BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Avengers: Endgame, April 2019.
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Popchartfreak
post 29th April 2019, 03:56 PM
Post #61
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

QUOTE(blacksquare @ Apr 28 2019, 11:27 PM) *
Is anyone going to care about a prequel when we all know what happens to her? It's an odd choice. I really hope it isn't about her and Hawkeye...

It will be I bet - they mention it in the film.....
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
danG
post 29th April 2019, 04:36 PM
Post #62
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

Looking back it does seem rather odd that they killed off Black Widow instead of Hawkeye if she's supposedly getting a solo film. Would've been more emotional having Hawkeye lose his family in-front of his eyes and then his family returning 5 years later to find he's dead too. I'm not really a fan of either character though.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 29th April 2019, 09:45 PM
Post #63
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

I'm not spoilering anything and neither should anybody else - anyone that browses in to this thread that has not seen the film is stupid. I avoided it until I just have done and reading 2 pages worth of spoiler tags is not fun let me tell you that!

Great film - I also don't really get the time travel logic. But I'm not even sure the writers do. I feel that them taking the piss out of it with Back to Future references etc. was a way of teling us to dispend our logic and just go with it. That's what I am doing, otherwise I could be here for hours going through the 'what-ifs' etc.

I didn't really get the point of the Black Widow character in general, but I feel her death was used as a shock value. I expected Hawkeye to sacrafice himself, as I am sure most of the audience will have done. So for Black Widow to do it, I feel that was a shock value twist.

Iron Man likewise.. I'll be honest I thought it was Capt that was gonna go and not Tony. In hindsight it's spelt out there all along that he would die and presumably his daughter will be come Iron Woman eventually if we're still around in Phase 7.. still it was an emotional exit for a character that kickstarted the franchise.

+Quote this post
post 30th April 2019, 10:53 AM
Post #64
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

Yeah I agree. We don’t need spoiler tags anymore. It’d be silly to join the thread at this point without seeing it.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 30th April 2019, 11:53 AM
Post #65
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

QUOTE(Rooney @ Apr 29 2019, 10:45 PM) *
Great film - I also don't really get the time travel logic. But I'm not even sure the writers do. I feel that them taking the piss out of it with Back to Future references etc. was a way of teling us to dispend our logic and just go with it. That's what I am doing, otherwise I could be here for hours going through the 'what-ifs' etc..

That’s what anmoys me though, don’t use it as the crux of such a big film if it’s used without much thought and as a convient plot resolver in the same way as ‘a wizard did it’

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 1st May 2019, 02:07 AM
Post #66
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

I just realized that the scene where all the female heroes come to back up Captain Marvel was a nod to the A-Force comics

+Quote this post
PaulM1983
post 1st May 2019, 07:17 AM
Post #67
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 6,471

QUOTE(PaulM1983 @ Mar 3 2019, 03:29 PM) *
My guess after watching the 2nd trailer is that (after Tony records his message and thinks he's going to die) him and Nebula find a way to fix the ship, restore power and get back to earth.

I think that's what the remaining Avengers are looking up to sky to see when they're standing outside the compound in the trailer.

As for who's going to bite the big one, I can't see past Cap sacrificing himself - either in a way to bring all the decimated people back or in a last ditch attempt to deliver the final blow to Thanos.

I know this is just speculation on my part but I'll spoiler it anyway just so as not to upset anyone - We already know Captain Marvel is the most powerful hero in the MCU, so I suspect they'll come up with a way for Thanos to somehow weaken her a little (perhaps using the power stone to absorb her power?). Otherwise, there would be no suspense - as it stands, she could literally demolish him.

I also think that Scott has stumbled upon a way to move between time periods while he was in the Quantum Realm, and they'll use that to revisit the past events of the other movies, that would give them different opportunities to change something or do something to the stones. They could even make a Gauntlet of their own maybe. Thor or Captain Marvel could certainly be powerful enough to wield it.

Also (and finally) There has to be something involving Dr Strange and the time stone. He wouldn't willingly give it up unless there was a way back. Could he have created a spell that means that everything that happened didn't even occur in the real timeline and Thanos isn't aware of it?

Even if that none of that actually comes to be, I honestly don't think I've ever been this excited for a movie. This is it. This is the movie event of my lifetime. I feel so invested in this universe and these characters - I'm going to be an emotional wreck.

They were my predictions with spoiler tags removed. Some were close, some not quite as much. I was nearly there with Thanos getting Carol weakened with the Power Stone though.

Nailed it with getting the past stones and making another gauntlet though.

I've now seen it 3 times. It's extraordinary. I won't ever tire of that last battle. From the moment we approach Thor, looking out at Thanos, to the final snap, it's stupidly exhilarating and devastating.

+Quote this post
Vülker
post 2nd May 2019, 11:08 PM
Post #68
Group icon
üüü barracüda
User: 10,222

A week on and it's already the fifth highest grossing movie of all time. Insane. Forbes says it'll likely surpass Titanic by Sunday.

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 3rd May 2019, 02:31 AM
Post #69
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666

I am sure it will surpass Avatar 2.8 billion record too!!!

+Quote this post
PaulM1983
post 3rd May 2019, 08:52 AM
Post #70
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

Avatar's record will fall. That's all but certain now. It could potentially be at $2.3bn worldwide by the end of the weekend. And that's in less than 2 weeks. This thing is going to fly past $3bn.

