BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> Steps
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
gooddelta
post 6th May 2009, 09:54 AM
Post #1
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

Did anyone else see the documentary on BBC Three last night about Claire Richards shedding 6 stone for her wedding? I have to say that I was very impressed with her determination and she looks great now happy.gif I was also very pleased to see that all of the members of Steps are friends again and all attended the wedding, it was nice to see Faye Tozer, looking excellent as ever. I have probably the greatest of respect for Faye who has stayed completely out of the public eye unlike Lee (Upper Street/MTV), H (Big Brother) and Lisa (everything going) by going down the Muiscal Theatre route which I always thought she'd be well suited to

I'm sure at some point the inevitable will happen and the band will get back together, and I was just listening to their Gold album this morning and it reminded me that they did actually have some very strong pop tunes; One For Sorrow, Last Thing On My Mind, Tragedy, Love's Got A Hold On My Heart, Deeper Shade Of Blue and Say You'll Be Mine in particular, not that they've dated particularly well, but they are still good, simple, fun pop, and remind me a lot of my younger years laugh.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
deltaofdreams
post 6th May 2009, 11:00 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 4,407

My sister told me she read somewhere they will do a reunion tour like the Spice Girls did, but didn't know if they would go further? Think it was the Sun, I'd have to check the recycling bag to see.

+Quote this post
Simon.
post 6th May 2009, 11:10 AM
Post #3
Group icon
Sugar Like Apple Pie
User: 126

Love's Got A Hold On My Heart wub.gif will always be my favourite song of theirs

Weird I randomly searched Steps Since You Took Your Love Away on youtube last night wub.gif that song is amazing

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 6th May 2009, 11:29 AM
Post #4
Group icon
Hello?

QUOTE(deltaofdreams @ May 6 2009, 12:00 PM) *
My sister told me she read somewhere they will do a reunion tour like the Spice Girls did, but didn't know if they would go further? Think it was the Sun, I'd have to check the recycling bag to see.

they used to sell out huge arenas with ease, I'm not sure that they would nowadays unsure.gif Their fans of the time are probably in their early-mid 20's now and I don't think that their 'Europop meets Abba' sound would appeal to either of the two sides of today's youthful music fans - the Disney/bubblegum lovers (Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus, Demi Lovato, Jonas Brothers, Taylor Swift) and the urban/rap lovers (US rap, Tinchy, Dizzee, N-Dubz etc...)

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 6th May 2009, 11:34 AM
Post #5
Group icon
Hello?

QUOTE(Simon. @ May 6 2009, 12:10 PM) *
Love's Got A Hold On My Heart wub.gif will always be my favourite song of theirs

Weird I randomly searched Steps Since You Took Your Love Away on youtube last night wub.gif that song is amazing

I wasn't a huge fan of any of their songs at the time but picked up 'Gold' in a charity shop for £1 laugh.gif although they were best known for their Hi-NRG covers - Tragedy, Chain Reaction etc...a lot of their original songs were very strong, unfortunately Stomp was their only other No.1 and the follow up, It's The Way You Make Me Feel was far superior and sold a lot more iirc

+Quote this post
Simon.
post 6th May 2009, 11:46 AM
Post #6
Group icon
Sugar Like Apple Pie

QUOTE(gooddelta @ May 6 2009, 12:34 PM) *
I wasn't a huge fan of any of their songs at the time but picked up 'Gold' in a charity shop for £1 laugh.gif although they were best known for their Hi-NRG covers - Tragedy, Chain Reaction etc...a lot of their original songs were very strong, unfortunately Stomp was their only other No.1 and the follow up, It's The Way You Make Me Feel was far superior and sold a lot more iirc

Have you heard Since You Took Your Love Away ohmy.gif you must youtube it!

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 6th May 2009, 12:02 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Hello?

QUOTE(Simon. @ May 6 2009, 12:46 PM) *
Have you heard Since You Took Your Love Away ohmy.gif you must youtube it!

no, I will do now ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Simon.
post 6th May 2009, 12:16 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Sugar Like Apple Pie

Oof make sure you report back with what you think laugh.gif kink.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 6th May 2009, 12:51 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Hello?

