BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Camilla's racist past exposed ~
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
post Dec 20 2019, 01:52 AM
Post #21
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 8,103
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jordan Lee @ Dec 20 2019, 05:13 AM) *
Can someone tell me what she actually said?

I really love Camila always have. Itís a shame if this really does go against her. I donít think sheís homophobic or racist tbh. She was in a band with members of different ethnicities and sheís collaborated with a lot of artists from varied backgrounds too! We donít need to cancel her. Whoever made that thread up is obviously just jealous of her.

Edit: yeah the things she posted were quite bad tbh. But theres still people what need to be cancelled before she does. Plus I bet she got a real hard time from the other girls whilst they were in the band. They were obviously jealous and threatened by her because she IS a star. People who stan other artists constantly try and bring this whole sheís racist back up again because again she is a star!! None of the others in the band have that and people are just trying to bring her down for the sake of a few tweets. Idk but so many successful artists these days have done worse.

Jesus f***ing christ are you even a real person or a robot? I'm not even going to call you out on the specific parts of your post that irk me because it all does... But since I would like you to do better...

No one cares what the other 4 members of Fifth Harmony have said or done because this is about what CAMILA has done. We are holding HER accountable for her actions because she needs to be held accountable. However she was exposed, whoever exposed, she did that and is rightly being held accountable.

Do not f***ing use Stan culture so excuse an individual's actions. What she did and said was racist. And I don't think anyone is "jealous" of that. Go educate yourself instead of doing exactly what she is doing and pleading ignorance.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
shadow2009
post Dec 20 2019, 12:32 PM
Post #22
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 10,059

Hmm.

I always loved Camila ever since Fifth Harmony. I've enjoyed most of her singles, I've found her to be really likeable as a person and thought she was an amazing live performer so to read all this stuff is extremely frustrating and saddening. Her apology is pathetic and I'm tired of problematic behaviour seemingly being 'put right' by an Instagram story these days. It certainly adds more context to her relationship with the other band members and probably points to those other text messages about her wanting to 'punch Ally in the head' and her feeling the 'other girls are jealous because I'm the lead singer' being legit as well.

Age is NOT AN EXCUSE and at 15/16 years old you know what racism is and the history behind the language she was using and sharing. However what I will say though is that people change and the person you are as a teenager is not the same person you are as an adult. No she shouldn't be forgiven easily and no an apology on Instagram is not good enough but I think cancelling her forever over stuff that happened seven years ago is a bit extreme.

Cheryl beat up someone and she was rewarded with Girls Aloud, X-Factor and a solo career and everyone has forgotten about that incident. Katy Perry has been accused of sexually harassing someone from her music video, should we cancel her too? Chris Brown beat the shit out of Rihanna and was back to releasing a new album about six months later. What about all the singers who are caught with drugs like Bruno Mars and Justin Bieber? What about Drake and all the rappers with their fighting and assault charges? Eminem's homophobia?

Do we just 'cancel' every celebrity with a dodgy past? Or do we seperate the person from the music? Regarding Camila I'd say in 2019 she's obviously grown up and is hopefully genuinely ashamed of her social media history. She's always seemed very professional and supportive towards other artists and I've saw countless occasions of her showing a ton of patience and composure when dealing with fans and paparazzi. Does good behaviour cancel out the bad behaviour?

I just don't think it's always as black and white as saying because someone was an asshole as a teenager that they should be punished for those actions as an adult. She was trash, she was disgusting and she SHOULD do more than a shitty apology but surely the best way to fix this is to be a better person and she seems to be doing that anyway?

(I completely get it if anyone doesn't want to forgive her though)

+Quote Post
LJ JORD 7
post Dec 21 2019, 09:28 AM
Post #23
BATTLE FOR YOUR LIFE ; BABYLON 🗡🦾
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 27,116
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(_____________ @ Dec 20 2019, 01:52 AM) *
Jesus f***ing christ are you even a real person or a robot? I'm not even going to call you out on the specific parts of your post that irk me because it all does... But since I would like you to do better...

