BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
55 Pages V  « < 44 45 46 47 48 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 𝔛 Bøtanikkä 𝔛 National Thread, Anna Prior - Tech Não for BJSC163
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Addy!
post Sep 20 2018, 12:05 AM
Post #901
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 2,666

:hello:

Hi BJSC nations, I am about to give announcement regarding the future of Bøtanikkä wub.gif

As much as I love everything about the BJSC and seriously I never ever thought I will ever consider quitting, it's time for us to get a break from participating. I will stick till BJSC 110 just so I can hit that mile stone of 100 entries, but after that definitely I will take a hiatus.

I can't guarantee if it's going to be forever or I will keep pop in every now and then, but my life has changed drastically (in a good way, trust me) since I joined Alaska Airlines. I have this opportunity to travel anywhere and I want to fully take advantage of that. With that being said, between work, gym, life and frequent travel, it become a struggle and very hard to fit the BJSC and I barely find time to listen properly to entries and let alone giving a 2nd or 3rd listen as I always used to. I feel bad that last contests I missed deadline and even more so I can't vote in Masquerade just because I couldn't find time to listen to all entries within deadline. Sincere apologies to host.

I am really proud of my nation and the sound I carried and I hope you all enjoyed my entries I presented. There were times I was cheap but I believe majority were in the spirit of contest.

A big Thank You to all of you who supported Bøtanikkä all these years and I will see you in 109 and 110 wink.gif <3
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BridgeCow
post Sep 20 2018, 06:00 AM
Post #902
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,860
   No Gallery Pics

Aw Addy heart.gif sad to hear this but it’s perfectly understandable!! I hope you do still pop in every now and then when you have enough free time!!

+Quote Post
Dobbo
post Sep 20 2018, 08:01 AM
Post #903
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

Obviously I'm gutted you'll be leaving (in any form) but it's great to hear things are going well for you biggrin.gif If you don't have either the time nor enthusiasm for the contest anymore then it's a fair reason to step back. I do also hope you'll pop back in with the occasional tune of life!

+Quote Post
Addy!
post Mar 31 2019, 10:44 PM
Post #904
BuzzJack Legend

Yeah hiatus never really happened oops blush.gif

After surpring top 10 hit last edition with 'Do It' by Ilkay Sencan aka 'My Neck, My Back' by Khia, this time we send another song that contains lyrics about cunnilingus kink.gif

+Quote Post
Brer
post Mar 31 2019, 10:59 PM
Post #905
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 8,300

I never really believed you'd go on hiatus anyway magic.gif

(in all seriousness glad you have had the time to continue entering ~ and I think I remember you playing this song on plug a while ago, was quite a bop iirc xx)

+Quote Post
Addy!
post May 4 2019, 03:52 PM
Post #906
BuzzJack Legend

BJSC 114

QUOTE(danG @ May 1 2019, 10:41 PM) *
SEMI FINAL ONE

++

02. Bøtanikkä :: Dance 2 Trance ~ Power Of American Natives

ABOUT: Dance 2 Trance were a German techno[citation needed] duo composed of Rolf Ellmer and DJ Dag Lerner.[1] They had a small number of hit singles in the mid 1990s and were associated with Jam & Spoon.
FIRST APPEARANCE:

+Quote Post
Addy!
post Jun 9 2019, 04:58 PM
Post #907
BuzzJack Legend

The Summer Is Magic in BJSC 115!

"The Summer Is Magic" is a song by Italian Eurodance group Corona kink.gif Playahitty.

talian singer "Giovanna Bersola", better known by her stage name Jenny B, provided the lead vocals for the song, as well as for the 1993 hit "The Rhythm of the Night", of the Eurodance Corona music group[1]. For this reason it's still believed that "The Summer is Magic" was another hit song by "Corona".

Enjoy it <3

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Jun 12 2019, 10:33 AM
Post #908
Hello?
Member No.: 116
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Addy K!ng @ Jun 9 2019, 05:58 PM) *
Italian singer "Giovanna Bersola", better known by her stage name Jenny B, provided the lead vocals for the song, as well as for the 1993 hit "The Rhythm of the Night", of the Eurodance Corona music group[1]. For this reason it's still believed that "The Summer is Magic" was another hit song by "Corona".

Had never heard this before but it's great! Though if this isn't Corona, it's a wonder how they got away with releasing this song without attracting a lawsuit, that riff is almost exactly the same as The Rhythm Of The Night!

Reminds me of how this track sounds suspiciously familiar to Set You Free, even down to the post-chorus breakdown laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Addy!
post Jun 13 2019, 02:39 AM
Post #909
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(gooddelta @ Jun 12 2019, 12:33 PM) *
Had never heard this before but it's great! Though if this isn't Corona, it's a wonder how they got away with releasing this song without attracting a lawsuit, that riff is almost exactly the same as The Rhythm Of The Night!

Reminds me of how this track sounds suspiciously familiar to Set You Free, even down to the post-chorus breakdown laugh.gif

IKR!

