BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Results • Dangerous Woman: The Rate, complete - full results on page 6
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
coi
post 1st July 2021, 09:18 AM
Post #101
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 73,240

Greedy and Thinking Bout You are both great but I'm impressed that Touch It has beaten them to finish in the top two here, easily my favourite Ari album track! heart.gif Into You is amazing too, I would be very shocked if it didn't win, looking forward to seeing the averages they get as these are already (deservedly) really high!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 1st July 2021, 09:44 AM
Post #102
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

'Thinking Bout You' is utterly stunning. wub.gif

I'm not quite getting this massive obsession with 'Touch It' though. Top 2?! blink.gif

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 1st July 2021, 03:26 PM
Post #103
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 18,293

I really thought Greedy would be top 3. Such a massive, bold track that hits you from the first second. Thinking Bout You couldn't be much different but it a very beautiful, emotional track heart.gif

2nd place coming very soon.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 1st July 2021, 04:02 PM
Post #104
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

2. TOUCH IT

AVERAGE SCORE: 9.43

INTO YOU: kath, Lunar, Bré, Cremey, coi (11), jsweetxe, George.keh, Dangerous Julian, blacksquare, Tafty, Nick F1, 152Chris, Jade (10)

BAD DECISIONS: gog_84 (5), …ready for it? (7)

Impressively landing in silver position from Dangerous Woman is Touch It. Not bad for a song that Ariana infamously called boring.

Touch It builds perfectly, taking full advantage of its 4:20 (lol) runtime getting more and more dramatic with each passing chorus until it finally explodes with that bridge and final chorus that is sure to get you hyped where Ari is completely let off the leash to deliver some incredible high notes. It's also perfectly positioned on the tracklist to give the album one final euphoric high before the more emotional and measured ending of KB/FB & Thinking Bout You. Imagine Ari releasing another song that lasts a whole four-minutes twenty-seconds, she can fit in at least 3 tracks in that time now laugh.gif

It’s only been over the past year with its surprising success in the survivor and its universal adoration in the listening party that I become aware of just loved Touch It is on this site and those fans have certainly not let it down here. Five people gave this their full 11 points and a further eight awarding it a round 10 which means that over half of the votes for this song was one of those two scores.

So that means the winner is...

+Quote this post
Jade
post 1st July 2021, 06:05 PM
Post #105
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

I love how much of a fan favourite 'Touch It' has become on BuzzJack wub.gif the synths and that chorus are massive.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 2nd July 2021, 10:24 PM
Post #106
Group icon
Alone and wounded

1. INTO YOU

AVERAGE SCORE: 10.3

INTO YOU: Tawdry Hepburn, jsweetxe, George.keh, blacksquare, Tafty, Nick F1, gog_lad84, Nina West, LewisGT (11)

BAD DECISIONS: Bré, Jade (9) laugh.gif

'Touch It' put up a decent fight but it was always going to be difficult to topple 'Into You'! With an enormous 10.3 average we have crowned this pop banger the winner.

'Into You' was released as the second single from 'Dangerous Woman'. It instantly became a fan favourite but struggled to hit the top 10 on either side of the Atlantic, unfortunately. However, its longevity speaks louder than a less-than-impressive peak for the U.K. at least. We were ready to let it take over that summer of 2016. It's a Max Martin dancefloor stomper sonically. The lyrics are flirty and instantly quotable such as "a little less conversation and a little more touch my body". The song is backed with hand claps and additional vocals during the verses and then we're smacked in the face with a huge synth sound during the chorus. It's only fitting for Ari's towering rush of euphoria lyrically. But levels are raised even further for the bridge with more urgent production and that delivery of "I need you to know.... OoOoOoOoOOOOOOH!" She then doesn't leave us without a whistle note too for good measure. Ari was here to give her love interest and pop fans everything... but we allowed it to miss the top 10. At least she got to ride away with the guy on the motorcycle in the video. Plus this song got to win this countdown and peaked higher than the lead in the U.K. so not all is bad. I think this will go down as a future classic in the world of pop music judging by the outpouring of love it gets already just five years on.

