BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> Personal Charts

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jupiter 2018: Week #7, good intentions... // + links + write-up
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
J00prstar
post Feb 19 2018, 11:22 PM
Post #1
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

Chvrches surge to the top spot this week to gain their first lead single chart topper, first chart topper total since Tether (vs Eric Prydz), and fourth total in their career. It's a pretty solid song, I'm not in love with it, but it's been long enough that the group have put out something new that this was always going to pick up a big chunk of plays no matter how it sounded. When You Die becomes the fourth chart topper so far this year to spend only one week at #1. The rest of the top 5 is new this week; a big surge from Crash & Burn gives G-Eazy and Kehlani additional top 3s, while two brand new entries also come from M.O's comeback single Bad Vibe and my 18 point BJSC discovery from January, My Indigo - a side project of Sharon den Adel.

Carmody and London Grammar are the other new entries in this week's top 10; last week's Ryan Riback, Kimbra, and Simian Ghost notch up another week each respectively. As well as the aforementioned debuts, brand new entries come this week from Tinashe, Jhene Aiko, Camila Cabello, Gold/Shade, The Weeknd, Miike Snow, Paloma Faith, Drake, Jason Derulo, Brave Baby, Kylie, Rae Sremmurd and Zedd.

New entries will be linked a bit later on in the week to save you hunting for them, so check back to see those, and feel free to peek at my (linked) weekly playlists in the meantime.

And with all that out of the way, here's this third week of February's top 40 list:

01 Chvrches - Get Out [16-1]
02 MGMT - When You Die [39-37-37-7-7-5-1-2]
03 G-Eazy ft. Kehlani - Crash & Burn [36-3]
04 M.O ft. Lotto Boyzz + Mr Eazi - Bad Vibe [N]
05 My Indigo - My Indigo [N]
06 Ryan Riback ft. Iselin - Do You Care [25-8-3-6]
07 Kimbra - Human [19-7-7]
08 London Grammar- Different Breeds [21-8]
09 Simian Ghost - Eat the Rich [15-5-1-2-9]
10 Carmody - Like That [16-11-10]
11 Paloma Faith - Kings and Queens [28-9-2-4-11]
12 Gun - Boy Who Fooled the World [35-12]
13 Jhene Aiko ft. Rae Sremmurd - Sativa [N]
14 Tinashe ft. Offset - No Drama [N]
15 Paloma Faith - Til I'm Done [N]
16 Amanda Delara - We Don't Run from Anyone [33-14-18-16]
17 Maroon 5 - Wait [27-13-17]
18 Pink - Secrets [12-4-6-18]
19 Camila Cabello - She Loves Control [N]
20 Justin Timberlake - Supplies [30-10-10-20]
21 Gold/Shade ft. Neenah - Lighthouse [N]
22 The Weeknd - Secrets [N]
23 Odesza ft. Leon Bridges - Across the Room [38-X7-40-16-12-15-23]
24 Hunter and Tara - Belive Me [10-6-8-24]
25 Troye Sivan - My My My [13-8-3-5-25]
26 Allie X - Vintage [31-26]
27 Miike Snow - Change Your Mind [N]
28 Post Malone ft. 21 Savage - Rockstar [32-28]
29 Punctual & Fabienne - Real [33-29]
30 Taylor Swift - End Game [33-15-9-12-30]
31 Ariel Beesley - Slower Than Usual [20-14-31]
32 Jason Derulo ft. French Montana - Tip Toe [N]
33 Drake - God's Plan [N]
34 Brave Baby - Soothsayer [N]
35 Rhys - Maybe I Will Learn [17-35]
36 Rae Sremmurd - T'd Up [N]
37 Future Islands - North Star [34-37]
38 Doja Cat - Roll With Us [39-38]
39 Zedd ft. Grey + Maren Morris - The Middle [N]
40 Kylie Minogue - Dancing [N]

#1s this year:
Inna – Nirvana (1)
Eminem ft. Ed Sheeran – River (1)
Femme En Fourrure ft. Pykari – Ride (2)
Simian Ghost – Eat The Rich (1)
MGMT – When You Die (1)
Chvrches – Get Out (~)

My spotify picks arrow right.gif {A-List} arrow right.gif {B-List} arrow right.gif {C-List}

This post has been edited by Jüpiter: Feb 26 2018, 11:30 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sergej
post Feb 20 2018, 08:20 AM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 39,723
   No Gallery Pics

Hello Jupiter!
Great to see CHVRCHES at #1 and London Grammar at #8!
Also nice debuts from Paloma Faith, Camila Cabello, The Weeknd, Jason Derulo/French Montana, Drake and Zedd/Grey/Maren Morris!
Great chart overall!

+Quote Post
J00prstar
post Feb 26 2018, 11:22 PM
Post #3
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

Already this seems like ages ago! These are a little late as I had a little hectic of a weekend, hope you enjoy this week's new entry links anyway!

Highest new entry this week goes to the return of M.O. It's a song I was torn about at first, but the ayaya and bad vibe bad vibe hooks are very addictive and catchy! At just one place off their highest peaker for me this is already a strong threat for the top spot next week.

Second highest new entry My Indigo is (I think) the first BJSC charter of the year, and by far my fave track entered in the last contest. It's Sharon den Adel's second hit for me following a guest turn on Armin van Buuren's In and Out of Love a fair few years back now.

Jhene and Tinashe land a pair of R&B tracks together. It's almost four years ago now I first came across the pair within a few months of each other and was instantly hooked, although imo, Jhene's had by far the more consistent output, which has also translated to chart success: she currently boasts three #1s to Tinashe's zero.

Next up, a pop pair from Paloma and Camila. Til I'm Done in particular is one I u-turned on. It's still not what I would have gone to Paloma for or what I expected from her, but by god does she make a disco throwback anthem sound good. In retrospect, it might just have been her crazy hair and outfit when she debuted it on Graham Norton that put me off a little. Camila's track is the most instant one of her releases has been for me, debuting within my top 20 unlike the low 30s everything else has managed.

A few big hitters here from Drake, Kylie and Zedd, all with comeback songs signalling a new start. All three have had mixed fortune on my charts recently too.

Jason, Rae Sremmurd and The Weeknd deliver some solid funky pop-influenced R&B next...

and we close out this week with an indie section. Miike Snow's the best known here, probably, landing their first charter in two years off the back of the latest 50 Shades soundtrack. It's the album's second charter following Liam Payne and Rita's top ten hit. Brave Baby also grab another hit, their third total and first since 2016, while its a debut for both Gold/Shade and Neenah with Lighthouse. I will be looking out for more from both!
And that's us. Tomorrow I hope to get up another new chart! Look out for that for more musical splendour wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:54 AM