No one cares what the other 4 members of Fifth Harmony have said or done because this is about what CAMILA has done. We are holding HER accountable for her actions because she needs to be held accountable. However she was exposed, whoever exposed, she did that and is rightly being held accountable.

Do not f***ing use Stan culture so excuse an individual's actions. What she did and said was racist. And I don't think anyone is "jealous" of that. Go educate yourself instead of doing exactly what she is doing and pleading ignorance.

Call me out itíll go in one ear out the other anyways. My feelings and opinions on Camila are very strong it wonít change a thing. If that makes me bad than so be it. She wonít be getting cancelled by me thatís for sure. Bitter 5H stans who had another fave member whoís flopping dragging up stuff from 7 years ago time and time again. We seen this whole sheís a racist twaddle years ago. Iíd love to have seen how perfect everyone else was at age 15!

This post has been edited by Jordan Lee: Dec 21 2019, 09:30 AM

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Dec 21 2019, 11:09 AM
Post #24
i thought i was flying but maybe im dying tonight
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

At age 15, I was moaning about Jedward on Facebook, not reposting racist content.

When people bring up celebrities' past (I'm not sure WHY people spend their time doing this or how anyone even unearthes an old tumblr, it's a bit creepy but anyway...), age and context is so important but there cannot be any excusing the amount and the tone of those posts. It's not an accident, it's not a mistake - it's clearly wrong and concerning.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Dec 22 2019, 01:38 AM
Post #25
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

Exactly!! I mean we all made certain jokes (the whole phase of "gay" = bad is common lol) but there's just such a difference between making a couple of jokes or kind of enabling/laughing at those things at the time, and the tone and volume of what Camila shared. It's not to say she should be cancelled and erased from history or anything, we don't know how she's changed or if the remnants of those attitudes changed, but that doesn't mean the fact she ever had those attitudes, and the apology being quite shallow, isn't concerning. I would love to think that world experience has changed her but there's the rumours of how she treated Normani too.

It couldn't have less to do with what other artists have or haven't done, or how fans treat her, none of that matters in the judgement of HER behaviour that SHE did. The fans and other members of 5H, whoever else, aren't the ones who reblogged those things, it was her. I'm sick of there always being extraneous factors that people use to excuse what their faves did wrong, I love her as an artist but you can't excuse how awful the stuff she reposted was just because she makes bops!

+Quote Post
troylovesmusic
post Dec 22 2019, 02:30 PM
Post #26
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 10,179
   No Gallery Pics

Being a black person myself I just can’t support her or her music anymore . Tbh there was actual rumblings of this when she was in the group and when Normani her own band mate was getting racially bullied and threatened by Camila’s own fans to the point Normani had to leave twitter for a while Camila was quiet and never defended her and it’s also alleged she was racist towards Normani personally also . I get that people can change but her so called apology on her Instagram story came across very phoney and not genuine or sincere at all she should be doing more to set the record straight because she is getting dragged left right and centre all over social media and tbh it’s very justified .

This post has been edited by troylovesmusic: Dec 22 2019, 02:38 PM

+Quote Post
troylovesmusic
post Dec 22 2019, 02:47 PM
Post #27
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jordan Lee @ Dec 19 2019, 07:13 PM) *
Can someone tell me what she actually said?

I really love Camila always have. It’s a shame if this really does go against her. I don’t think she’s homophobic or racist tbh. She was in a band with members of different ethnicities and she’s collaborated with a lot of artists from varied backgrounds too! We don’t need to cancel her. Whoever made that thread up is obviously just jealous of her.