That average... just wow. Nine of you gave 'Into You' top marks while myself and Bray were its biggest 'haters' with 9 rotf.gif if I could be so positive about it in the commentary, as one of its lowest scorers, then you guys must REALLY REALLY love it. I daren't ask Ariana what her opinion of this song is as we already know that she thinks the #2 in this countdown is "boring" so let's just hope she's still into it. I guess she still performed it on her last tour so that has got to be a good sign, right?

+Quote this post
Jade
post 2nd July 2021, 10:25 PM
Post #107
Group icon
Alone and wounded

THANK YOUUUU everyone for taking part in this rate and making it a big success, it's what this album deserves wub.gif

Recap of the results:

1 10.3 Into You
2 9.43 Touch It
3 9.24 Thinking Bout You
4 9.17 Greedy
5 8.83 Dangerous Woman
6 8.63 Be Alright
7 8.26 Knew Better / Forever Boy
8 8.13 Moonlight
9 8.08 Side to Side (feat. Nicki Minaj)
10 7.85 Bad Decisions

11 7.59 Let Me Love You (feat. Lil Wayne)
12 7.54 Everyday (feat. Future)
13 7.3 Sometimes
14 7.2 Leave Me Lonely (feat. Macy Gray)
15 6.2 Step On Up
16 5.85 I Don't Care
17 5.33 Jason’s Song (Gave It Away)

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 2nd July 2021, 10:27 PM
Post #108
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

The right winner. Such a perfect pop song cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Brer
post 2nd July 2021, 11:22 PM
Post #109
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

Obvious winner ofc but I can't be too mad at it, it is my 2nd fave song on the album after all xx

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 2nd July 2021, 11:30 PM
Post #110
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Let me catch up...

'Let Me Love You' finished too high. Should have been bottom 3 sad.gif 'Bad Decisions' I go through phases with, I ultimately like it but a lot of the time I do get slightly annoyed by it. It's very catchy though. 'Side To Side' finishing really low... I'm quite surprised. But then again, it has always been very marmite for a lot of people. It never really hit me until it was made a single though and now, I'd say it's essential Ari tbh. A BOP.

'Moonlight' is gorgeous. A lovely album opener. I didn't have this down to finish as high as 8th though, but I'm not mad tbh. 'Knew Better / Forever Boy' are fantastic. I do wish they weren't intertwined together and they were both separate songs though. But very happy with this being top half of the album wub.gif 'Be Alright' I like it a lot, but I've definitely cooled off it since album release. About right for it.

'Dangerous Woman' is incredible. One of my favourite pop female vocal performances of recent times. She just EXCELLED with this. Love the 90's pop/rock ballad-esque feel to it. Such a wonderful soaring and powerful chorus! Incredible. Happy to see it 5th (even though I'd probably personally put it top 3). Speaking of "favourite pop female vocal performances"... is 'Greedy' the greatest of the modern era? I reckon there is definitely a case to be had in favour for it. So groovy and funky. Should've been a single!

'Thinking Bout You' is incredible. One of my fave mid-slow tempo songs by a main pop girl of the 10's. Just beautiful! 'Touch It' is incredible and fully deserving of 2nd place! This album really does have so many incredible moments/songs. Amazing song!

Now onto 'Into You' and simply put... a MASTERPIECE. From the lyrics to the production right through to her vocal performance and the structure of the song. Absolutely STELLAR stuff. One of the greatest pop songs of ALL time. Not just the 10's or "recent times"... all time. FULL. STOP. Amazing.

Thank you so much to the moderators for this rate. It's been incredible revisiting this album on it's 5th year! A timeless classic and an all time favourite for me.

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post 3rd July 2021, 02:13 PM
Post #111
Group icon
Julian Nial
User: 18,454

Wow that average is mad! Correct winner I'd say.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 4th July 2021, 11:40 AM
Post #112
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

One of the best pop songs of last decade undeniably.

+Quote this post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 02:01 PM