BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> ARTPOP ● THE RATE RESULTS
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Sour Candy
post 9th May 2021, 08:55 AM
Post #41
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 10,275

The iTunes festival performance of Swine is indeed great!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 9th May 2021, 02:47 PM
Post #42
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

Concurring with the others that think Swine is just noise. Such a comedown after it seemed so promising from the live performance, it just ended up being so generic (in a dance music way) and the screaming of SWIIIINNNNNEEEEEE is almost unbearable.

+Quote this post
Adelita
post 9th May 2021, 03:03 PM
Post #43
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 82,234

The electronic progression in the pre-chorus doesn’t match the chorus at all, this is clearly just noise, I don’t know what she had in mind thinking it was minimally commercial to put on her album.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 9th May 2021, 04:33 PM
Post #44
Group icon
User: 13,007

I feel on top of the world in my fashion

| 12 // Fashion! // 6.17

Next out it's the song that addresses the confidence one feels when dressing up and was produced by Gaga, Giorgio Tuinfort, will.i.am, and David Guetta. Gaga's fashion leaves her feeling on top of the world and unstoppable, all while looking fabulous. Gaga performed the song with RuPaul on Lady Gaga & the Muppets' Holiday Spectacular and it featured briefly on some dates during the artRAVE tour.

Here is what Gaga said about the song: I wrote this song with will.i.am. This is the first song we ever did together. We've been trying to kind of work together for a few years but we're both very picky and I just wasn't ready. I didn't find the right song, it wasn't the right thing yet but this was the right song and the right groove, the right track. It just felt really good and we worked on it for a while together and we made it perfect and we really spent a lot of time editing it until it was just right and you know this fully is just a really fun song about being able to get dressed up and feeling like you own the world and I think sometimes people always thought that when I was getting dressed up or, you know, putting on my outfits, or during my live shows, that it was for attention, but I really feel a sense of growth and confidence in myself when I'm able to transform and that's what this is about and I think other people do too, just maybe on a smaller scale than I do.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 9th May 2021, 04:34 PM
Post #45
Group icon

This is my least favourite on the album, so it's actually done far better than it deserves to here for me! Gaga.png I find it quite annoying and nothingy! Not helped by the fact I can rarely abide will.i.am's work either so he certainly hasn't helped matters here.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 9th May 2021, 04:36 PM
Post #46
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

AWFUL. The Fashion without thr exclamation point, which she gave to Heidi then took back, was far better.

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post 9th May 2021, 04:47 PM
Post #47
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

The brown condom dress is the best thing about this song laugh.gif

it's grown on me recently, but I think it's the least memorable song on ARTPOP. And will.i.am should NEVER work with Gaga (or anyone I like for that matter) again.

This post has been edited by Sour Candy: 9th May 2021, 04:47 PM

+Quote this post
Adelita
post 9th May 2021, 05:05 PM
Post #48
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

I like Fashion !, it's much more pleasant than Jewels&Shit, Gypsy, Swine, Aura and ARTPOP.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 9th May 2021, 05:10 PM
Post #49
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

QUOTE(Adelita @ May 9 2021, 05:05 PM) *
I like Fashion !, it's much more pleasant than Jewels&Shit, Gypsy, Swine, Aura and ARTPOP.

On second thought, I should be the SOLE manager. You would destroy her career.

+Quote this post
Adelita
post 9th May 2021, 05:16 PM
Post #50
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(Dill Doe @ May 9 2021, 02:10 PM) *
On second thought, I should be the SOLE manager. You would destroy her career.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 9th May 2021, 08:26 PM
Post #51
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

Largely accurate results so far, not shedding a tear over any of those four.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 10th May 2021, 07:48 PM
Post #52
Group icon

QUOTE(Sour Candy @ May 9 2021, 05:47 PM) *
The brown condom dress is the best thing about this song laugh.gif

don't rotf.gif I can't actually watch the performance all the way through tearsmile.gif