Edit: yeah the things she posted were quite bad tbh. But theres still people what need to be cancelled before she does. Plus I bet she got a real hard time from the other girls whilst they were in the band. They were obviously jealous and threatened by her because she IS a star. People who stan other artists constantly try and bring this whole she’s racist back up again because again she is a star!! None of the others in the band have that and people are just trying to bring her down for the sake of a few tweets. Idk but so many successful artists these days have done worse.
I’m sorry but the second part of you’re post is a load of rubbish . This narrative that the other girls were giving her a hard time and jealous of her is so bogus and a load of crap imo . Especially with all this stuff and proof that has come out about her being a straight up racist during her time in the group and to her own band mate . Also with the way she suddenly just left the group if anything I think it’s quite clear as day now that she was the main problem between the girls . And I don’t get what her being a so called ‘Star’ as you say has anything to do with this either !

This post has been edited by troylovesmusic: Dec 22 2019, 03:54 PM

+Quote Post
LJ JORD 7
post Dec 22 2019, 04:39 PM
Post #28
   No Gallery Pics

You can have your own opinion and thatís fine but I think itís very obvious Camila was treated badly by all the other members of the band and that it was out of nothing but jealousy. Even Demi said Camila was only one who shines in the group back in the X Factor days. She does have star quality and something about her what just makes her stand out in my opinion. Just look at the groups success after she left compared to when she was in the band laugh.gif

+Quote Post
troylovesmusic
post Dec 22 2019, 06:18 PM
Post #29
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jordan Lee @ Dec 22 2019, 04:39 PM) *
You can have your own opinion and that’s fine but I think it’s very obvious Camila was treated badly by all the other members of the band and that it was out of nothing but jealousy. Even Demi said Camila was only one who shines in the group back in the X Factor days. She does have star quality and something about her what just makes her stand out in my opinion. Just look at the groups success after she left compared to when she was in the band laugh.gif
And what proof and evidence do you have that she was treated badly by the others ? And really one passing comment by Demi on X Factor when they were a new group your basing that theory on ? Lol I have to laugh . She had 1 hit single and decent a selling 1st Album her 2nd album has underperformed quite badly so far with her current tour not selling that great currently either .

This post has been edited by troylovesmusic: Dec 22 2019, 06:24 PM

+Quote Post
LJ JORD 7
post Dec 22 2019, 07:48 PM
Post #30
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(troylovesmusic @ Dec 22 2019, 06:18 PM) *
And what proof and evidence do you have that she was treated badly by the others ? And really one passing comment by Demi on X Factor when they were a new group your basing that theory on ? Lol I have to laugh . She had 1 hit single and decent a selling 1st Album her 2nd album has underperformed quite badly so far with her current tour not selling that great currently either .

Sheíd had one mega smash in Havana and at least four other songs what Iíd call hits. Crying In The Club, Never Be The Same, Liar, South of the border.

Whereís your proof she genuinely did abuse Normani. Thereís so many videos on YouTube what show the other girls acting shady towards her. I donít really need to repeat myself again though. Sheís the star of the band and what she said she said years ago pretty much a third of her life ago. Itís embarrassing that people think she should be cancelled for sharing memes when she was a teenager laugh.gif

+Quote Post
troylovesmusic
post Dec 22 2019, 08:15 PM
Post #31
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jordan Lee @ Dec 22 2019, 07:48 PM) *
She’d had one mega smash in Havana and at least four other songs what I’d call hits. Crying In The Club, Never Be The Same, Liar, South of the border.

Where’s your proof she genuinely did abuse Normani. There’s so many videos on YouTube what show the other girls acting shady towards her. I don’t really need to repeat myself again though. She’s the star of the band and what she said she said years ago pretty much a third of her life ago. It’s embarrassing that people think she should be cancelled for sharing memes when she was a teenager laugh.gif
Havana was her only massive hit Never Be The Same done ok but it wasn’t a smash hit the other two you mentioned weren’t hits and the other was Ed Sheeran’s song which she was featured on . The proof regarding Normani is out there for you to find if you look yourself . Either way you bringing up the other girls is irrelevant this is about CAMILA and what she has done which is be racist in numerous posts. You trying to excuse it and make excuses for her will not change that !

