BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
35 Pages V  « < 24 25 26 27 28 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Cor Lupus | Official National Thread, #BJSC164 | ☀️ Crimson Sun - Neon Lights ☀️
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Jade
post 6th October 2019, 03:50 PM
Post #501
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Well done Cody *.* I was shook that you leapfrogged me at the very last second but it made the results show all the more exciting, so that was fun from a hosting perspective!

I enjoyed reading the stats (bonus JadaLupus one: off the top of my head this is at least the second time we've finished right next to each other and in the top 3 at that! Because who could forget you winning with 'Cruel Summer' and me coming 2nd with 'Sinking') + I'm hyped to hear your Halloween entry.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 19th October 2019, 04:44 AM
Post #502
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

I’m afraid that I’m falling’ in love...

Sponsored by

i_o | Ghost In The Machine

Okay sure this is kinda cheap. But still, what better way to celebrate AQ'ing in Halloween than with another spooky season themed entry? This is the most polished spooky entry we've sent since our first Halloween entry, Charlie's "Ghosts". Unlike that entry, he's not Canadian (despite being signed to a label founded by a Canadian artist). It's a crisp dance entry, pretty much resembling that of deadmau5 himself. The aesthetics, however, SCREAM spooky season. A fallen angel theme mixed in with some Ghost In The Shell references, this video brings forth a new form of the usual spookiness in the annual Halloween entry.

Which brings us to another noteworthy topic: The AQ curse. We've never had a successful AQ with Way Of Life coming bottom 5 and The Deep & The Dark coming 31st. Will this change everything?

#CorLupusEvolved #BJSC119

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 3rd November 2019, 03:51 PM
Post #503
Group icon

BJSC 119 | i_o - Ghost In The Machine | 8th (222 points)

At last one of our AQ’s has become a hit!

3rd top 10 in a row and fifth top 10 this year! It’s so far blowing 2017 out of the water despite that early year floppage.

I think more dance in the future? idk that’s all the potentials I have right now

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 23rd November 2019, 06:58 AM
Post #504
Group icon

Sponsored by

Alok & Zafrir | Vale Vale

Here we go. After a last minute reconfirmation from another (most likely safer) house track, we're ending the year (and the 2010's!) with an anthemic stadium filler. Earlier in the year we had Brazilian producer Alok on the potential spotlight with his collab with Timmy Trumpet, "Metaphor". This track, a collab with Isreali hotshot Zafrir, is somewhat in the same vein, with more of a World Cup feel. If you're looking for a tech dance/psy trance-esque with tribal chants and children singing, then this is for you.

Unfortunately this is in the pop semi so we're bracing for the worst. Best case scenario this somehow makes it through and performs well. Worst case scenario that's three years of momentum down the drain. Fingers crossed.

(on a more positive note I think the banners are looking much better lol)

#CorLupusEvolved #BJSC120

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 28th November 2019, 06:58 PM
Post #505
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

Not in the same semi but throwing hype at this. Extremely good, not too dissimilar to your WorldVision submission.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 28th November 2019, 09:26 PM
Post #506
Group icon

bye guys, see you whenever

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 20th January 2020, 11:40 AM
Post #507
Group icon

I don’t want sleep, I wanna talk deep all night...

b j s c 1 2 1 • e n t r y

E^ST - Talk Deep

we’re starting off the decade as a flop country

and we got vetoed so this is the backup

this is our redemption story

this will probably flop too but whatever

last contest never happened

#EndCorLupusRacism

#CorLupusEvolved #BJSC121

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 25th February 2020, 04:09 PM
Post #508
Group icon

b j s c 1 2 2 • e n t r y

Markus Schulz - Ave Maria (feat. HAILENE)

is this the end?

can miracles still happen?

or is it over for us?

say your prayers

#PrayForCorLupus

#CorLupusEvolved #BJSC122

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 25th February 2020, 04:23 PM
Post #509
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666

This is so euphoric omg wub.gif

I love it.

Wish Dan was in semi 2 as well and represent the dance bloc along you, Dobago, Thelonia and myself biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
danG
post 25th February 2020, 10:29 PM
Post #510
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

as a former Thermo's hot hits top 20 smash I'm definitely behind this! surprised it took this long for Haliene to pop up in BJSC again too with the large amount of songs she's featured on over the years.

+Quote this post
Travis
post 25th February 2020, 11:20 PM
Post #511
Group icon
hi
User: 22,135

This reminds me a lot of “I Miss You” by DHT, and I’m loving that. Wishing you a successful time in the semi!

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 26th February 2020, 11:06 PM
Post #512
Group icon

thanks so much for the support you guys heart.gif

with this entry it’s almost like I’m giving myself an ultimatum. after talk deep dnq’d I just kinda lost all passion for the contest. the songs were good and I was actually able to vote but i didn’t feel like I was having fun with it. like normally I would put a lot of effort into voting and everything else but then last month I voted late and was just like “ok here are the votes bye”, I didn’t fill out the commentary section on the form like i did the last two times we had a form to vote on.

