BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Catfish & the Bottlemen - The Ride, Second album - Out May 27th
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Jake.
post May 26 2016, 06:35 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Regular
Group: Validating
Member No.: 21,580
   No Gallery Pics

Was very surprised a thread hadn't been created for this... Thought I'd do one anyway.

Tracklist:
1 - 7
2 - Twice
3 - Soundcheck
4 - Postpone
5 - Anything
6 - Glasgow
7 - Oxygen
8 - Emily
9 - Red
10 - Heathrow
11 - Outside

Didn't think too much to their debut (it was alright, nothing too special), and this seems to be more of the same. Seems to be getting slightly better reviews though...

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Steve201
post May 26 2016, 10:15 PM
Post #2
Shakin Stevens
Group: Members
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

Yeh surprised there's no thread, I'm liking it better than the first album but 7 isn't as good as Soundcheck! Think il purchase Flume instead tomorrow though.

+Quote Post
Jake.
post May 27 2016, 08:39 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Regular
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Steve201 @ May 26 2016, 11:15 PM) *
Yeh surprised there's no thread, I'm liking it better than the first album but 7 isn't as good as Soundcheck! Think il purchase Flume instead tomorrow though.

It's slightly better than 'The Balcony' as a whole, but I can't blame you for that as the new Flume album is even better than I expected.

The new Beth Orton and Death In Vegas albums are what I plan on purchasing as they both sound like the best material either act has put out in over 15 years.

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Jul 20 2016, 04:44 PM
Post #4
you never forget your first time...
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 13,530

I really didn't expect them to be my thing based on the very little I'd heard until recently but I took a listen to Soundcheck out of curiosity when it came out and rather liked it. Finally got around to hearing the album and it's rather nice, not the best album ever and I can't see myself revisiting it a lot but it was a good listen still. Nothing as good as Soundcheck, really into that now I've finally got it on my iPod! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Jake.
post Jul 28 2016, 11:14 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Regular
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(JosephStyles @ Jul 20 2016, 05:44 PM) *
I really didn't expect them to be my thing based on the very little I'd heard until recently but I took a listen to Soundcheck out of curiosity when it came out and rather liked it. Finally got around to hearing the album and it's rather nice, not the best album ever and I can't see myself revisiting it a lot but it was a good listen still. Nothing as good as Soundcheck, really into that now I've finally got it on my iPod! laugh.gif

'Soundcheck' has ended up being my favourite track on the album. And it actually took me a while to get into them too, mostly because I found them at first to be a slightly below-average indie band ("Think of Razorlight if they were a bit more middle-of-the-road", was how I described the album to someone around the time of its release). Said description is something I still agree with to a certain extent, and it does slightly baffle me as to how they've ended up selling so many albums when there's been far superior releases by Mystery Jets, The Vaccines, The Cribs, et al in the time since 'The Balcony' was released, which perhaps deserve more attention.

But still, they're far from terrible and I tend to be a sucker for most indie bands, so that's probably why I've ended up liking them laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Jul 28 2016, 11:50 PM
Post #6
Shakin Stevens
Group: Members
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

Mystery Jets just don't get AirPlay - it's a fantastic album Curve of the Earth - a band that has survived although the noughties as the others fell away!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:10 PM