BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
29 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Good Wife
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
jark
post Apr 16 2011, 12:16 AM
Post #1
something you consider rare
Group: Members
Member No.: 2,990

This doesn't seem to have its own topic?

Without doubt the most mesmerising procedural drama on TV. Even if Julianna Margulies can't move her face.

I won't bother outlining the premise or anything because I know it already has followers on here. I'm currently racing through the latter half of season 1 so that I can catch up to the end of season 2 before the finale airs. I just watched s01e18, the one focused around the jury and it was quite honestly astonishing. Also kind of silly but in the best possible way.

Kalinda owns.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
p a v
post Apr 16 2011, 04:45 AM
Post #2
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
Member No.: 4,397

Oh Kalinda DOES <3

+Quote Post
p a v
post Apr 17 2011, 11:33 AM
Post #3

OMG just watched the s01e18 episode and it really was amazing. The ending, i knew it.

+Quote Post
jark
post Apr 17 2011, 11:39 AM
Post #4

The thing with that ending is that as soon as they said they'd reached a decision it was obvious what it was (since they'd previously been unable to move past the fact that was reasonable doubt / 'reasonable ignorance') but it was still HEARTWRENCHING to see it written on paper like that after the poor girl had already made her plea bargain. I fucking love this show. Can't wait to get to season 2.

+Quote Post
p a v
post Apr 17 2011, 12:02 PM
Post #5

Well yeah it was obvious they all voted 'not guilty', this twist was shocking. They could've not plea bargained and ended the episode happily but they did not do that! It clearly stands out from all those crime/procedural drama series where every criminal gets to jail (or dies) in the end.

Even to compare The Good Wife to series like Bones, Mentalist and others - sometimes you aren't even sure that the right person got the punishment when the episode ends. (I mean the alleged wife strangler creepy guy episode... the truth is still so unclear, the last scene with the anime picture is BRILLIANT. They would never do something like that in Bones or Fairly Legal).

And it needs a renewal BADLY. My favourite TV show at the moment (I thought Ryan was exaggerating saying it was that incredible but he in fact was NOT!).

+Quote Post
Neil
post Apr 17 2011, 12:13 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 9,016
   No Gallery Pics

Love this show, I'm on American pace with this one.

I'm just worried it won't get renewed :/

+Quote Post
▲▲▲
post Apr 17 2011, 12:55 PM
Post #7
INVITE ME TO YOUR SYNAGOGUE
Member No.: 155
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Pavel @ Apr 17 2011, 01:02 PM) *
And it needs a renewal BADLY. My favourite TV show at the moment (I thought Ryan was exaggerating saying it was that incredible but he in fact was NOT!).

WOO. MY FAVOURITE NETWORK SHOW. SWOON.

If this doesn't get renewed then CBS must be punished. It's a shame the demographics don't fit in with what advertisers want because it's still getting the viewers. I just think it's more intelligent and subtle for the masses.

The episode with the jury is incredible and I do remember being amazed/shocked by the ending. Clearly it was somewhat obvious where their decision was heading but I presumed they'd find some way of finishing on a happy note. Something pretty major happened this week (and now we have a three week wait sob) that you have to look forward to, Julianna Margulies definitely deserves an Emmy for her performance at the end of the episode.

+Quote Post
p a v
post Apr 17 2011, 01:23 PM
Post #8

Very intrigued to see what that is! ohmy.gif However i shall not peek and see what it is before i get down there myself with all the season 2 episodes watched (unlike my mum who did watch the ending of the The OC's 3rd season after i told her that something huge will happen there even though she was midseason 1! dry.gif ).

+Quote Post
Mark.
post Apr 18 2011, 12:14 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 6,928

Love this show, been watching since series 1.

+Quote Post
Daniel.
post Apr 18 2011, 01:52 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 9,900
   No Gallery Pics

To be honest I never gave this a chance because it looked deathly dull from the trailers, however the way you guys are talking, it sounds like I'm missing out.

+Quote Post
p a v
post Apr 18 2011, 02:55 PM
Post #11

I used to think like that as well Daniel!

+Quote Post
jark
post Apr 18 2011, 03:38 PM
Post #12

OH MY LORD. I just finished watching the season 1 finale and I'm honest to god hyperventilating. THEY CANNOT LEAVE US HANGING LIKE THAT. I'm going to have to race straight onto season 2. Also I think I actually squealed out loud when Kalinda and the FBI totty did the lezza love in the storage unit. Best frigging programme on US TV.

+Quote Post
jakee
post Apr 18 2011, 03:49 PM
Post #13
i thought you wore the hairpiece for style
Member No.: 47

Started watching this on the basis of this thread. It is indeed amazing. I forever put my trust in you Jack.

+Quote Post
p a v
post Apr 18 2011, 03:56 PM
Post #14

QUOTE(JΛRK @ Apr 18 2011, 07:38 PM) *
OH MY LORD. I just finished watching the season 1 finale and I'm honest to god hyperventilating. THEY CANNOT LEAVE US HANGING LIKE THAT. I'm going to have to race straight onto season 2. Also I think I actually squealed out loud when Kalinda and the FBI totty did the lezza love in the storage unit. Best frigging programme on US TV.

I couldn't start watching the season 2 yesterday as well as it was late and i needed to go to work today etc. etc. so yeah same here.

ARE YOU OKAY JARK? YOU SOUND LIKE YOU'VE BEEN RUNNING.

+Quote Post
Silas
post Apr 18 2011, 11:44 PM
Post #15
Queen of Soon
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 3,474

Tvbythenumbers.com just posted an article reckoning that this is going to get a two season pick up.

+Quote Post
p a v
post Apr 19 2011, 02:43 PM
Post #16

OMFG. I R DEAD.

+Quote Post
jark
post Apr 19 2011, 03:13 PM
Post #17

QUOTE(Pavel @ Apr 18 2011, 04:56 PM) *
ARE YOU OKAY JARK? YOU SOUND LIKE YOU'VE BEEN RUNNING.

I HOWLED.

Where are you up to Pavlov dear? I'm starting on Season 2 tonight. Excitement...

+Quote Post
▲▲▲
post Apr 19 2011, 03:33 PM
Post #18
INVITE ME TO YOUR SYNAGOGUE
Member No.: 155
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Silas @ Apr 19 2011, 12:44 AM) *
Tvbythenumbers.com just posted an article reckoning that this is going to get a two season pick up.

HURRAH. Let's hope they make it official so I can finally sleep at night. Also, I'm loving the sudden interest from everyone! I never understood why people weren't discussing it on here. YO TOOK UR TIME.

+Quote Post
p a v
post Apr 19 2011, 04:53 PM
Post #19

QUOTE(JΛRK @ Apr 19 2011, 07:13 PM) *

I HOWLED.

Where are you up to Pavlov dear? I'm starting on Season 2 tonight. Excitement...

In the middle of the s02e04! dance.gif

I love Leela... oh sorry, Kalinda more with each episode. kink.gif

Episode numero 6 has something very interesting by the way, something we didn't see in the season 1 but SHOULD HAVE! ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
jark
post Apr 19 2011, 09:12 PM
Post #20

Just watched 201. Not quite up to the standard of the last half of season 1 but it had its moments. I'm not sure about this new partner yet. I think having Carey pop up to argue for the prosecution on all of Alicia's cases could become clichéd fast so I hope they find other ways of using him. Eli Gold and Jackie Florrick are my latest favourite supporting characters and their relationship is dynamite. Eli always looks like a sheepish little child when he has to go to her for advice and she inevitably shows him how it's done. Love it!

+Quote Post

29 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:47 PM