BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Darius- All Official Web Sites - direct links, all links to Darius' sites now on first post, page1
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Baytree
post 25th August 2006, 08:35 AM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 334
Pray might be better.

Brilliant 19 haven't really lived up to their name in the past and for the messenger of the Gods, Mercury was also somewhat tardy!

I just trust that Darius cares as deeply for his laptop as he does his mobile (or will he call it his cell phone now? My son does and gets ribbed silly by his mates every time). If Darius does keep an eye on his myspace, we've a chance things will get a good kick whenever it's needed.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Baytree
post 19th September 2006, 11:51 AM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
It's good that Darius has written more than one blog and that he sends out the odd bulletin but other than that most other comments seem to be standard ones that could be done by someone else or perhaps automatically generated.

His page is very impressive and he changes the songs. I'd like him to post a few up to date pictures of him in LA. I'd also love to see his studio.

After less than 3 months, I'd grade his myspace as "above average but could do better."

What would everybody else want him to do? - apart from give us those new songs, of course!

This post has been edited by Baytree: 19th September 2006, 11:52 AM

+Quote this post
prettyinpink
post 19th September 2006, 01:22 PM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 225
agree, but I suppose he is doing other things..I hope so anyway, it would be nice to read a few more blog entries about what he saw in Europe, and a bit more of a hands on approach. but then I supose I am being greedy, he is probably busy with the real people in his life.
I am hoping those new tracks go up on the page though, what use is a spanking new recording studio if not wink.gif laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Baytree
post 19th September 2006, 01:41 PM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
The counter seems to have gone awry today- seems to be stuck. No doubt it will sort itself out again later.

Re the spanking new studio, give the guy a chance. He's probably still struggling with the manuals for some of his equipment. I suppose like different types of computer and different software sytems, they'll have things he needs to relearn despite being practised on similar stuff.

I used to get into all kinds of mix-ups when I went from BBC to Amstrad to Apple and then to IBM PC and from Microsoft Works through Clarisworks, Lotus and now Microsoft Office.

This post has been edited by Baytree: 19th September 2006, 02:35 PM

+Quote this post
prettyinpink
post 19th September 2006, 07:54 PM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
lets hope he works it out soon, he was eager to help in the studios after PI wasnt he..
and I have a feeling Darius has been playing with the recording studios when he did a bit of producing.

+Quote this post
davinza80
post 19th September 2006, 08:09 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 384
Darius says he's done a video diary. How about weekly bits from it?

+Quote this post
prettyinpink
post 20th September 2006, 08:15 AM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
has he indeed, I would love to see bits of it online

+Quote this post
Secret_Song
post 23rd September 2006, 03:13 AM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 332
QUOTE(davinza80 @ Sep 19 2006, 09:21 PM) *

Darius says he's done a video diary. How about weekly bits from it?

A video diary of what? When?

+Quote this post
Baytree
post 23rd September 2006, 01:06 PM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
He's mentioned it in a couple of interviews but I think it's strictly personal and intended to be shared only with those closest to him.

I'm not sure when Darius himself started doing it - I'm guessing ...maybe when his father was ill and Darius couldn't be in London with him. It would certainly be a way of keeping both families in the loop, whichever side of the Pond he's on.

I remember seeing Booth and Aria filming him at a couple of different things I've been at.

+Quote this post
Secret_Song
post 24th September 2006, 02:26 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 332
QUOTE(Baytree @ Sep 23 2006, 02:21 PM) *

He's mentioned it in a couple of interviews but I think it's strictly personal and intended to be shared only with those closest to him.

I'm not sure when Darius himself started doing it - I'm guessing ...maybe when his father was ill and Darius couldn't be in London with him. It would certainly be a way of keeping both families in the loop, whichever side of the Pond he's on.

I remember seeing Booth and Aria filming him at a couple of different things I've been at.

