BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 'Sicario' | Oct '15, Emily Blunt, Benicio Del Toro & Josh Brolin
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post Sep 1 2015, 10:36 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
Released in October is a film which is certain to become one of the best thrillers of the year, 'Sicario'. Directed by Denis Villeneuve, who pleasantly surprised not only myself, but a LOT of other people with his last effort 'Prisoners' (Hugh Jackman, Jake Gyllenhaal), this is sure to be one to look out for!

Really cannot wait for this!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Sep 1 2015, 10:41 PM
Post #2
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
Prisoners was utterly fantastic and easily one of my favourites of 2013 so really excited for this heart.gif Also helps that Emily Blunt is amazing wub.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Oct 1 2015, 10:27 PM
Post #3
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
So excited for this now, the reviews are absolutely fantastic!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Oct 1 2015, 11:20 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Yeah! It's been getting unstoppable reviews. wub.gif Hopefully it delivers!

+Quote this post
post Oct 2 2015, 12:29 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
Prisoners was amazing to me. I'm hoping to see this this weekend.

I find Emily Blunt enormously watchable. She was the best thing about Into The Woods for me and I loved her in The Edge of Tomorrow - she really suits the actions roles as see seems so effortless in giving charisma to her characters beyond the general chaos of the movies themselves.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Oct 11 2015, 08:51 PM
Post #6
Group icon
I saw this the other night and I enjoyed it a lot, however I did think it was slightly overrated by the critics (all those giving it 5 stars). It was definitely a solid effort and another very good film by Denis Villeneuve either way. Emily Blunt was great and I think she did amazingly well to carry this sort of film! She should stick to the gritty thriller/action type movies! She stole the show in 'Edge Of Tomorrow' & was a great addition to 'Looper'.

But all in all a very good film (definitely worth watching), just not "quite" up to the hype, but it's justifiable and I can see why some people would love it.

+Quote this post
post Oct 12 2015, 02:00 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
I was very disappointing by this. Not only do I love the director and Emily Blunt, but it's also had amazing critical praise so far so I had high hopes.

I found the film over-complicated for the sake of it, but when you stripped away the pretentious layers, it was a very simple story that didn't need such complex narrative techniques. One minute I'd feel tense, the next minute I'd be wondering what there was to be tense about, because nothing actually happened. I felt it kept going round in circles with no real payoff, despite an amazingly promising opening to the film.

Emily Blunt's character felt really under-written, and despite the fact she acted very well, there was nothing there for the audience to really grasp onto her character. She offered nothing to the narrative and was ultimately superfluous. If you took her out of the film, the story would have been the same.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Oct 19 2015, 03:00 PM
Post #8
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
Not my type of movie at all but it was fantastic for what it was, the openig scene of the people in the wall was tension like I'd never felt before in a movie and it got even better when Del Toro sat down at the table with the family and the conversation progressed.

Extra props for having Spanish in it so I haven't completely done no preparation for my test on Wednesday.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:52 PM