+Quote this post
Slick
post 4th May 2019, 11:29 AM
Post #71
Group icon
electric butterflies
Pronouns: he/him
User: 70

QUOTE(Slick @ Apr 27 2019, 01:30 PM) *
I saw this on Thursday and I'm seeing it again today. The first half was a lot slower than I anticipated, whereas Infinity War was just action from start to finish. I wasn't prepared for the massive change of pace. However the second half more than made up for it and the last 30/45 minutes was genuinely the most exciting and thrilling piece of cinema! There are so many 'omg' moments crammed into such a short space.

I can't stop thinking about the female Avengers teaming up and Scarlet Witch's 'You will' line before she starts deconstructing Thanos.

+Quote this post
Slick
post 4th May 2019, 11:30 AM
Post #72
Group icon
electric butterflies
Pronouns: he/him
User: 70

I want to see this film at the cinema for the third time, but only the last 45 minutes.

+Quote this post
Nightcrawler
post 4th May 2019, 08:42 PM
Post #73
Group icon
All I need is the air I breathe and a place to rest my head.
User: 1,109

QUOTE(Slick @ May 4 2019, 12:30 PM) *
I want to see this film at the cinema for the third time, but only the last 45 minutes.

I'm going for the third time on Monday laugh.gif

I totally agree with you about the change of pace compared with Infinity War, but I found the second viewing much more emotional than the first one (probably because I knew what was coming).

Really, I need Captain Marvel and Endgame out on DVD now so I can watch all 22 films back to back without leaving the house...

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 4th May 2019, 09:37 PM
Post #74
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

I found that my 3rd viewing was actually my favourite. I kinda purposely did a back to back of IW and Endgame though. The change of pace is needed imo. Might've been a bit overkill had it been IW pt 2.

+Quote this post
Vülker
post 5th May 2019, 04:57 PM
Post #75
Group icon
üüü barracüda
User: 10,222

Avengers: Endgame” Just Beat The $2.12 Billion Box Office Record Set By “Titanic

cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 5th May 2019, 10:03 PM
Post #76
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

Considering it’s not standalone in the slightest, it certainly will be an.. odd film (looking at this film exclusively) to have as the highest grossing ever, but it is perfect in another way with it being the culmination of a such a massive part of the film world of the last 10 years and doing something no other movie studio has attempted on such a grand scale.

And I’m sure it’ll be nice to have something that will actually be remembered 5 years later.

+Quote this post
Nightcrawler
post 6th May 2019, 04:47 PM
Post #77
Group icon
All I need is the air I breathe and a place to rest my head.
User: 1,109

I’ve just got back from seeing it for the third time and I have a question that has bothered me each time:

When Tony is speaking to his dad in the lift, he seems confused about his mum being pregnant and questions his Dad about how far along she is. Can anyone explain to me what this is about? After all, it is Tony who chooses that particular date (7th April 1970) to go back to, so not really sure of the significance of it all...

If anyone has any thoughts, please let me know!

This post has been edited by Nightcrawler: 6th May 2019, 04:48 PM

+Quote this post
PaulM1983
post 7th May 2019, 12:50 PM
Post #78
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(Nightcrawler @ May 6 2019, 05:47 PM) *
I’ve just got back from seeing it for the third time and I have a question that has bothered me each time:

When Tony is speaking to his dad in the lift, he seems confused about his mum being pregnant and questions his Dad about how far along she is. Can anyone explain to me what this is about? After all, it is Tony who chooses that particular date (7th April 1970) to go back to, so not really sure of the significance of it all...

If anyone has any thoughts, please let me know!

Right, I felt this too. The first time I watched it, I thought he was confused too, as if that couldn't possibly add up if he was the child in question, which led me to - does he have a sibling he never knew about?

But I think the general feeling from what I've read online is that he didn't pick that date with that in mind, only that he knew it was the right time to get both the stone and the particles, and that it was just the realisation that his father was talking about him that made him stop in his tracks.

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 8th May 2019, 10:59 AM
Post #79
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

QUOTE(blacksquare @ Apr 27 2019, 03:01 PM) *
The women all supporting Spider-Man. Yas. Well, except Black Widow.

I have some issues with her death. I understand she was sacrificing herself but having it so early in the film, not making it to the final fight, and then moving on quickly without much fanfare was a shame

After seeing the film a second time, and having more time to sit with the plot... I absolutely hate what they did to Black Widow. She sacrificed herself because she doesn't have a family — unlike superior family man Hawkeye who just spent the past five years murdering people? But his love for his wife and children make it okay and he can be redeemed? Whereas her life has less value because she can't ever have children? The less said about THAT in Age of Ultron, the better. I HATE that they carried that plot-point forward.

They have mistreated her character for years, and this anticlimactic death is just the icing on the cake. Such a massive issue in an otherwise great film.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 19th June 2019, 04:15 PM
Post #80
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

New footage is being reported. Main film is the same but after credit scenes will have a deleted scene, a tribute and a "few surprises".

Hopefully it's true. I wonder if the deleted scene will be Katherine Langford's scene?

+Quote this post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 28th April 2024, 11:50 AM