BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News
34 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Madame X ● 14th Studio Album
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Liam.k.
post Sep 3 2017, 12:25 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Idol
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

The energy of Portugal is so inspiring. I feel very creative and alive here and I look forward to working on my film LOVED and making New Music!!! ❤️🇵🇹. 🎼🎤🎬🎥. This will be the next Chapter in My Book! 📚📕📚📕📚♥️
It's time to conquer the world from a different vantage point!! 🌏🎉🌈🙏🏻

I'm guessing work on her film will still take priority, but it's still great to hear confirmation that new music is on the cards. I imagine the current world state has got Madonna inspired - totally here for American Life: The Sequel!

What's everyone wanting/expecting from #M14?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Sep 3 2017, 08:47 PM
Post #2
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,007

So excited to hear this news! I really need another album from her soooooon please wub.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Sep 4 2017, 12:19 AM
Post #3
Brown cow, stunning!
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,139

Another American Life is something I would LIVE for, so yes please wub.gif

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Sep 4 2017, 05:50 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Idol

Just speaking freely here as I doubt this would actually happen, but it would be great if we got like an EP or a "mini-album" or whatever at some point next year - a small collection of politically-driven songs with some videos the same standard as her tour interludes and short films to accompany them. I feel like Madonna needs to strike whilst the iron is hot as it's likely to be Spring 2019 at the earliest that she'd actually release a new album and I fear that the themes explored on it may have lost relevancy by this time or at least has been exhausted by other artists.

+Quote Post
vibe
post Sep 5 2017, 07:44 AM
Post #5
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 11,763
   No Gallery Pics

She will celebrate being 60 with some new music and a massive show somewhere i think.

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Sep 5 2017, 01:32 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Idol

Would be great if she did something to commemorate her 60th. I do recall their being a bit of a media buzz at her turning 50 during the Hard Candy era so would be a good opportunity to drop some new music this time around.

+Quote Post
slowdown73
post Sep 8 2017, 09:41 AM
Post #7
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 1,031
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(liamk97 @ Sep 4 2017, 06:50 PM) *
Just speaking freely here as I doubt this would actually happen, but it would be great if we got like an EP or a "mini-album" or whatever at some point next year - a small collection of politically-driven songs with some videos the same standard as her tour interludes and short films to accompany them. I feel like Madonna needs to strike whilst the iron is hot as it's likely to be Spring 2019 at the earliest that she'd actually release a new album and I fear that the themes explored on it may have lost relevancy by this time or at least has been exhausted by other artists.

I think gone are the days when Madonna will release something new and inventive. She used to set the trends but now appears to just follow them. I wish she'd go back more to her roots and release something which reflects her age and maturity rather than working with some of these new producers like Diplo and the end result is something which sounds crap.

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Sep 8 2017, 12:34 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Idol

I don't have a problem necessarily with her working with people like Diplo as Madonna's always made music to get people on the dancefloor, I just want the music to be fresh and exciting and something that feels unique to Madonna.

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Sep 18 2017, 03:25 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Idol

Taken from her interview with Entertainment Weekly:

You worked with some notable fresh talent on Rebel Heart, like rising hitmaker MNEK and a pre-Coloring Book Chance the Rapper. Who has your ear right now?
Well, as you know I moved to Lisbon, and I’ve been listening to a lot of music here, like fado, which is the music of Portugal. There’s such a cultural mix of people and music here. You could go out every night and hear different kinds of music. There’s a great jazz scene here. So right now I’m listening to a lot of local artists I’ve never heard of before, and that’s been really inspiring.

Definitely feels like we're going to see Madonna be a bit more innovative than she's been in recent years with this upcoming album; her move to Portugal seems to have brought on a new chapter in her life and she seems refreshed with lots of new ideas.

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Sep 18 2017, 03:26 PM
Post #10

Sounds promising! She did the cultural shift brilliantly with Ray of Light so i'm excited for what this could potentially have in store biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Sep 18 2017, 03:32 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Idol

Yes it's giving me ROL vibes too! That might be a bit too ambitious of an end goal, but it's got similar foundations i.e. taking something that's not mainstream and giving it the pop treatment whilst still being interesting and emotional. Gah I just need new music!

