BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)
If you have forgotten your password and a recovery email has not arrived, please click here to send us an email.

22 Pages V  « < 20 21 22  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> BJSC 152 Results, Broadcasting live from Sorcia!
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Cody Nedoroscik
post 5th March 2023, 06:58 PM
Post #421
Group icon
Act like an angel and dress like crazy
User: 21,308

quick Chez open up the next contest while I’ve made up my mind on what to send 😂
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 6th March 2023, 04:04 PM
Post #422
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

Oh wow many congrats Chez! Didn't have this entry as a contender at all what with it being so niche. Is it the first drum & bass winner since Delta Heavy - Ghost?

That's only the third time my 18-pointer has ever won (only coming just over a year after the second time) so here's hoping this average is on the way up in the future. And a good job it did as the rest of the top 10 was... not to my tastes at all to put it politely kink.gif (I only gave one other song any points and that was only a +2).

Many thanks to both hosts who were great!

+Quote this post
152chris
post 6th March 2023, 07:37 PM
Post #423
Group icon
down with jakewild
User: 10,105

omggg chez congrats ! an historic bjsc moment, and with a really great song too.

+Quote this post
152chris
post 6th March 2023, 07:40 PM
Post #424
Group icon
down with jakewild
User: 10,105

QUOTE(Harve @ Mar 4 2023, 01:05 AM) *
I didn't hype this at all but Somewhere Near Marseille is song of the (last) year territory and therefore there could be a lot worse than 7th but it would never be good enough !! Buuut I'm glad Chez got his first win, which I also gave a healthy dose of points to.

QUOTE(blacksquare @ Mar 5 2023, 02:05 PM) *
I hadn't really paid attention to Hikaru Utada for years so to be reintroduced to her with 'Somewhere Near Marseilles'... damn, it's been a long time since I have listened to something that feels like it was made just for my tastes. Anything vaguely reminiscent of Roisin Murphy and especially Mirwais sounding puts me in an immediate tizzy. Thanks N DNTN!

thanks folx. so happy to have had success (finally!) with it too, as it has to be my favourite song of last year too. check out the whole album if you haven’t already !

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post 7th March 2023, 10:44 AM
Post #425
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12,837

QUOTE(Jade @ Mar 4 2023, 02:34 PM) *
Oh that hurts cry.gif laugh.gif

(glad you liked my song though, Jafet! heart.gif)

Sadly this marks the third time I give you very high points but they don't really count (the first and second one were when I gave top pts to Tennis Fan and Let You Go, unfortunately just in the Best Of contest rather than the real thing as I didn't participate in those editions cry.gif )

+Quote this post
RabbitFurCoat
post 7th March 2023, 10:02 PM
Post #426
Group icon
IncredibleSquirrel
User: 118

Didn't get round to commenting properly at the weekend, just chance to catch what the results were. Like others have said, this was a fantastic top 2, the winner grew with each listen and Voryva was superb from the first time I heard it.

Really pleased to finish so high up with Kevin, 2nd best finish in the last 20 contests so great to see. Delighted it proved to be so popular, thought it might do well but I've thought that with plenty of other entries that haven't, nice to have received so many medal positions, and as many as 11 double figure scores, loved getting an Aeroche 18 wub.gif

This post has been edited by RabbitFurCoat: 7th March 2023, 10:03 PM

+Quote this post

22 Pages V  « < 20 21 22
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd September 2024, 10:01 PM