Oh yes, I've seen Aria filming at several events I've been to in the past too and I remember now that Darius mentioned keeping in touch with his family via webcam and so on whilst he had to be away when his Dad was ill too. I just thought this video diary was a new thing that had been mentioned somewhere though and got excited at the prospect biggrin.gif

Thinking about it, in the past there have been various video footage things put on the official website and linked to via special mini sites, so maybe some more things like that will come along again in the future - it would be nice smile.gif

I'd like to see some more photos uploaded to his myspace site too - some of him in his new recording studio would groove my truffles biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Julia W
post 8th October 2006, 11:56 PM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 324
Just been reading comments on D's Myspace and Raquael wants to know if Darius will be gigging down the East Coast USA 'after the Chicago run'!! Do you think she may know something we don't or am I reading too much into this and she thinks he is still in the UK!! biggrin.gif rolleyes.gif It's this sort of 'wishful thinking' that gets me by!!

Julie

+Quote this post
davinza80
post 9th October 2006, 12:34 AM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
Just for fun he should try out his new songs in small local gigs in LA or New York.

+Quote this post
Baytree
post 9th October 2006, 10:40 AM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Good suggestion but hasn't Darius has always been dead set against doing any gigs in America?

Presumably Brilliant19 couldn't stop him doing what he wants because technically he employs them but could 19 Recordings block such a move because they are again nominally his record label? I suppose it all comes down to the fine print of contracts and whether either side is prepared to fight to uphold/break those agreements.

+Quote this post
Julia W
post 9th October 2006, 11:00 AM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
I think that Darius should definitely showcase his new music in America and also release there - I think he would go down great (if that is what he would want, of course!! biggrin.gif ) I was referring to Raquel mentioning the 'Chicago run' - it sounds like she has been in contact with D and is asking if he would be gigging after Broadway?? - it obviously didn't read like that to anybody else!! laugh.gif

Julie

+Quote this post
Baytree
post 9th October 2006, 11:15 AM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
I think she's probably just misread his profile and thinks he's still in the West End. I honestly can't see an opening on Broadway. It's Usher then they'll probably stop gap with an understudy until Huey Lewis starts in November.

In saying that, Huey Lewis is leaving the tour so they'd need to replace him. T'would be much easier to replace him with someone who knows the role inside out and of whom they already have publicity photos. They won't, but it's a tantalising thought.

+Quote this post
Baytree
post 9th October 2006, 02:14 PM
Post #36
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Julia W @ Oct 9 2006, 01:11 AM) *

Just been reading comments on D's Myspace and Raquael wants to know if Darius will be gigging down the East Coast USA 'after the Chicago run'!! Do you think she may know something we don't or am I reading too much into this and she thinks he is still in the UK!! biggrin.gif rolleyes.gif It's this sort of 'wishful thinking' that gets me by!!

Julie

I see now why you thought she might know something. Reading between the lines, she seems to be a huge fan of James Blunt and his band especially one Karl Brazil whom we all know as a very happy, chatty guy and a good friend of Darius.

Have you seen Karl's South Park image on her myspace - it's absolutely brilliant and in the comments, someone has posted a nice close up pic of him with his longer hair. I really like it although I didn't like his hair in the pics on .net.

This post has been edited by Baytree: 9th October 2006, 02:15 PM

+Quote this post
Julia W
post 9th October 2006, 02:52 PM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
QUOTE(Baytree @ Oct 9 2006, 03:29 PM) *

Have you seen Karl's South Park image on her myspace - it's absolutely brilliant and in the comments, someone has posted a nice close up pic of him with his longer hair. I really like it although I didn't like his hair in the pics on .net.

laugh.gif 'In the rear, with the nice gear' laugh.gif He does look a sweetie with his long hair, doesn't he!? biggrin.gif
And Tracey has posted one with his hair short, which is rather nice as well!
I had a short chat with Karl at Lincoln (as Darius was busy with Girls Aloud!! rolleyes.gif ) and he was very friendly - and quite short too!! laugh.gif which was a blessing for me as he could hear what I was saying!! With Darius I have to look up and shout!! dance.gif

Julie

+Quote this post
Baytree
post 9th October 2006, 03:22 PM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Karl is always such a lovely guy to talk to. He has such an infectious grin too. He's an excellent drummer. Darius knew what he was doing what he picked out Karl. I hope James Blunt is looking after him.

+Quote this post
davinza80
post 10th October 2006, 10:20 AM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
"with the nice gear and the nice rear" biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
megham