BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Harry Shearer leaves The Simpsons
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Hadji
post 14th May 2015, 08:53 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,386

With Harry Shearer quitting over contract dispute, it seems a lot of characters ie. Ned Flanders, Principal Skinner, Mr Burns could either leave or be re-cast. If they're on about re-casting the characters, they could get Dan Castellaneta, Hank Azaria and Karl Wiedergott to take over
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
m
post 15th May 2015, 02:05 PM
Post #2
Group icon
I asked for my account to be banned
User: 7,132

This is sad news. He's a very talented voice actor, I didn't really realize that Ned Flanders and Mr. Burns were voiced by the same actor for example. Such differences in their delivery. I do wonder what will happen now, will they really go about re-casting so many characters? Those characters you mentioned are all such great, interesting characters as well, and apparently he voiced even more characters than that. We'll see what happens I guess.

+Quote this post
Umi
post 16th May 2015, 12:34 AM
Post #3
Group icon
All I See br29
User: 14,659

It is about time they just stop. How many characters can the show really lose while still being The Simpsons? Ned and Mr. Burns are iconic characters, more so than anyone else who's been lost.

+Quote this post
m
post 16th May 2015, 12:49 PM
Post #4
Group icon
I asked for my account to be banned
User: 7,132

I heard they're being re-cast. Don't take my word for it though.

+Quote this post
Oliver
post 16th May 2015, 04:58 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
User: 15,367

It would obviously be stupid to go down the "kill off the character" route they went with Mrs Krabbaple, so in my opinion they should think about wrapping it up. It's quality has been poor for years and it feels like they are just making it for the hell of it nowadays. Having to recast so many main characters where anyone who has watched a lot of the show will instantly tell the voice difference just seems like the easy way out.

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 17th May 2015, 12:08 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177

I have only seen about 3 new episodes in the past 10 years and haven't really missed it. I used to love watching the new series on Sky but when my parents told me they were getting rid of Sky in 2005, the show was on such a downward spiral that I was barely bothered at all. I have the first 14 series on DVD and have no urge to purchase any more given that the quality is lagging already by then. I do think with someone like Harry Shearer leaving it certainly looks like the right time to end it but of course people are still watching and it will keep going until it becomes unprofitable which is highly unlikely to happen any time soon.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 06:08 PM