This post has been edited by troylovesmusic: Dec 22 2019, 11:50 PM

+Quote Post
shadow2009
post Dec 22 2019, 11:19 PM
Post #32
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 10,059

QUOTE(Jordan Lee @ Dec 22 2019, 07:48 PM) *
Sheíd had one mega smash in Havana and at least four other songs what Iíd call hits. Crying In The Club, Never Be The Same, Liar, South of the border.

Whereís your proof she genuinely did abuse Normani. Thereís so many videos on YouTube what show the other girls acting shady towards her. I donít really need to repeat myself again though. Sheís the star of the band and what she said she said years ago pretty much a third of her life ago. Itís embarrassing that people think she should be cancelled for sharing memes when she was a teenager laugh.gif

This is making me so uncomfortable to read. Camila is the one who got exposed for sharing and posting severely racist memes and gifs online AND sat back and did nothing to defend Normani when she was getting abuse, death threats and pictures of herself being LYNCHED and you're defending Camila?

No f***ing wonder the other girls were acting shady towards her. She got exposed chatting shit about the other members on Facebook (they're all jealous of me, I'm the lead singer, Ally is so annoying and I want to punch her etc), started releasing solo music, travelling seperately from them and then all that Normani shit happened and she let it slide? f*** outta here. I'm surprised Normani didn't beat her ass for that shit.

She was 19 years old when the Normani lynching stuff was happening so she was hardly a teenager. This was around the time of the release of Flex.

Fix your priorities because this is terrifying that you're jumping to the defence of a racist.

+Quote Post
ON STRIKE
post Dec 23 2019, 12:38 AM
Post #33
Buffy/Charmed
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

What did she say?? All I can see is a deleted tumblr.

+Quote Post
JosephStyles
post Dec 23 2019, 12:48 AM
Post #34
do you know who you are?
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 13,530

QUOTE(Jordan Lee @ Dec 22 2019, 04:39 PM) *
You can have your own opinion and thatís fine but I think itís very obvious Camila was treated badly by all the other members of the band and that it was out of nothing but jealousy. Even Demi said Camila was only one who shines in the group back in the X Factor days. She does have star quality and something about her what just makes her stand out in my opinion. Just look at the groups success after she left compared to when she was in the band laugh.gif

Literally none of this is relevant though. The point at hand is that Camila, on her Tumblr, was racist. There's no two ways about it and there's no excuse. She was young, and young people can do stupid things, and I certainly hope that she's learnt since then and is ashamed of what she did, but none of this excuses the fact that she was racist. It's nothing to do with how the other girls treated her or anything else that's happened, and you seem very keen to defend her.

I'm absolutely still going to be a fan of Camila and her music, but I completely understand those who find her past actions hurtful. I don't really believe in "cancel culture" and I prefer to see how people have changed and grown, and I saw a tweet the other day circulating about positive ways in which Camila has spoken out about black lives matter, etc (I can't find the tweet again to share it unfortunately) so perhaps she has already grown, but she was still racist. Perhaps it's easier for me to continue being a fan of Camila's because I'm not directly affected, but that doesn't mean I can't recognise and condemn her incredibly offensive actions.

Take a look at yourself and what you're posting, Jordan, cause it's coming across quite defensive of Camila when there shouldn't be any need to be defensive....

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Dec 23 2019, 01:02 AM
Post #35
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

Exactly!! I don't care how much of a "star" she is, I don't care if it's a random person on the street, Camila or the biggest artist in the world, racism is racism. Anyone who reposted what she did would deserve to be called out on it being disgusting behaviour because it was! I don't care how the others allegedly treated her (no wonder if she was using the language towards Normani that she did, I'd absolutely be cold towards someone who called my black friend the n word lmao), you can't excuse away what she did in any context.

