BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Pitch Battle 17th
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
truly talented
post May 8 2017, 06:49 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 140
http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/08/will-young-a...g-show-6621894/

Will Young and Kelis to head up star-studded judging panel for new BBC singing show
(Picture: BBC)
Will Young, Seal and Chaka Khan are among the singing stars who will join forces with Kelis and Gareth Malone in a bid to choose the next big music group.

Helen Skelton reveals French firemen helped deliver her baby – although they had no clue what to do
New BBC show Pitch Battle will be hosted by former Great British Bake Off star Mel Giedroyc and will see Kelis and Gareth being joined by a different guest judge every week to choose which group will progress to the next stage.
US stars Joe Jonas and Bebe Rexha are also among those lending their judging talents to the show.
Will Young and Kelis to head up star-studded judging panel for new BBC singing show
Mel Giedroyc is on hosting duties (Picture: Getty Images)
Every week, singing groups from across the UK will face off in a series of choral challenges including Pitch Perfect style riff offs, a soloist challenge, and even a gruelling A capella round.
Gareth said: ‘I’m thrilled and excited to be part of this fantastic new show. There’s a wealth of singing talent in this country and I’m delighted to bring that to BBC One. To me this is about finding extraordinary groups who have the skill and personality to light up our screens.’
Kelis added: ‘It’s kind of nice when things come full circle. I started singing in the choir as a child so it’s always been something special to me. Now here I am 20 years later as a judge on Pitch Battle.’
As for Mel, it’s a welcome opportunity to reunite with Gareth.

She said: ‘I am so excited to be presenting this new show and PB will definitely be bringing some cracking music into people’s living rooms every Saturday!
‘Not only are we going to be joined by some brilliant groups and megastar judges each week but to top it all off my old mucker the original twisted choir starter Gareth Malone will be there too.’
The six part series will debut this summer on BBC One – we can’t wait to see the next One Direction forming before our very eyes.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/08/will-young-a.../#ixzz4gT5mntmH

This post has been edited by truly talented: Jun 15 2017, 06:00 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
truly talented
post May 8 2017, 07:04 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Great to see Will is still welcome at the BBC. biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
TheSnake
post May 8 2017, 08:28 AM
Post #3
Group icon
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
User: 23,308
Helen Skelton reveals French firemen helped deliver her baby – although they had no clue what to do

What has this got to do with the show? unsure.gif

+Quote this post
truly talented
post Jun 12 2017, 03:40 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Format of the show.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-06-12/...e-actually-work

+Quote this post
truly talented
post Jun 15 2017, 06:02 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Will is the guest judge on the first show and will return to sing with the winning group on the final. yahoo.gif

Episode 1
Pitch Battle, Series 1 Episode 1 of 6

In this opening episode six choirs and vocal groups of all different sizes and musical genres battle it out for a place in the grand final.

The first six groups include a pop choir from Liverpool LMA; an all-female acappella group from the University of Birmingham, The Uptone Girls; a soul group of musicians, Leeds Contemporary Singers; a contemporary choir, Vocally Bespoke; an all-female barbershop group, Vocal Dimension Chorus; and a five-piece gospel group, A Flame.

To progress, the groups must impress the panel of musical judges - the nation's favourite choirmaster Gareth Malone, former choirgirl-turned-international recording artist Kelis, and this week's superstar guest judge, Brit Award winner and former choirboy Will Young.

The programme opens with an epic musical mash-up, arranged by the series musical director Deke Sharon, who is the musical director on the Pitch Perfect movies.

Groups then go head to head in a series of knockout choral challenges. First they each perform their showstopper before battling it out with their opponent in a themed riff-off. The judges then decide which group goes through to the solo battles later on.

At the end of the programme only two groups will remain, where they must face the ultimate sing-off - the final battle. Here they share the same song, before superstar guest judge Will Young joins in with the group the judges have chosen to go through to the final.

Will Young will return in the grand final to sing with the show's winning group, who will be one step closer to the £50,000 cash prize.
Show less

+Quote this post
truly talented
post Jun 16 2017, 04:13 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
bbcone The lovely #WillYoung is this week's guest judge on brand new Saturday night singing show, #PitchBattle. Saturday. 7.30pm.

Last glimpses of the blond locks. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
truly talented
post Jun 17 2017, 12:27 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
From an interview with Gareth Malone in today's Sun tv magazine, talking about the guest judges

Will stood out for me, he's really good and has great instincts.

Yes

+Quote this post
truly talented
post Jun 18 2017, 08:38 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
From Digital Spy.

Pitch Battle airs its first episode on BBC One – and viewers brand it "better than X Factor"
What happened to the "a cappella" idea, though?
Pitch Battle week one winners: Leeds Contemporary Singers
BY TASHA HEGARTY
17 JUNE 2017
The BBC aired a brand new music competition tonight (June 17), as Pitch Battle saw six vocal groups and choirs battle against each other in the hopes of impressing judges Gareth Malone, Kelis and Will Young.

Leeds Contemporary Singers won this week's show and will be heading straight into the live final – and they even got to sing with Will himself, which is pretty awesome.

+Quote this post
truly talented
post Jul 22 2017, 02:19 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Tweet from Will from rehearsals for tonight's final.

I've got a cold!! Still very excited for our performance on @BBCPitchBattle with @LCSsingers!

+Quote this post
truly talented
post Jul 23 2017, 07:48 AM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Will was the only judge that didn'make it all about him and allowed his group to shine. Your Game was the perfect song choice and the Leeds Contemporary Singers worthy winners. cheer.gif

+Quote this post
ros
post Jul 25 2017, 05:44 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 14,601
Yes it was great to see Will on this show both in the first heat and singing with the winning choir in the final whom he'd championed. The choice of Your Game / Love To Love You Baby was ideal too. They were clearly thrilled with his enthusiasm and ideas, I bet he loved being involved.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:20 AM