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 10th May 2021, 07:56 PM
Post #53
Group icon

Been hurting low, from living high for so long

| 11 // Dope // 6.64

Just missing out on a top 10 spot, it's the slowest, most stripped back song on the album. For that reason it stands out as being the only real ballad to feature on an otherwise loud and brash experience. Released as the album's second promotional single, it managed to peak in the top 10 in the US. Following her hip surgery and cancellation of the Born This Way Ball tour, Gaga became addicted to drugs, as a means to find relief from the pain of surgery and cope with her cancelled tour. The song is written about this addiction. Gaga's vocals are purposefully slurred throughout - she appears intoxicated even while singing it and it is all layered on top of a simple, minimal production. The result is a hugely divisive number about pain, addiction, loss and hopelessness.

Here is what Gaga said about the song: So, then you sort of get to the sad, end part of that story; which is that I became really addicted to marijuana. I know that sounds kind of crazy, because people think you can’t be addicted to it, but I guess I wanted to, kind of be honest about it because, I think a lot of people think you can’t be, and I started to use it as a coping mechanism for my anxiety and I’d smoke like fifteen to twenty joints a day — just numbing numbing numbing my body, my spirit - everything; and, eventually it makes you even more paranoid and sweaty, and kind of, worse than you were before you started smoking; and, I lived high for like a whole year, doing that — maybe a little longer. And, it was really hard for people around me to see me in kind of a withdrawn state all the time — even if I was creating, and I was happy making music and doing what I did — it was hard for them to talk to me, and y’know I’m usually like, a really articulate person, and I wasn’t so articulate anymore, and I was just kind of — not really *there* all the time. So, I wrote this song as an, “I’m sorry,” to all the people in my life that I really love — is that I’m sorry to my fans, to my boyfriend, to my parents, and I sing at the end, “that I need you more than dope” — and that’s the truth. So, here’s “Dope,” from ARTPOP.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 10th May 2021, 07:59 PM
Post #54
Group icon

This has matured into my favourite song on the album. I never saw it coming in 2013, but I can't listen to the song without feeling an overwhelming sense of heartache. I think once you get used to the slurred vocals and appreciate that it is intentionally meant to sound strained and in pain, it works a lot better. Added onto that the lyrics of pure pain in the face of addiction - what a moment.

11th is far too low for my liking, but then it was ravaged with 00s so it's to be expected. When the song hits you naysayers, it'll do so like a train like it did to me a couple of years ago.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 10th May 2021, 07:59 PM
Post #55
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

'Dope' missing the top 10 *.* I typically love Gaga as a vocalist but her voice is nails on a chalkboard in that song sad.gif 'Fashion!' pretty unremarkable also.

+Quote this post
Adelita
post 11th May 2021, 01:39 AM
Post #56
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

Best song on the album clap.gif

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post 11th May 2021, 05:02 AM
Post #57
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I love Dope, but on the tour it lasted like 25 minutes which was a bit too much as the song lives through its simplicity. It's a much needed oasis on the album.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 11th May 2021, 06:19 AM
Post #58
Group icon

QUOTE(Adelita @ May 11 2021, 02:39 AM) *
Best song on the album clap.gif

We don't agree on everything Gaga related but... I am glad we have this! <3

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 13th May 2021, 05:57 AM
Post #59
Group icon

A MISTAKE HAS BEEN MADE WHILE TALLYING THE RESULTS Gaga.png

The #11 and #10 songs received the exact same average. Gaga.png

However, one song received more 11 scores and so will claim the #10 spot!!!!! Gaga.png

WHAT SONG HAS ACTUALLY MISSED OUT ON A TOP 10 spot? Gaga.png

+Quote this post
One_For_Sorrow
post 13th May 2021, 06:02 AM
Post #60
Group icon
---
User: 17,418

Hopefully Do What U Want (feat. R. Kelly).

+Quote this post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 05:41 AM