BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Third BJSC Veto Framework, **Revised** **Takes Immediate Effect**
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Silas
post Feb 24 2015, 10:14 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
The Third Veto Framework

We have had a review of our framework which is coming in with immediate effect.
Minor/Yellow (3 points)
  • Artist has been recycled
  • Song or artist has appeared in Unknown Pleasures.
  • Song has charted in the top40 of the artists 'home' nation.
Medium/Orange (7 points)
  • The song or artist has finished in the top half of another contest on the forum, eg. Unknown Pleasures, Nuggets etc.
  • The artist has had a top40 UK album in the past 24 months.
  • Song has a presence on one of the big three blogs, the trifecta of Popjustice, Scandipop or Pitchfork. An additional 3 points will be allocated to songs that have appeared on any two of these three blogs
  • Artist has come top15 previously in BJSC
  • Song is currently in the chart of a Scandinavian nation
  • The song/artist has charted, within the past 24 months, in one of the following nations: United States, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, France & Germany
  • 2 or more people attempted to confirm the song.
  • The artist has previously been entered two times in the past 30 contests.
Serious/Red (12 points)
  • The song has significant BJSC Personal Chart presence (7 or more personal charts)
  • The song is in the Multichart during the week/s in which the confirmation process is open.
  • The song is by an artist with a significant following on Buzzjack.
  • The song has received substantial radio, internet, TV, or print media exposure.
  • The song is on a Radio 1 playlist published 2 months prior to or during the confirmation period
  • The artist/song been in the UK Top 40 Singles Chart in the past 24 months.
  • The song has a review on one or more of the trifecta (Scandipop/Popjustice/Pitchfork) with Hyperbole set to 11.
  • Artist has multiple top10's, or a top5 finish to their name
  • Song or artist has been in UP in the past 24 months
  • The song has gone top 10, within the past 12 months, in one of the following nations: Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, France, Germany, South Korea, and Japan.
  • Song is in the Hot 100 currently
  • More than 5 people attempted to enter the song.
  • The song or artist charted in the Top 40 in the UK or USA pre-2000 This applies to songs like TLC's 'Creep' and Dolly Parton's 'Jolene' or any other 'classics'. Any other current or previously charted song is covered by other veto penalties in this framework)
  • The artist has previously been entered three times in the past 30 contests.
  • The song is a similar sounding cover version or contains a heavily used sample of a previous BJSC entry.
Auto-veto/Black (25 points)
  • The song is a straight cover of a previous BJSC entry.
  • The song has charted in the UK Top20.
  • The song has presence on all of the trifecta. (Scandipop, Popjustice and Pitchfork)
  • The song is a former ESC entry.
  • The song is currently in a national final for ESC selection.
  • The song is a previous BJSC entry.
  • Artist was in the previous month's top 3.
  • Song has more than 100 replies in a genre forum thread.
  • Song is by an Artist with an Artist Forum on Buzzjack
  • The artist has previously been entered four times in the last 30 contests
  • The Artist has been entered 7 times since BJSC I
  • Song has come top 5 in Unknown Pleasures
An entry to the Buzzjack Song Contest WILL be automatically vetoed if it scores 25 points or more. The threshold for vetoing is 14 points OR a Red Flag.

NEW - All of the above rules may be suspended for a nations anniversary contest (50th, 100th, 250th, 500th, 1000th etc) for artists that are significant to a nation. This must be applied for 2 contests in advance. The only rule is that you cannot send a single by your nominated artist or anything from the current campaign. For Example: Ashton could send any Sugababes non-single, FSR Rontvia could send any non-single by Delta, Ramrynia could send any non-single by Diana Vickers. You may claim this exemption for only one artist ever and the choice behind this artist must be justified as to why they are significant to your nation. The three examples all used those artists as their debut and are well known loons for those artists.

-----

The changes are as follows:

Being removed:

3 Points:
  • The song has moderate personal chart support from within it's likely fan base. (2-3 personal charts of BJSC participants)
  • Song has a thread with more than 15 replies in a genre forum.
7 Points:
  • The song is by a MALE artist, or associated act with an Artist Forum on Buzzjack.
  • Has strong personal chart support in it's genre fan-base and has 'crossed over'. (4-6 personal charts)
  • Song has a thread of more than 40 replies in a genre forum
12 Points:
  • Song has more than 75 replies in a genre forum thread
  • The song is by a FEMALE artist, or associated act with an Artist Forum on Buzzjack.
Being Altered:

