BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Weakest Link, 2021 revival with Romesh Ranganathan
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Botchia
post Jul 19 2017, 08:10 PM
Post #1
I Drink Wine
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

The Sun is reporting that The Weakest Link is being revived for a Children In Need special this November, with talks of a full-time return in 2018 for Saturday nights (a celebrity version rather than civilian). Anne Robinson is due back also.

I used to enjoy The Weakest Link back in the day, so wouldn't mind seeing it back!

Would you like to see it back?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
awardinary
post Jul 19 2017, 08:26 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

No, it's had it's time. Move on to a new concept please. huh.gif

+Quote Post
danG
post Jul 19 2017, 10:03 PM
Post #3
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

omg YES.

+Quote Post
No Sleeep
post Jul 19 2017, 10:06 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 22,008
   No Gallery Pics

YAS. I was obsessed with the PS2 game laugh.gif

+Quote Post
kye
post Jul 19 2017, 11:47 PM
Post #5
• aesthetic party •
Member No.: 2,169

I loved The Weakest Link! I'd love to see this come back. Used to get SO pissed off when people didn't say 'bank' laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jul 20 2017, 02:33 AM
Post #6
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

Omg YES, I was saying to my housemate earlier we need more quizzes like that and The Chase. The fast paced ones you can play along with that feel really rewarding but easy to watch and get hooked on laugh.gif I love the format, I think it's the sort of fun entertainment we need on a Saturday night now that talent shows have somewhat burned themselves out and it's hard for new ones to get off the ground. It would 100% have to be Anne back though, she IS the show.

+Quote Post
danG
post Jul 20 2017, 10:27 AM
Post #7
   No Gallery Pics

definitely. they should axe Tipping Point and replace it with The Weakest Link (I know they're on different channels but let me dream).

+Quote Post
awardinary
post Jul 20 2017, 10:44 AM
Post #8
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

While they're at it they might as well bring back Deal Or No Deal. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
pippa
post Jul 20 2017, 02:04 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 14,031
   No Gallery Pics

I always enjoyed the Weakest Link,one of the best quiz shows. Ann was legendary on it with some of her comments.

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Jul 20 2017, 02:40 PM
Post #10
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

I'd love to see it back, but wouold rather have normal people than celebs sad.gif

+Quote Post
Jαsє
post Jul 20 2017, 03:15 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 14,043
   No Gallery Pics

omg YES. I need Anne Robinson back in my life.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jul 20 2017, 03:22 PM
Post #12
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

I think celebs suit a Saturday night quiz show a bit more, it makes it more light hearted and it's nice they compete for charity etc., whereas daytime is a bit more tense and something to escape to after work or school or whatever.

+Quote Post
Jacob-
post Jul 20 2017, 04:27 PM
Post #13
Jacob Alan~
Member No.: 21,664
   No Gallery Pics

Yasss The Weakest Link was iconic, would love to see it back.
QUOTE(Kye @ Jul 20 2017, 12:47 AM) *
I loved The Weakest Link! I'd love to see this come back. Used to get SO pissed off when people didn't say 'bank' laugh.gif
Exactly this!!! Especially in the 1st round if they get to £1000 and the person forgets. Happened once and they got it right and it was ok but another time it happened and they got it wrong. drama.gif

+Quote Post
No Sleeep
post Jul 21 2017, 01:09 AM
Post #14
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 22,008
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Liаm @ Jul 20 2017, 03:33 AM) *
Omg YES, I was saying to my housemate earlier we need more quizzes like that and The Chase. The fast paced ones you can play along with that feel really rewarding but easy to watch and get hooked on laugh.gif I love the format, I think it's the sort of fun entertainment we need on a Saturday night now that talent shows have somewhat burned themselves out and it's hard for new ones to get off the ground. It would 100% have to be Anne back though, she IS the show.

THIS! Nobody is here for Babushka or Red or Black or (to a lesser extent) Tipping Point, I just want a show like The Chase and this where you can shout out the answers laugh.gif I don't know WHY they think a complex format is going to draw in viewers when literally people only watch it to play along (and a bit of banter with Anne and the contestants laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Botchia
post Nov 17 2017, 10:16 PM
Post #15
I Drink Wine
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

I'm so glad they gave this a full proper episode. Iconic! It's on BBC Two right now if anyone's interested tongue.gif

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Nov 17 2017, 10:42 PM
Post #16
you never forget your first time...
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 13,530

Absolutely HOWLED throughout the whole episode, forgotten just how much I loved it. Please can it come back, even for a series of celeb specials as rumoured!

+Quote Post
Theonix
post Nov 17 2017, 11:58 PM
Post #17
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
Member No.: 8,661

It's pretty clear from tonight's special that the formula would still work as well as it did if they were to commision a full series. Absolutely loved Anne's banter as always!

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Nov 18 2017, 12:43 PM
Post #18
Howdy, disco citizens
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

I loved the Weakest Link when it was on, although as the years went on and it became like a piece of furniture on the schedules I fell away from watching it. Having been off TV for 4 or so years, the one-off special was quite nice, although if they decide to bring it back they'll need to make sure it doesn't fall into the same trap in being shown all the time.

Also, I notice on the celebrity special that Anne was much slower in reading the questions than in the past, so unsure if there was a new series whether she'd continue as host. Given how paramount she is to the series, it would be strange trying to find someone who can sling barbs as effectively as her as host. Although someone suggested that Judge Rinder would make an excellent host, which I couldn't disagree with.

+Quote Post
danG
post Nov 18 2017, 01:03 PM
Post #19
   No Gallery Pics

not watched it yet, but perhaps they could scrap Fifteen To One and get the woman from there to do Weakest Link?

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Nov 18 2017, 01:10 PM
Post #20
❤️❤️➕🟦
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Brett-Butler @ Nov 18 2017, 12:43 PM) *
I loved the Weakest Link when it was on, although as the years went on and it became like a piece of furniture on the schedules I fell away from watching it. Having been off TV for 4 or so years, the one-off special was quite nice, although if they decide to bring it back they'll need to make sure it doesn't fall into the same trap in being shown all the time.

This is my exact thoughts! By the end of its run, it was so tiring and I began to groan whenever it was on. I'm starting (only just!) to feel the same way about Pointless, which of course became the replacement for The Weakest Link.

I was very excited to watch this though and would welcome it returning in the form of a limited series. I would just hope that they get smarter celebrities next time because some of the answers last night were woeful and embarrassing. I don't think the questions have ever been easier yet North is apparently opposite of East on a compass and water is made up of acid. Plus, not getting Terry Wogan when you're on a show for Children in Need is just shameful.

The concept is really strong though and Anne was incredible. I would worry about doing it without her, in response to Dan, Sandi is far too nice for the show!!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:51 PM