BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Binge-TV Recommendations
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Klaus
post 21st March 2020, 05:10 PM
Post #1
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160
Found this article from the Guardian listing lots of recommendations for anyone looking for TV shows to binge whilst we’re social distancing!

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/20...-watch-tv-shows

Lots of great shows there for me! Search Party is particularly a great underrated show - it’s like an American End of the f***ing World!

What are your recommendations?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 21st March 2020, 05:25 PM
Post #2
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160
I would personally add The Office US as the perfect show at a time like this - loads of episodes and a great bit of light relief. So greatly crafted with great characters and lots of, not easter eggs, but more disguised funny moments!

I’m currently listening to the Office Ladies podcast (by Pam & Angela from the show) so doing a weird one episode a week binge watch as they do an episode a week.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 21st March 2020, 05:38 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 18,293
It has a silly premise but if you need some light relief I would certainly recommend watching the 1st season of 'American Vandal' on Netflix. The best mockumentary I've ever seen.

The 2nd season is brilliant also but is about a illness that effects a school so maybe not the best time to watch that.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 22nd March 2020, 05:08 AM
Post #4
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
my stereotypical first one is 'get into anime'. Perfect shows to binge that most people would enjoy without needing to be 'into' into anime are Attack On Titan (action/suspense), Death Note (thriller), Steins;Gate (thriller), Psycho Pass (dystopian cop show), My Hero Academia (superheros), One Punch Man (comedy superheros), Konosuba (a sitcom but in an anime fantasy world), Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (if you're feeling ready for... a constantly evolving story that I could describe as Indiana Jones evolving into X-Men and with the creativity of a madman).

my other go-to is 'get into Star Trek', which, if you've ever enjoyed sci-fi allegories and cerebral discussions on society, then 90s Trek holds up very well. Try a couple of episodes of Next Generation ('A Measure Of A Man' is a great first episode to really show off its strengths, you can watch that, then 'Q Who', then, as the show is episodic and you're free to avoid bad episodes, start from season 3, after which it's mostly great, skipping the rest of the first two mostly average seasons). Plus the spinoff Deep Space Nine is an entirely different beast, a more modern arc-based show with plenty of highly effective war pieces.

I'm going to save that article, plenty of shows there I want to watch and/or re-watch. Parks & Recreation is fantastic of course and anyone who hasn't seen it should get on that. Good memories with Fresh Meat and hell that article is on point with Years And Years being a little on the nose, but such a good short series.

Also The West Wing is real good (if a bit snooty) if you want a bit more political stuff after The Thick Of It/Veep, because I love that stuff.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 30th March 2020, 09:33 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
Hold up, every series of The Story of Tracy Beaker is now on iPlayer: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b006...of-tracy-beaker

I know how I'm spending my quarantine.

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post 30th March 2020, 09:44 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12,837
Currently binging The Outsider on HBO. SO good and super exciting. If you like dark crime shows but also creepy Stephen King shows I highly recommend.

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post 30th March 2020, 10:59 AM
Post #7
Group icon
A dead mouse (from my cat)
User: 67,771
QUOTE(Liam.k. @ Mar 30 2020, 10:33 AM) *
Hold up, every series of The Story of Tracy Beaker is now on iPlayer: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b006...of-tracy-beaker

I know how I'm spending my quarantine.

It's been there since about last summer now, already watched through once laugh.gif

(probably time to do it again)

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 30th March 2020, 11:03 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
QUOTE(WhoOdyssey @ Mar 30 2020, 11:59 AM) *
It's been there since about last summer now, already watched through once laugh.gif

(probably time to do it again)

The media are very slow on reporting it then! :')

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 05:05 PM