BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> American Horror Story: Cult, Season 7 | What's the thing that scares you the most?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
JackTheeStallion
post Nov 10 2017, 08:33 AM
Post #81
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223
Yeah, Ally is f***ing slaying. Best character by far.

I still kind of think it's going off on a tangent a bit but I'm still enjoying it. My favourite season since Coven probably.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Linds.
post Nov 10 2017, 11:54 AM
Post #82
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176
NO I JUST SPOILED WHAT CODY HAD HIDDEN THINKING I WAS UP TO DATE, CLEARLY I'VE MISSED THE MOST RECENT EPISODE

NOoo

+Quote this post
Linds.
post Nov 10 2017, 01:01 PM
Post #83
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
okay i'm now caught up, that was probs one of the best episodes from the season so far but im still a bit like wtf is going on

gutted at the most recent death tho sad.gif

+Quote this post
Botchia
post Nov 11 2017, 05:18 PM
Post #84
Group icon
I Drink Wine
User: 21,753
Ally *.* I love her so much!

+Quote this post
PaulM1983
post Nov 12 2017, 03:46 PM
Post #85
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 6,471
They've really turned Ally from the absolute worst to the potentially best character in the last couple of episodes. I've liked some of this season, but it doesn't feel like AHS. I still feel like there's something missing (the horror perhaps?) and the whole season just feels so small compared to some of the others. Also, considering the overall arc of the series is to cross over, this one feels very insulated. Given that the last couple of seasons have had little cameos from previous characters, this one feels a little out of step now.

EDIT: Thanks to Dexton's post below, I realise I stupidly overlooked Twisty as the crossover character.

This post has been edited by PaulM1983: Nov 16 2017, 10:51 AM

+Quote this post
Dexton
post Nov 16 2017, 03:21 AM
Post #86
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045
I'm pretty sad that this season is over now, I've really enjoyed it this year.

Ally coming out on top is something to be glad for, even though she has essentially become a female version of Kai. She's apart of her own cult, she's becoming an important political figure, she has wild influence over her own gender, she will do anything to further her control or power (eg. orchestrating Kai's escape and confrontation to benefit her campaign). Cult has definitely provided both Sarah and Evan with their best roles in the entire series so far. I feel as though some details have been skipped over in this finale and the season overall would've benefitted from being full length of 13 episodes, just to expand on the events of Ep. 10 & 11. In ep 10 we learn more about the extremist misogynistic ideologies of Kai like the "Night of 1000 Tates" but all of that comes to a crushing end just one episode later. Maybe if the buildup of Ally's involvement with the FBI and Kai's preparation for genocide was expanded a bit these last two episodes wouldn't seem too rushed. The same can also be said about Kai's imprisonment/escape and how Ally made all that happen. I've really enjoyed watching, but some of it seems a bit rushed.

Props to the Lana Winters name drop too. Her & Twisty are pretty much the only connections to previous seasons here, although between just two series characters they do link Cult to Asylum, Freak Show, and Roanoake tongue.gif

If I were to rate the current 7 seasons:

1. Asylum
2. Freak Show
3. Roanoake
4. Coven
5. Murder House
6. Cult
7. Hotel

I love them all apart from Hotel (which I didn't even finish) but it's gonna take a lot to top Asylum for me laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Linds.
post Nov 17 2017, 12:32 AM
Post #87
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
What a finale!!

+Quote this post
Botchia
post Nov 23 2017, 09:11 PM
Post #88
Group icon
I Drink Wine
User: 21,753
I finally got round to watching the finale and it was so good *.*

I haven't watched Roanoake yet but shall be soon. I'd rank the rest as:

Coven
Asylum
Cult
Hotel
Murder House
Freak Show

+Quote this post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:29 AM