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Sep 23 2017, 11:42 AM
Post #12
BuzzJack Idol

From DrownedMadonna:

Madonna talks about the songs on her Next Album

Talking about the songs on her next album, Madonna says that we can expect political criticism.

Political criticism will be part of her next album, but Madonna specifies that she won’t necessarily talk about Donald Trump. “I already expressed my point of view on him,” says Madonna to Brazilian magazine Veja. Also because she doesn’t “know who will be the President when my album comes out.”

Her new songs will also be a political critic, but “not particularly about a person”.

“World leaders are sinking society into insensitive and conservative thoughts,” adds Madonna. “With the economy collapsing, people think that it is better to elect successful entrepreneurs to run a government. But that’s not how things work. Being the leader of a nation requires diplomacy, experience, and intellectual ability. It’s a colossal job, but more and more unqualified people are elected for that role.”

“On my songs I want to talk about how we got to this point,” Madonna says. “We can not continue to blame our leaders, we have to blame ourselves. We need to get involved and ask for the changes that we want.”

Veja: After thirty years of career, aren’t you tired of rebellion?

“No, no, no. I’m not tired. I feel even more energetic. Stronger to fight for what I believe. I’m a rebel and I’ll be rebellious till the end.”

Madonna adds that the cultural and musical scene in Portugal will be a big inspiration.

Talking about American Life album, Madonna says that “society does not feel comfortable with a woman, especially a pop singer, talking about politics.”

When American Life came out, “people were especially irritated because I criticized the United States – the lifestyle, the American dream, the belief system, government, politics,” adds Madonna. “Americans do not want to hear criticism. They want to think that they live in a country where there is justice and equality, an example of democracy and freedom. We know that none of this is true, especially today.”

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Dec 8 2017, 11:17 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Idol

"When are you going back on tour?"

"Soon...2017 was soccor mom and Portugal; 2018 I'm coming back, I'm coming for you!"

YAAAASSSS!

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Dec 11 2017, 07:34 PM
Post #14

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Definitely going to see her live again <3

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Dec 11 2017, 09:05 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Idol

I wasn't expecting her to be touring so soon, assuming a tour does go ahead next year, but I'll definitely be seeing her, no matter the cost. You went to the Rebel Heart Tour didn't you, Bal?

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Dec 12 2017, 01:12 AM
Post #16
Break the tension
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

It'd be nice if we did get it within the next year!

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Dec 12 2017, 09:20 PM
Post #17

QUOTE(liamk97 @ Dec 11 2017, 09:05 PM) *
I wasn't expecting her to be touring so soon, assuming a tour does go ahead next year, but I'll definitely be seeing her, no matter the cost. You went to the Rebel Heart Tour didn't you, Bal?

I did! I had my whole "losing ticket on the way" fiasco sad.gif will never, ever forget it lmao. This one will be DRAMA FREE I PROMISE x

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Dec 15 2017, 06:55 AM
Post #18
BuzzJack Idol

Oh yes that's right! Oh God I definitely hope there's no repeat of that!

I'm so excited at the prospect of her going on tour next year; I was expecting it to be a while away yet. Could possibly be to mark her 60th birthday? Sort of like a 'greatest hits' tour but with something a bit different to make it more exciting for Madonna herself. Perhaps more of a focus on the 'forgotten gems' if some of the song choices from the Rebel Heart Tour are anything to go by and perhaps with new music premiering too.

+Quote Post
vibe
post Dec 15 2017, 06:41 PM
Post #19
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 11,763
   No Gallery Pics

I must start saving

+Quote Post
dandy*
post Dec 16 2017, 10:14 PM
Post #20
Mansonette
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

Oh thank god. From the home page you just get "Madonna confirms work on new m..." and I feared it was another movie.

+Quote Post

34 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:12 AM