BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> twenty one pilots |-/ results, ─ who's won ─
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
mdh
post Oct 25 2016, 12:22 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,776
twenty one pilots rate ─ results showcase
──────────────────────────────

────────────────────────────

────────────────────────────

>> feel free to hype accordingly and predict what's going to win. <<

<< thank you to the 12 |-/ clique members that rated the songs. >>

>> results have been fully verified ··· but if need be, correct me. <<

<< let us begin the reveal ··· may your favourite be triumphant!. >>

EVERY SONG'S AVERAGE = >7.666666667.

This post has been edited by twentyonemdh: Oct 25 2016, 12:23 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Oct 25 2016, 12:51 PM
Post #2
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
Yay. Excited. 'Gubs For Hands' to finish high please! Also, 'Kitchen Sink' to also be a pleasant surprise smash!

+Quote this post
mdh
post Oct 25 2016, 01:14 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
53/53

twenty one pilots rate results
─────────────────────
SONG : oh ms believer
ALBUM : twenty one pilots
AVERAGE : 7.666666667

oh dear. one of my favourite tracks by them comes in in last place ─ completely harsh if you ask me and i'm pretty surprised by it to be honest. this is an incredibly beautiful track and the basic-ness of it makes it even better for me. i'm honestly disgraced by the fact this is last ─ it come very close to getting an 11 from me because it is oh so blissful and provokes so much emotion for me.

@ everyone else, please do comment why this didn't get a high score because it is beautiful. anyway, this comes from their self-titled first album which sadly does contain a lot of the lowest ranking songs ─ but imho this is the best from their self-titled. damn it! let's just hope the rest of the countdown isn't as awful as this in terms of results! <__<

eleven : 00/12
voters : 09/12

+Quote this post
mdh
post Oct 25 2016, 01:15 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
also please comment on the design of the results, it's a bit rushed but i hope it's good enough

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Oct 25 2016, 01:23 PM
Post #5
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
SKELETON CLIQUE ASSEMBLE

+Quote this post
mdh
post Oct 25 2016, 01:27 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(24k Cody @ Oct 25 2016, 02:23 PM) *
SKELETON CLIQUE ASSEMBLE

// a s s e m b l e //

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Oct 25 2016, 05:42 PM
Post #7
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
User: 5,042
The presentation is stunning!! In all honesty, that one is one I can't remember off the top of my head! So perhaps it's deserving of its last placing.

+Quote this post
mdh
post Oct 26 2016, 08:44 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
52/53

─────────────────────
SONG : clear
ALBUM : regional at best
AVERAGE : 7.75

so coming in in second to last is 'clear', this is a really heavy top song - to be honest it's not one that too my liking because his vocals seem a bit overshadowed by the backing which is a tad TOO futuristic for me in places. i still like the rap after the breakdown - it'd be one i'd be more likely to enjoy live than the studio version.

i kind of understand why it's second to last ─ it's missing the innocence of twenty one pilots that we all love, and although i really do enjoy it like i do with all their other tracks it's far from their best. the lowest track out of everything from regional at best, as well, may i add.

+Quote this post
mdh
post Oct 27 2016, 09:15 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
51/53

─────────────────────
SONG : trapdoor
AVERAGE : 7.888888889

here at #51 we see trapdoor, another song which, you guessed it, is an absolute favourite of mine. hmph. not impressed. the haunting and incredible as usual vocals from tyler combine with the orchestra we see so ever-present in the older top music to make a spine-tingle-inducing anthem. i can really relate to this song, there're multiple interpretations of what he means by the lyrics and this versatility is one of the reasons i gave this a ten.

i can kind of understand again why people wouldn't have the same emotional connection to this as they would with, say, some newer top songs as the instant connection isn't there and it has less of an indie vibe to it and more of an independent music feel, if you get me. anyway, this comes in third last, still with a fab average, mind.

+Quote this post
mdh
post Oct 29 2016, 03:44 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
50/53

─────────────────────
SONG : friend, please
AVERAGE : 7.8888889

coming in in the prestigious, okay not really, fourth last place is 'friend, please' ─ another track from their self-titled debut album. the psychedelic beginning of the song gives me pet shop vibes for some reason - it's haunting and enchanting. tyler's vocals on this are so rich and mature, i prefer his vocals like this than the vocals we heard in 'blurryface'. there's a lot more emotion in his voice which is more suitably emotive for the story-telling style the band base their songs around.

this track gets one eleven from jacob ─ thankyou! i gave this an eight but this would definitely get a ten from me if we were doing the rate again now, oops. my 10 would have put it up to 45, so either way it wouldn't have exactly had a record-breaking finish. three out of four songs so far have been from their selftitled, by the way : ( luckily the next one isn't ¦cryptic¦)

eleven : 01/12

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Oct 29 2016, 03:57 PM
Post #11
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
User: 20,835
Not suprising results so far also loving the design btw wub.gif

+Quote this post
Linds.
post Oct 29 2016, 04:35 PM
Post #12
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176
I'm guessing all the RAB/Self-Titled tracks will get chucked out first, well the ones that arent on Vessel, they said that anything pre-Vessel are pretty much demos and the ones that are on Vessel are the finished versions laugh.gif

+Quote this post
mdh
post Nov 1 2016, 09:15 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
49/53