I thought it was alright, nothing amazing, maybe it needs a few more listens heehee.gif

+Quote this post
Thom Spirit Kay
post 6th May 2009, 01:33 PM
Post #10
Group icon
eat hot chip, be homosexual
User: 6,946

I loved loved loved Steps wub.gif

If they do reform and tour, I know I would be first in the queue kink.gif

+Quote this post
Aled.
post 6th May 2009, 04:12 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 4,254

Oh dear LOL. I remember loving Tragedy at the time of it's release. The shame.

+Quote this post
post 6th May 2009, 04:14 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 8,103

They'll probably do a reunion - I loved them!

+Quote this post
Padamic_Tension
post 6th May 2009, 06:14 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

claire done so well losing all the weight i remembe rseeing a pic of her ages back and cudnt believe how much she changed with all the weight on as she was always very fit looking in steps,so huge well done to her shedding 6 stone as it aint easy i hope she can keep it off now...

steps were great in their day you either loved them or hated them but their greatest hits has many a pop gem on for me the best steps single were

stomp
one for sorrow
deeper shade of blue
tragedy
say you'll be mine

they did great covers of tragedy, chain reaction etc but i hated their kylie beter the devil you know cover i hated it with a passion

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 6th May 2009, 06:41 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Hello?

QUOTE(Feel_The_Fever @ May 6 2009, 07:14 PM) *
claire done so well losing all the weight i remembe rseeing a pic of her ages back and cudnt believe how much she changed with all the weight on as she was always very fit looking in steps,so huge well done to her shedding 6 stone as it aint easy i hope she can keep it off now...

steps were great in their day you either loved them or hated them but their greatest hits has many a pop gem on for me the best steps single were

stomp
one for sorrow
deeper shade of blue
tragedy
say you'll be mine

they did great covers of tragedy, chain reaction etc but i hated their kylie beter the devil you know cover i hated it with a passion

it was a bit soulless sad.gif lucky the other song was a much better a-side

I know I'm probably the only person in the world who feels like this but I always thought that Heartbeat was a much nicer song than Tragedy heehee.gif

+Quote this post
Padamic_Tension
post 6th May 2009, 06:44 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

i liked heartbeat but rarely listened to it, it was kinda wasted as a double a as tragedy so over shadowed it

+Quote this post
Jester
post 6th May 2009, 06:51 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Right in front of my salad?!
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12

Hahah, I love Steps! For me their best tracks are:

Summer of Love (probably the best Steps track, and love that GAP like video)
It's The Way You Make Me Feel (classy pop song, much better than their number 1s)
You'll Be Sorry (great dance song, very under-rated)
One For Sorrow (so great after their first 2 singles)
Say You'll Be Mine (really catchy for an understated song!)

I was to embarassed at the time to like them sad.gif

+Quote this post
thisispop
post 6th May 2009, 06:58 PM
Post #17
Group icon
I've got an iPod classic and I'm gonna use it!
User: 72

QUOTE(gooddelta @ May 6 2009, 07:41 PM) *
it was a bit soulless sad.gif lucky the other song was a much better a-side

I know I'm probably the only person in the world who feels like this but I always thought that Heartbeat was a much nicer song than Tragedy heehee.gif

I agree Heartbeat was a great song ruined by that tacky Xmas video filmed in front of the blue/green screen.

I watched the documentary as well, and thought Claire came across very well.

As for a comeback, I reckon I and several other Buzzjack members can think of a song for them to cover that would put them back to #1 in the charts with a more updated 2009 electro pop sound ......

heehee.gif

+Quote this post
Lee_his_cheeks
post 6th May 2009, 09:25 PM
Post #18
Group icon
Bum-bum-be-dum-bum-bum-be-dum-bum
User: 3,796

Loved them back in the days...! Now they are a good (secret wink.gif ) youth memory for me. And though it would be nice to see them back together, a comeback isn't a good idea imo.

+Quote this post
Regina
post 6th May 2009, 09:49 PM
Post #19
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

i saw the doc. she always looked fab, my fave member

+Quote this post
Thom Spirit Kay
post 6th May 2009, 10:35 PM
Post #20
Group icon
eat hot chip, be homosexual
User: 6,946

Deeper Shade Of Blue was their best song for me. In fact, I would say one of the best 10 songs of the 90s. No joke.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 3rd June 2024, 11:49 PM