BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 'Macbeth' | OCT '15, Fassbender's Oscar moment?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post Jun 6 2015, 04:31 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
Really excited for this. Another one of those films that seems like it's been in production for ages, but is finally getting released. I absolutely adore Fassbender. Easily one of my favourite actors and his name would sell this to me anyway, but I always had a soft spot for Macbeth when studying it in English. So hopefully this will be grand!

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
jark
post Sep 1 2015, 06:24 PM
Post #2
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990
If the trailer is any indicator this is going to be absolutely phenomenal.

AMAZING.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Sep 1 2015, 08:03 PM
Post #3
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
Could someone, kindly merge please? biggrin.gif http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?s...&hl=Macbeth

Also, some more comments please as this does look insanely good <3

+Quote this post
post Sep 1 2015, 09:59 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
Screening for this is the 17th of September and I really cannot wait. The two lead are amazing and of course Macbeth is within my top 5 favourite Shakespeare plays.

+Quote this post
Botchia
post Sep 1 2015, 10:15 PM
Post #5
Group icon
I Drink Wine
User: 21,753
Looks incredible! ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Oct 3 2015, 07:03 PM
Post #6
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
Shocked at how true this was to the play, wasn't really expecting it to feel so authentic, was a great idea to stick to the actual Shakespearean script. Was looking forward to Birnam Wood actually moving to Dunsinane Hill but they didn't really show that which was a shame, I also wanted to see Lady Macbeth being a bit more insane before killing herself.

Both leads were really good, would not be shocked it all if Fassbender got an Oscar nomination for it. Enjoyed this all and all but my Dad looked a bit lost having not read the play, not one for a casual movie goer I think.

+Quote this post
post Oct 3 2015, 07:58 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
I love Marion's Lady Macbeth just as much. Her 'madness' was filled with a certain sorrow which I think made it a more poignant and effecting version of the character. They worked really well together though. And I love the way the witches were done - simple but spooky and effective.

The soundtrack and the red tints in the sky were nice touches too.

+Quote this post
Insomnio
post Apr 25 2016, 10:47 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,742
The new film version of "Macbeth" was displayed in my country's cinemas during last October. It is based on the homonymous play by senior author, William Shakespeare, and it was nominated for the Palm d’Or at the 2015 Cannes Film Festival! "Macbeth" was discussed quite a lot of by the movie sites because of the involvement of the two protagonists. Michael Fassbender and Marion Cotillard are undoubtedly two of the most acclaimed actors of their generation!
To be honest, I knew that "Macbeth" had the signature of the maximum English poet and writer, William Shakespeare, but I did not know the exact content of its story. So, the film adaptation was a good opportunity to enrich my knowledge. "Macbeth" evolves in Scotland in the early 17th century and has to do with ambition and greed that someone can have for power. The central character of the story is Scottish general Macbeth, who in collaboration with his wife, assassinates the King of Scotland so he climbs to the throne. However, his passion for power will lead him to other killings during his rule. "Macbeth" was a pretty good movie in general terms. It had great directing, atmospheric photography and loud sound effects. Australian Justin Kurzel did a great job in the military scenes and created a unique red scene towards the end of the film. The interpretations of the actors were good and Fassbender was convincing in the title role. Despite this, I consider that the second part of the film was more bearable than the first part. The very dark and depressive shots and the lyricism of speech were very tedious especially in the beginning of the film. This happened because the writers faithfully followed the text of Shakespeare, although it should have been taken into consideration that the film audience is quite different from theatergoers. I would prefer to see pedestrians dialogues so as not to think every time what lies behind the speeches of the main characters of the story. Moreover, the basic meaning of Macbeth is always topical and timeless and they did not need to use this form of dialogue to make sense.
"Macbeth" is one of the remarkable productions of last year! It received great reviews worldwide and it had a warm reaction at Cannes Film Festival, although it did not win any of the awards. However, its earnings were disappointing and it seemed to only excite the British public, which of course was expected. I imagine that large portion of the cinema audience has already watched previous versions of "Macbeth" -whether in the cinema or theater- or simply not moved by such stories. Personally, however, I found it quite good, although it could have avoided poetry in the script. Do not see this film at the end of a work day.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Oct 4 2016, 11:03 PM
Post #9
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
I didn't really enjoy this at all sad.gif Currently studying this in English (and enjoying it) but I just found this adaptation really boring and just kept going on. There was about 5 minutes where it looked like it was going to pick up but it never happened and the start and end we're both woefully bad and boring. Really disappointed sad.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:15 PM