together was magical. I'm sure there's a scene that one or two of you may like (yes it involves Chris Pine! tongue.gif)

Just all round brilliant and bad-ass and perfect for what will hopefully be a DC-renaissance of sorts.

The ONLY criticism I had (not really that big a deal tbh) is that most of the scenes that were "setting up" certain characters etc... felt like they went on for about a minute or 2 too long and it felt like you were watching an extended cut of the film or something (things were kept in when they didn't need to be, sort of thing). But that's not necessarily a bad thing. It's just I personally felt it might have a been a little bit too long for a theatrical release.

But apart from that, a strong story, a kick ass superhero, female empowerment, many cinematic "moments" that will be talked about for years to come and an actual good villain/"final battle".

8.5/10

SO HAPPY.

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post Jun 2 2017, 09:19 PM
Post #17
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2
Probably one of the best comic films I have seen, Wonder Woman movie was planned a couple of years back, but never surfaced until recently, the lead actress Gal Gadot filled that void perfectly and the re-telling of the original story of the TV pilot was exceptional well executed in updated effects. I even remember a TV remake of Wonder Woman was planned with Adrienne Padlickli in the lead role which was dumped after a few episodes.

It kept me guessing throughout the film who was Zeus till he surfaced towards the end of the film, which really I didn't see coming. Chris Pine was excellent in his role as Steven Trevor, looking forward to the Justice League movie in November, there was a few elements at the start of the film which were leading from the Superman vs Batman movie. The rest of the cast just blended in well. My only niggle was the beginning of Diana Prince story at the start was a tad too long, apart from that it was a great film overall. 9/10

+Quote this post
Live&LetDie
post Jun 2 2017, 11:23 PM
Post #18
Group icon
New Entry
User: 31,698
I saw it yesterday and it wasn't really my cup of tea. I found it dragged on too long for my liking tbh.

+Quote this post
post Jun 3 2017, 08:20 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
I liked this, but didn't LOVE it as much as I hoped. Lack of an interesting villain, pacing was off and it dragged a bit. I didn't like Captain America 1 either though (which like Jonjo it reminded me of). I love her though, she was great and I genuinely am excited for the sequel, as I believe it'll be better now they've gotten past the "origin" part. Honestly, Wonder Woman's best moment yet is still her entrance into battle in BVS for me!

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Jun 4 2017, 09:40 AM
Post #20
Group icon
c:
LOVED IT wub.gif Gal and Chris were amazing, the chemistry was off the charts and their cute scenes together were lovely to watch (I especially loved the boat scene and the snow in the village scene). The 'I love you' at the end with the flashback was perfect too, I'm so gutted that we won't be seeing Pine again in the DCEU because he was so brilliant in this and they were a fantastic duo. The 'above average' joke made me laugh too and that scene was *-* heehee.gif

My favourite parts were definitely the action scenes though. I know it's not for everyone but I adored the slo-mo, it just made everything seem so much cooler. Wonder Woman knocking off the top of that building in the village and the sword being crushed by Ares were my favourite omg moments.

My only real gripe was the villain really, definitely under-developed and was just there for the final battle really. Plus that moustache looked so stupid, I almost burst out laughing when it flashbacked to him being all weak and battered but he still had that damn massive moustache. laugh.gif

So excited to watch it again though, Gal is such a star in this w00t.gif

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:41 PM