BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Bohemian Rhapsody, Rami Malek
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
J❄️hq
post 18th July 2018, 10:56 PM
Post #1
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
Pronouns: he/him
User: 8,674

This looks very good and Rami Malek is surely a good bet for a Best Actor nod. Ben Hardy playing Roger Taylor too *.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 19th July 2018, 05:53 AM
Post #2
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045

Rami Malek is someone I would not have pegged to play Freddie Mercury but it works so well *.*

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 6th September 2018, 03:04 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661

The soundtrack was revealed yesterday. It's set to be released on 19th October with the film premiering on the 23rd.

1. 20th Century Fox Fanfare
2. Somebody To Love
3. Doing All Right (Revisited) [performed by Smile]
4. Keep Yourself Alive (Live at The Rainbow)
5. Killer Queen
6. Fat Bottomed Girls (Live in Paris)
7. Bohemian Rhapsody
8. Now I'm Here (Live at Hammersmith Odeon)
9. Crazy Little Thing Called Love
10. Love Of My Life (Rock In Rio)
11. We Will Rock You (Movie Mix)
12. Another One Bites The Dust
13. I Want To Break Free
14. Under Pressure [performed by Queen & David Bowie]
15. Who Wants To Live Forever
16. Bohemian Rhapsody (Live Aid)
17. Radio Ga Ga (Live Aid)
18. Ay-Oh (Live Aid)
19. Hammer To Fall (Live Aid)
20. We Are The Champions (Live Aid)
21. Don't Stop Me Now (Revisited)
22. The Show Must Go On

Is Rami Malek actually going to be singing on the soundtrack at all or will he just be miming to Freddie's vocals throughout? Either way, I can't see this being anywhere near as big as the other musical hits this year.

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 7th September 2018, 12:42 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666

Don't underestimate the power of Freddie and Queens tbh.

+Quote this post
PaulM1983
post 7th September 2018, 10:36 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 6,471

QUOTE(Theo. @ Sep 6 2018, 04:04 PM) *
Is Rami Malek actually going to be singing on the soundtrack at all or will he just be miming to Freddie's vocals throughout? Either way, I can't see this being anywhere near as big as the other musical hits this year.

He talked in interviews about singing and recording tracks, so I assume it'll be him on the non-live tracks on the soundtrack, and I wouldn't be surprised if they slightly alter his voice in the studio to make him sound more like Freddie.

I'd imagine the live tracks will be Freddie.

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post 7th September 2018, 09:50 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043

Can't bloody wait for this!

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 31st October 2018, 01:13 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

Went to see this tonight! Fantastic film. A rollercoaster of emotions and captivating performances as we're taken on a journey from the band's origins to perhaps their most pinnacle performance at Live Aid in 1985. I trust there was probably some creative licence but everything that was shown felt authentic and true. You saw the highs and the lows and the soundtrack was pitch perfect in supporting the story. Rami Malek as Freddie absolutely nails his flamboyance, passion, humour and rapport. Seeing the birth of the song 'Bohemian Rhapsody' is fascinating and seeing the full 20 minute recreation of the Live Aid performance is just breathtaking and feels like you are there in that moment watching it as it unfolded.

There was an Elton John biopic teased in the adverts which seems like it could be one to watch too!

+Quote this post
Leonagwen
post 1st November 2018, 06:50 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 21,797

One problem I had with the movie is that they were in 1980 and Freddie had a mustache and it showed them creating the We Will Rock You song. We Will Rock you came out in 1978 before Freddie got a mustache, so the timing was off on this. Otherwise the rest of the movie was good.

+Quote this post
Maz!
post 5th November 2018, 05:52 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 20,217

Absolutely enjoyed this movie. The potrayal from Rami as Freddie was spot on! The scene at Live Aid was fantasticly filmed.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 8th November 2018, 08:08 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

Very good film 8/10. The chronology was mucked about a bit in order to fit the dramatic structure, but it was genuinely touching and the cast were amazing. I completely failed to recognise Mike Myers! I left feeling "I can't believe Freddie has been gone for 27 years" when Queen were such a part of my life and pop culture age 16 through to my early 30's, and have become more huge than they were at the time - they were popular, but never cool, except perhaps in 1974/5 when they were sort of part of the tail-end of the Glam Rock/Art Rock period and when I loved them the most.

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post 8th November 2018, 08:29 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
User: 10,455

I really enjoyed the film a whole lot more than I expected to. It does follow the typical template of a band biopic, but it was a whole lot better than that, Malik was fantastic as Freddie, at many points I forgot it was actually an actor playing him, and the casting of the rest of Queen was spot on (my mum actually thought that it really was Brian May playing himself). They did tone down quite a lot of Freddie's more debauch antics to get the 12A rating, and there were some parts of his history that I would of loved for them to put on screen but I understand why they didn't (the two that come to mind were the time that he went to a recording session with Michael Jackson but left because Jackson brought a llama into a studio, and the time that he and Princess Diana went to a gay bar in disguise).

That Mike Myers cameo was brilliant, it wasn't until halfway through the scene that I realised it was him, and I quite liked the cheeky Wayne's World reference. I was also surprised that my older brother didn't know who Kenny Everett was when he was on screen (I've loved Kenny Everett from a young age when I saw a retrospective of him as a child just after his passing; I'm surprised more people of my age aren't familiar with him).

+Quote this post
natelivliv
post 4th January 2019, 07:26 PM
Post #12
Group icon
New Entry
User: 81,401

for the one who dont know: Bohemian Rhapsody is a foot-stomping celebration of Queen, their music and their extraordinary lead singer Freddie Mercury. Freddie defied stereotypes and shattered convention to become one of the most beloved entertainers on the planet. The film traces the meteoric rise of the band through their iconic songs and revolutionary sound. Freddie manages to reunite with his bandmates just in time for Live Aid and he leads the band in one of the greatest performances in the history of rock music.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 5th March 2019, 03:26 PM
Post #13
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

I think this will be the film that will topple A Star Is Born off the #1 spot in the DVD Chart. Still in the Top15 in The Official UK Box Chart, 19 weeks after it was first released.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 08:01 PM