─────────────────────
SONG : truce
ALBUM : vessel
AVERAGE : 7.916666667

there's so much emotion in this song. for a start, the sad piano backing (played by tyler himself in the video although i think it was probably josh in real life aha) sets a sad, dark scene for the listener. the emotional (as always from tyler) evoke insane amount of emotions and you can't deny the heart-felt feel to this track. however i do feel as though this track lacks the meaning and relatability of most top songs - and there's no real sing along effect. i feel as though this song is just simply meant to be stripped back, with tyler spilling his emotions out.

i suppose where as most other top songs show fight in him, and a willingness to go on ─ he's genuinely given up in this one. it's a nice tune but i can understand where you guys have not found the love in this song as you have with others.

voters : 12/12

+Quote this post
mdh
post Nov 12 2016, 10:02 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
48/53

─────────────────────
SONG : before you start your day
AVERAGE :8.055555556

here we have at #48 'before you start your day' ─ to be totally honest this is far from a highlight from me. it's really emotional and i suppose it is enjoyable once in a while although i find it only a tad boring. i think it was the case for a lot of people with this track and many seemed to 'like, but not love' it, which is understandable.

we're seeing a large number of self-titled album tracks leave, and this one kind of deservedly leaves as it lacks the oomph of twenty one pilots we've become accustomed to, unless however you love this kind of stripped back, slow, gradually building up music. hopefully this isn't extinct in terms of them, though, it does showcase their seemingly never ending variety of music they can create to a high standard.

+Quote this post
Linds.
post Nov 12 2016, 10:27 PM
Post #15
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176
srs hurry up i love the presentation and the fact you've gone to the effort and i dont wanna be rude but pleaseeeee drama.gif drama.gif

+Quote this post
mdh
post Nov 12 2016, 10:43 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
47/53

─────────────────────
SONG : johnny boy
AVERAGE : 8.0555555556

ahhh i love this one, the riveting, upbeat vocals of tyler make this one of the highlights of the entire self titled album for me to be honest! the keyboard backing of this is so innocent and for some reason brings back childhood memories :,) even if not intentional this does a great job in motivating me. when the drums kick in in the pre chorus it gives me shivers every time and.... the chorus is TOTALLY worth the wait!

those lyrics are so catchy and repeatable and i'm surprised to see this so low as it's such a shameless feel-good number that is so so needed to contrast the negativity of some other tracks on this record! the ever present keyboard just sooo makes it for me tho, and the shouty vocals of tyler also make it that bit more special for me. <3 <3

+Quote this post
mdh
post Nov 12 2016, 10:47 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
46/53

─────────────────────
SONG : mad world
ALBUM : N/A
AVERAGE : 8.1

the start of this is totally different to the actual mad world song which is a vital component of a good cover - that originality that makes the song differ from the original. there's a lovely backing to this and i feel as though it does drown tylers vocals out a tad which is a shame. speaking of tylers vocals, in this i love the simplicity of them and the noise filter that makes it a bit fuzzy - it achieves the intended effect of setting a mysterious vibe to compliment the song.

this song is far far too short and i really wish there was maybe a big second chorus where tyler got emotional, but apart from that little niggle of mine this is a really lovely cover although i can't see it appealing to anyone other than top stans aha :,)

voters : 10/12

+Quote this post
mdh
post Nov 13 2016, 11:08 AM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
45/53

─────────────────────
SONG : jar of hearts
ALBUM : n/a
AVERAGE : 8.1

that's weird. both covers get the same score in terms of average. anyway, this song is pretty good but the autotune is oh so annoying at times - i wish it was just pure vocals because it's not as if tyler can't sing or anything? the buildup in this song is quite special i find, and it just needs something >more< than the monotonous vocals we hear.

after the first chorus i think this really picks up vocally, the autotune sends shivers down my spine, and the song gets more intense and builds up again.... and yep, that second chorus is exactly what i wanted. overall this is a really lovely song and i'd probably say i prefer it to mad world, just. partly because it's the full song length.

voters : 10`/12

+Quote this post
mdh
post Nov 14 2016, 06:17 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
44/53

─────────────────────
SONG : a car, a torch, a death
AVERAGE : 8.111111111

i feel as though the intro to this is one of my favourites by top, i love the limited background noise along with the raw vocals and you really get the emotion conveyed by it. the constant whistling noise in the background is slightly annoying but quite charming i guess, and this is rightfully one of the higher self titled album tracks.

the chorus kind of thing is brilliant, and overall this track is a really lovely emotional number that i keep listening to over and over again, i'm yet to discover what the song actually means, though.

+Quote this post
mdh
post Nov 14 2016, 06:21 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
43/53

─────────────────────
SONG : be concerned (feat. jocef)
ALBUM : regional at best
AVERAGE :

this has a similar sound to oh miss believer in terms of the backing at the start, just a random observation. this clicked with me completely the other day and i am so so in love with it now! this is not from the original album which you can kind of see by the more complex instrumental use. i like the feature of 'jocef' in this - it really adds an interesting other dimension to the song.

the lyrics resonate with me completely, i have to say, so this is so powerful with me right now and i find myself listening to it over and over again - especially when i'm feeling down. it gives me something to relate to and reminds me that i'm not alone in the world. this is why i love twenty one pilots so much wub.gif

voters : 08/12

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:56 PM