It's quite frankly utterly delusional to just parrot that she's a star and people are jealous, are you really not seeing that the things she posted were racist?? The actual posts are the only things that matter, not her star quality, how many hits she has compared to whoever else, and when you isolate those I cannot believe anyone can see they aren't racist.

+Quote Post
LJ JORD 7
post Dec 23 2019, 07:08 PM
Post #36
   No Gallery Pics

OK. I think Iíll not say anything else on this matter laugh.gif

I often find myself in these kinds of situations and I donít really want to cause offence. I do see what you guys are saying I just find it embarrassing that 7 years later itís still getting brought up as itís been around for years now if that makes sense.

But yeah sorry to anyone who might think Iím being offensive or sharing views like that.

+Quote Post
troylovesmusic
post Feb 28 2020, 06:29 PM
Post #37
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

Normani has addressed this situation in her interview and cover with Rolling Stone

Full Interview - https://rol.st/2uIRC1q

Recently, Cabello came under fire when it was verified that she had shared and written racist slurs and memes on a personal Tumblr she maintained around the age of 14. Since 5H Cabello and Normani have interacted at award shows, where their paths have repeatedly crossed, but when I talk with her, Normani is still wrapping her head around those Tumblr posts. As a black woman with young black fans, she wants to be “concise” with how she addresses it. “I just want to make sure that anything I say is exactly what I mean,” she offers. “I’ll get back to you on that.”
And she does get back to me on – in writing, after deliberating for a couple weeks: “I want to be very clear about what I’m going to say on this uncomfortable subject and figured it would be best to write out my thoughts to avoid being misconstrued, as I have been in the past. I struggled with talking about this because I didn’t want it to be a part of my narrative, but I am a black woman, who is a part of an entire generation that has a similar story,” she begins, via e-mail.

I face senseless attacks daily, as does the rest of my community. This represents a day in the life for us. I have been tolerating discrimination far before I could even comprehend what exactly was happening. Direct and subliminal hatred has been geared towards me for many years solely because of the color of my skin. It would be dishonest if I said that this particular scenario didn’t hurt me. It was devastating that this came from a place that was supposed to be a safe haven and a sisterhood, because I knew that if the tables were turned I would defend each of them in a single heartbeat. It took days for her to acknowledge what I was dealing with online and then years for her to take responsibility for the offensive tweets that recently resurfaced. Whether or not it was her intention, this made me feel like I was second to the relationship that she had with her fans.”
Cabello has since apologized for the posts, calling the version of herself that made them “ignorant and unaware.” Many of those posts included flippant use of the n-word and black stereotypes, not too far off from the type of daily hatred Normani received while in 5H.
I don’t want to say that this situation leaves me hopeless because I believe that everyone deserves the opportunity for personal growth,” Normani continues. “I really hope that an important lesson was learned in this. I hope there is genuine understanding about why this was absolutely unacceptable. I have spoken what is in my heart and pray this is transparent enough that I never have to speak on it again. To my brown men and women, we are like no other. Our power lies within our culture. We are descendants of an endless line of strong and resilient kings and queens. We have been and will continue to win in all that we do simply because of who we are. We deserve to be celebrated, I deserve to be celebrated and I’m just getting started.”

I LOVE her for addressing this in such a classy and articulate way !

This post has been edited by troylovesmusic: Feb 28 2020, 06:35 PM

+Quote Post
troylovesmusic
post Feb 28 2020, 06:53 PM
Post #38
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

Double post

+Quote Post
Jack
post Feb 29 2020, 02:34 PM
Post #39
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 223

Yessss Normani clap back at that screechy little rodent!

She articulated herself so well, Camila is a nasty piece of work.

+Quote Post
Cqmerqn
post Feb 29 2020, 02:43 PM
Post #40
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 23,155

Oooh, well put! Camila is actually hideous.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th July 2020 - 01:25 AM