I discovered this track while I was at the Philippines, and I found myself liking it enough to get creative with it. I mapped out a concept and I soon found myself getting back into the swing of things. My 50th anniversary entry is already chosen. but in the back of my mind there’s this voice telling me “maybe you need to take a break and figure things out because what if you put in this effort just to get disappointed again?” It was almost like the magnetic pull of the contest was there and strong as ever but my apathy was fighting back. I needed a Hail Mary.

I got the Cor Lupus name from Latin. Ave Maria is Hail Mary in Latin. And this is a Hail Mary.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 5th March 2020, 07:49 PM
Post #513
Group icon

we’re back, but is Cor lupus really back?

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 12th March 2020, 03:14 AM
Post #514
Group icon

Countdown To #CorLupus50: You’re Only As Good As Your Last Performance

It all started with a decision to enter BJSC, a first entry with a catchy pop song, only to nearly come bottom 10 in our first final. In a new age where the competition got tougher, the stakes were higher, and the debuts were more prominent, it was a tough pill to swallow. We didn’t start off our career with a bang, nor did we establish ourselves as an underdog. We were just middle of the road. We had to work our way up and prove ourselves to every single country out on that stage.

So with each entry we had to fight. We went through high highs and low lows, developed fanbases, kinships, and a love of the game that we never thought was possible, broke records and blew minds, learned about humility and prosperity, built our reputation from the ground up, had to watch it be destroyed and pick up the pieces of what was left, and it all led to a simple question; “where are we now?”

The most recent contest’s results had Ave María place 21st. Out of 39 entries, it wasn’t a total loss but also not a grand slam. It didn’t land in hit territory, but it didn’t feel like a huge flop. It was middle of the road. It was “good enough”.

In context we’ve had it rough the past couple months. We had a long period of success only to follow that with a DNQ streak, which pulled morale down to an all time low. We needed a comeback, something to put us on the map again. What we ended up getting was purgatory, a difficult spot to exit. Frowning about it makes us seem ungrateful, celebrating it makes us seem content with being “good enough”. We’re grateful, but I don’t want to feel that we’re just “good enough”.

We see Cor Lupus back to square one: proving ourselves once again.

The phrase “you’re only as good as your last performance” has been echoed several times in the reality series Dance Moms. It teaches people to not rest on their laurels, to continue to work harder even if they felt like they matched their goals. I think this statement is truer now more than ever. Will we only be known as a “middle of the road” country? Not with the legends but not one of the underdogs, one destined to fade into the void? What is our legacy? This next chapter might probably be the biggest.

Our 50th entry is as of now, locked and loaded. And it has been a LONG journey to get to this point. So to all the acts who had represented us, to all the fans who have been there through thick and thin, to the countries who created the best discoveries throughout the years, to our fellow #ClassOf74 countries, those who stayed and those who are no longer with us, and to everyone who has made these contests possible... thank you.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 12th March 2020, 03:20 AM
Post #515
Group icon

Which brings me to...

Don’t wait, save me if you’re ready, love...

#CorLupusEvoled #BJSC123

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 12th March 2020, 11:39 AM
Post #516
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

I admire your passion I must say! Ave Maria was great too smile.gif unlucky to just miss "hit territory"

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 26th March 2020, 10:01 PM
Post #517
Group icon

Don’t break, baby it will bury us...

b j s c 1 2 3 • e n t r y
Sponsored by

The Naked And Famous - Bury Us

Providing our 50th anniversary by finally self-recycling!

And with new sponsorship from Quibi, the app that provides bite sized viewing for your pleasure!

Will the wolves be coming out of BJSC hibernation after a harsh winter season?

#CorLupusEvolved #BJSC123

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 3rd April 2020, 10:50 PM
Post #518
Group icon

QUOTE(Codester X @ Mar 5 2020, 12:49 PM) *
we’re back, but is Cor lupus really back?
we qualified again but I don’t want to have to be cheap and give everyone an ultimatum just to do well, that’s not necessary at all </3

In other news RIP ago Aeroche who sent Tchami’s “Ghosts” which really should have qualified, as well as BJSC thinking Flynnonda is Spanish for “bed” and that’s why they sleep on them

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 5th April 2020, 03:40 PM
Post #519
Group icon

We have a Spotify playlist now!

They ain't here:
BJSC 88 | Nhato f/Sasi - Way Of Life
BJSC 92 | HALEM - Unstoppable

What’s been your favorite over the years? What do you want from us next?

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 5th April 2020, 04:08 PM
Post #520
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403

CRUEL SUMMER >>>>>>>>>>>>

+Quote this post

35 Pages V  « < 24 25 26 27 28 > »