3 Points:
  • Artist has been recycled and previously qualified for the final. \\\\\ Now any recycling
  • Song has charted in the top40 of the artists 'home' nation. \\\\\\ Now 'Has charted' rather than 'is in'
7 Points:
  • The artist has had a top40 UK album in the past 12 months. \\\\\\ Now 24 months
  • The song is a similar sounding cover version or contains a heavily used sample of a previous BJSC entry. \\\\ Now 12 points because this shit is lazy
  • Artist has come top10 previously in BJSC \\\\\\ Now top 15
  • The song/artist has charted, within the past 12 months, in one of the following nations: United States, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, France & Germany \\\\\ Now 24 months
  • The artist has previously been entered two times since 2011 \\\\\\ Now in the past 30 contests.
12 Points:
  • First set now two distinct separate 12 point offences
  • The song is on a current Radio 1 playlist (any playlist published just prior to or during the confirmation period) \\\ Firming this up by making it 2 months prior to confirmation
  • The artist/song is currently or has recently (within the last 12 months) been in the UK Top 40 Singles Chart. \\\\\\ Also now 24 months
  • Song and/or artist has (recently) finished top5 in UP. \\\ Once more, also 24 months and amended to been entered to UP in general.
  • The song has gone top5, within the past 6 months, in one of the following nations: Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, France, Germany, South Korea, and Japan. \\\\\\ Now top 10 in past year.
  • The artist has previously been entered three times since 2011. \\\\\ Now last 30 contests too.
  • The song is a fresh leak or forthcoming single by an artist with a significant following on Buzzjack. \\\\ removed fresh leak or forthcoming single.
25 Points:
  • Song is from the current album campaign (single, album track, b-side or leak) of one of the very popular AF artist's (Sugababes/MKS, Lady GaGa, Katy Perry, Adele, The Saturdays, Leona Lewis) \\\\ Now any artist with an AF is banned.
  • The artist has previously been entered four times since 2011. \\\\\ Also 30 contests now.
  • Is currently in the UK Top20. \\\\ Now 'Has charted'.
Additions:

25 Points:
  • The Artist has been entered 7 times since BJSC I
  • Song has come top 5 in Unknown Pleasures
---

We've made a couple of adjustments, removed a few things and added a couple more. The Veto threshold has gone back up to 25 points, but anything getting 12 points will be in the window for vetoing.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Feb 24 2015, 10:39 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116
Definitely lining up a Delta demo for my 1000th contest! (If I live to 120 that is).

+Quote this post
*Tim
post Feb 24 2015, 10:40 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660
Only 3 more years tillI can send Alexandra *.*

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Feb 24 2015, 10:44 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116
Wow at all past top 20 hits being waved goodbye. Good move!

+Quote this post
Brer
post Feb 24 2015, 10:58 PM
Post #5
Group icon
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
User: 8,300
QUOTE(gooddelta @ Feb 24 2015, 10:44 PM) *
Wow at all past top 20 hits being waved goodbye. Good move!

I'd say 'Adelante got lucky', but then... it didn't really. laugh.gif

Does that rule also apply to remixes? So for example would Adonia's song this month have been vetoed as the original version was a top 20 hit? I'm not asking for myself of course as I don't even touch artists who have charted. (Aside from Dawn Richard technically having a top 5 hit but as a member of a group magic.gif)

+Quote this post
Math!
post Feb 24 2015, 11:18 PM
Post #6
Group icon
(✿◠‿◠)
Pronouns: new york
User: 19,852
QUOTE(ˇbré! @ Feb 24 2015, 05:58 PM) *
Does that rule also apply to remixes? So for example would Adonia's song this month have been vetoed as the original version was a top 20 hit? I'm not asking for myself of course as I don't even touch artists who have charted.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking!

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post Feb 24 2015, 11:34 PM
Post #7
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232
Looks like I dodged a bullet sending Jaimeson when I did!

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Feb 24 2015, 11:40 PM
Post #8
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
I'm very supportive of the no top 20 rule. It nicely covers all big hits without having to find reasons to get rid of them like we were struggling this month with for Adelante, and as for remixes, I'm not SURE on the actual answer to that, a BJSC mod will officially confirm, but I suspect they'd be treated the same way covers are, if it's significantly different they'd be given a fair chance under the rest of the framework while suffering 12 points straight away for that, if it adds merely a few basic beats to it then it can sod off.

This isn't a remix song contest and I'm always suspicious of entries that rely on sampling big hits, particularly as they've been recently the most common things that manage to fly under the researching radar and probably get a large proportion of their votes because of the sample.

