BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Special, Gay Sitcom / Netflix
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Jack
post Monday, 08:23 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 223

New LGBT series featuring a gay man with cerebral palsy is on Netflix and it is EVERYTHING. Well written, hilarious and really touching at points too. Unfortunately the episodes are only 15 minutes long which is really frustrating. It seems to have received to little to no promotion by Netflix as well which is disappointing.

I'd urge everyone to watch this, it's so feel good and such an easy watch! wub.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jay ☆
post Tuesday, 07:10 PM
Post #2
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

Watched all of this last night and really enjoyed! wub.gif Despite the short episode lengths, I thought the characters were very instantly appealing. Ryan’s friend/colleague Kim is a scene stealer! I felt bad for the mother, she couldn’t do right for doing wrong despite being so selfless and caring. cry.gif

It’s great to see a show that shines a spotlight on navigating life with a disability, and I also appreciated it for being a positive portrayal of being LGBT.

Would definitely recommend, I’m glad you enjoyed it too Jack! wub.gif

+Quote Post
Jack
post Tuesday, 10:58 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 223

Glad to see someone else likes it!! I agree the other characters were so good and well thought out, Kim especially was a absolute icon throughout. I'm hoping it picks up another series and gets an extended episode length next time, it's too good to just be a one off!

+Quote Post
Calum
post Wednesday, 11:29 PM
Post #4
#wildcard
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 18,316

Watched this last night after seeing you post the thread and it was amazing! wub.gif Pretty much agree with everything you've both said already, and like Jay said I couldn't help but feel sorry for the mum so much. cry.gif I kinda started to dislike him towards the end. Kim is iconic though!

Agreed that it definitely needs a second season, and bumping the episodes up to 45 minutes (or even half an hour) would be great.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2019 - 10:14 AM