I feel like most of 90's eurodance acts went through some lawsuits because of vocals being provided by others etc etc...Jenny B did 'Rhythm Of The Night' but she never was credited and the woman who appears in the video is Brazilian singer Olga Souza...and let's not forget Milli Vanilli lol.

And omg that does really sound like Set You Free ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Addy!
post Sep 19 2019, 02:03 PM
Post #910
BuzzJack Legend

We got another top 10 hit with Tamia cheer.gif

Now let's get to BJSC 118.

Ayla - Angelfalls (Elemental Force)

+Quote Post
Addy!
post Oct 20 2019, 03:43 PM
Post #911
BuzzJack Legend

Australian-born, Los Angeles-based producer Kito has worked with people like Jorja Smith, Hudson Mohawke, and Trinidad James. And now, for her latest single “Wild Girl,” she’s teaming up with another creator of left-of-center electronic pop music: Lorely Rodriguez, who straddles the worlds of DIY indie and mainstream pop under the name Empress Of. “I’m a wild girl in the wild, in the fire/ Gather me from one place or another,” Rodriguez sings over Kito’s burbling synths. “Loving is enough with a kiss, with a kiss/ Gather me from one place or another.” Listen below.

Source: Stereogum

+Quote Post
Addy!
post Feb 25 2020, 10:03 PM
Post #912
BuzzJack Legend

From Wiki:

"Bla Bla Bla" is a song written and recorded by Italian DJ Gigi D'Agostino. It was released in May 1999 as the third single from the album, L'Amour Toujours.

The song also featured a popular music video, which was made by Andreas Hykade, in the style of La Linea. The music video shows a boy with a floating head and no arms walking toward what appears to be a shark that multiplies itself and can change direction. This style was also used in "The Riddle", another song by Gigi D'Agostino, originally by British singer Nik Kershaw.

Enjoy it.

+Quote Post
Dobbo
post Feb 25 2020, 10:08 PM
Post #913
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

Big love to this of course! I think The Riddle is even better but good to see Gigi in BJSC.

+Quote Post
Travis
post Feb 25 2020, 11:17 PM
Post #914
hi
Member No.: 22,135

I have no idea how I already know this song, but I do! Sending you some hype for this one cheer.gif

+Quote Post
✖ leww ✖
post Feb 25 2020, 11:19 PM
Post #915
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 9,403

a classic!

+Quote Post
Addy!
post Feb 26 2020, 03:25 AM
Post #916
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Dobbo @ Feb 25 2020, 11:08 PM) *
Big love to this of course! I think The Riddle is even better but good to see Gigi in BJSC.

cheer.gif

I agree but original The Riddle was entered in BJSC so that wouldn't go through veto process.

QUOTE(travis @ Feb 26 2020, 12:17 AM) *
I have no idea how I already know this song, but I do! Sending you some hype for this one cheer.gif

Yesss wub.gif

QUOTE(Cucumberella @ Feb 26 2020, 12:19 AM) *
a classic!

A classic that strangely never got released or became a hit in UK...or was it released but UK wasn't a right market!!!

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Feb 26 2020, 08:02 AM
Post #917
Hello?
Member No.: 116
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Addy K!ng @ Feb 26 2020, 03:25 AM) *
A classic that strangely never got released or became a hit in UK...or was it released but UK wasn't a right market!!!

I think it was but just had no promo here. I first heard of it on a UK compilation released in summer 2000, Fresh Hits Volume 2.

I guess maybe they planned to push it and it never happened, which is a shame. It was a #1 in my chart back then <3

+Quote Post
Addy!
post Mar 26 2020, 08:21 PM
Post #918
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(RobBot @ Mar 26 2020, 08:55 PM) *

Song: Adiemus
Artist: Adiemus

Ever keen to delve back into the archives, Botanikka has chosen to send Adiemus with their self titled effort to the contest this time round. Honestly, I couldn't find anything for this entry that wasn't linking me to some Karl Jenkins orchestral thing so... enjoy and good luck to Botanikka and the ever supportive Addy!

QUOTE(Oricon @ Mar 26 2020, 09:01 PM) *
Daehun's top points might potentially go to Adiemus....my childhood memories of the animated biblical series *_*

Enjoy some Karl Jenkins orchestral and animated biblical thing wub.gif

This post has been edited by isolAddy!: Mar 26 2020, 08:23 PM

+Quote Post
NocheLuna
post Mar 28 2020, 06:25 PM
Post #919
Meh.
Member No.: 24,695
   No Gallery Pics

"Adiemus" really is everything that I want from a new age-esque/ambient sounding song, and the vocalization throughout the song is so so lovely wub.gif . Hoping this does well for you!

+Quote Post
Addy!
post Mar 28 2020, 06:58 PM
Post #920
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(NocheLuna @ Mar 28 2020, 07:25 PM) *
"Adiemus" really is everything that I want from a new age-esque/ambient sounding song, and the vocalization throughout the song is so so lovely wub.gif . Hoping this does well for you!

Thanks cheer.gif

I knew that you might be on board with this...I even thought you might have been sent it as well but that's just because it has Lotunia sound to it!!!

+Quote Post

55 Pages V  « < 44 45 46 47 48 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:07 AM