+Quote this post
danG
post Feb 25 2015, 06:54 AM
Post #9
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746
QUOTE(Silas @ Feb 24 2015, 10:14 PM) *
NEW - All of the above rules may be suspended for a nations anniversary contest (50th, 100th, 250th, 500th, 1000th etc) for artists that are significant to a nation. This must be applied for 2 contests in advance. The only rule is that you cannot send a single by your nominated artist or anything from the current campaign. For Example: Ashton could send any Sugababes non-single, FSR Rontvia could send any non-single by Delta, Ramrynia could send any non-single by Diana Vickers. You may claim this exemption for only one artist ever and the choice behind this artist must be justified as to why they are significant to your nation. The three examples all used those artists as their debut and are well known loons for those artists.[/b]
ohmy.gif *.*

Avicii floppy single or album track realness for Danaelanda's 50th then w00t.gif

will have to wait until late 2016 though. : (

+Quote this post
RobBot
post Feb 25 2015, 11:58 AM
Post #10
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117
That rule looks VERY open to abuse. I mean, by rights, I could send Walking On Air or Bal could send Dance In The Dark (although to be fair, they'd probably be penalised by just about everyone for being ridiculously cheap, but the actual concept of it is what I'm aiming at here).

Everything else looks good to me though.

+Quote this post
Silas
post Feb 25 2015, 05:28 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
Please note the phrase "non-single" that is included many times in that paragraph.

For example. I could never send Freak Like Me but the Three era b-side "Colder In The Rain" (which is flawless) is eligible. So no singles or anything from the most recent era.

The aim is to allow people to mark an anniversary contest but in such a way that some people could still make a discovery out of it.

+Quote this post
danG
post Feb 25 2015, 06:53 PM
Post #12
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746
QUOTE(Silas @ Feb 25 2015, 05:28 PM) *
Please note the phrase "non-single" that is included many times in that paragraph.

Avicii released a lot of non-album singles which didn't perform well in the chart and would make for a discovery imo.

True is such an amazing album though that I'll probably end up sending a non single from that anyway

-x-

Very popular album tracks like the ones Robot suggested should definitely be banned anyway (plus those artists have their own forums, so anything by them shouldn't allowed really)

+Quote this post
Brer
post Feb 25 2015, 06:56 PM
Post #13
Group icon
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
User: 8,300
I'd be annoyed that I just missed my 50th entry being allowed to take advantage of that rule but then to be honest I'd probably choose not to anyway. Cheapness isn't my thang.

(Although I had absolutely NOTHING I wanted to send for my 50th, 'Hiding' is still a very good song and all but it was an old potential that I sent because I'd found nothing better, a bit of a shit one to commemorate the ~anniversary~. Might just disown The Bullitts and proclaim Dawn Richard my true 50th entry).

+Quote this post
-0-0
post Feb 25 2015, 07:10 PM
Post #14
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643
NEW - All of the above rules may be suspended for a nations anniversary contest (50th, 100th, 250th, 500th, 1000th etc) for artists that are significant to a nation. This must be applied for 2 contests in advance. The only rule is that you cannot send a single by your nominated artist or anything from the current campaign. For Example: Ashton could send any Sugababes non-single, FSR Rontvia could send any non-single by Delta, Ramrynia could send any non-single by Diana Vickers. You may claim this exemption for only one artist ever and the choice behind this artist must be justified as to why they are significant to your nation. The three examples all used those artists as their debut and are well known loons for those artists.

No.

It's obviously an unfair advantage to others and quite a silly rule tbh.

+Quote this post
JSG
post Feb 25 2015, 07:11 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 18,473
I think the whole anniversary thing is a bit uncalled for. Talk about an unfair advantage. Let's just enter The Saturdays cause we can eh.

+Quote this post
RobBot
post Feb 25 2015, 07:11 PM
Post #16
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117
QUOTE(Silas @ Feb 25 2015, 05:28 PM) *

Hence why I listed two songs that weren't singles... I just think it seems a very pointless, silly rule, like I can't really see any reason for it being necessary and seems a LITTLE bit unfair.

+Quote this post
-0-0
post Feb 25 2015, 07:12 PM
Post #17
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643
Aquafina sending The Saturdays - 808.

Going to be a clear advantage judging we have so many SATS STANS on here.

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Feb 25 2015, 07:13 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608
I'm not sure I like this rule either, only a handful of countries will ever reach 50 entries and it just seems to be something to benefit a select few. I know it's not necessarily done to be an advantage, but it nearly always will be even if not intended. It'll get hype just for being a "novelty entry" just like Australia in the real Eurovision have done.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Feb 25 2015, 07:20 PM
Post #19
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
Maybe instead of this anniversary thing which could give an unfair advantage to other people, maybe their could be like a spinoff thing for this like once a year where people can submit an album track by their artist they want.

I don't know if this is a good or terrible idea laugh.gif

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post Feb 25 2015, 07:21 PM
Post #20
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403
the rules shouldn't be waved for artist forums in that circumstance, but apart from that i have no problem.

+Quote this post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:11 AM