BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> P!nk vs VMAs
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
troublepink
post 4th September 2015, 05:52 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma
User: 590

P!nk may not have been at the 2015 MTV Video Music Awards this year, but she had a lot to say about the drama-filled event!

In a message reportedly posted to her private Instagram account, the "Try" singer wrote that she "felt embarrassed and sad" by what she saw at the awards show.

"Music is supposed to inspire. It saved my life. This trash won’t save any kids life," she wrote. "In a world that is even scarier and with lives still worth saving, who will stand up and have soul? Disenfranchised to say the least."

While she didn't call out any of the performers directly, she pointed out the only stars who didn't disappoint her.

"Let down by my industry peers. Beside Macklemore and pharell and bieber (pre-sob fest) and the weekend, Tori Kelly was dope too," she continued. "The rest was gross and embarrassing and hard for this aging pop star to believe."

She also tweeted praise for Tori Kelly.

The "rest" included Miley Cyrus, Nicki Minaj and Demi Lovato -- and her fans were quick to start a social media feud.

"I stand by what I said," she wrote. "However, I didn't intend for the angry people of the world to latch on and make it into something it isn't. Peace."

"Please look for a feud elsewhere," she added. "I have no issue with Demi Lovato or anyone else. I actually forgot she performed. I have opinions. MANY."

Despite the singer's efforts to squash a feud, Demi clearly took issue with her comments.

"Cool For The Summer may not 'save kid's lives' or 'inspire' but I'd say Skyscraper & Warrior have done a pretty good job of helping people cope with mental illness," she tweeted on Friday morning. "VMA's are sexy and fun. There's a time and place for everything."

P!nk continued to respond with the following set of tweets:

You know, this is part of why I'm sad about the VMas and the world in general. Everyone is so nasty and waiting for a fight. I never said Anything about Demi Lovato or called out anyone. I was talking to a friend in response to his disappointment about the show. I agree w him. You can make this into whatever you like, cause that's who we are now, I guess. I'm out. In other news, it's gonna be a beautiful day, I hope you look up from your keyboards and enjoy it

http://www.toofab.com/2015/09/04/pink-demi...o-music-awards/
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 4th September 2015, 06:21 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177

Pink comes from the days where celebrity feuds weren't all the rage and things couldnt flare up on social media. She's completely right and I love her for it.

+Quote this post
Regina
post 4th September 2015, 06:28 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

I see no lies tbh, although why does Demi Lovato need to butt her nose in? No need.

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 4th September 2015, 07:05 PM
Post #4
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176

eugh Idek what happened at the VMA's, I haven't watched it and by the sounds of this I'm not sure I will, there's controversy around those awards every year tbh but it sounds like Pink has the right idea.

+Quote this post
Regina
post 4th September 2015, 07:56 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Raining Shitter

"I actually forgot she performed."

poor Demi.

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 5th September 2015, 03:10 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030

Was Demi's a live performance though? Or pre-record?

I am actually disappointed in P!nk. She should have actually applauded Miley's pro-LGBT behaviour.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 5th September 2015, 03:12 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

She probably didn't mean Miley's performance with all the drag queens, I expect she meant the Nicki and Miley fued thing. If it was about the performance she really needs to lighten up to be honest laugh.gif That's just how Miley is, and all music is sexualised now, it's just a general thing. It's part of the industry now, for good or bad. It's certainly not a new thing!

She didn't really have to get involved either though, if she can state her opinion so can the people she is criticising (or supposedly not criticising).

+Quote this post
Regina
post 5th September 2015, 03:15 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Raining Shitter

Everything Miley does is to get attention though, it doesn't scream anything else other than "LOOK AT ME"

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 5th September 2015, 05:58 PM
Post #9
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176

Yea but at least Miley is talking about important social issues, okay sure she maybe doesn't always do it the right way but the effort is there... didn't she go on about homeless youth or get a guy who was homeless to accept an award for her last year at something, I mean that's pretty cool, so she is a good person and supports the right things, I think people have just accepted now that she will do it in a sexualised way a lot of the time laugh.gif

Who doesn't enjoy a bit of controversy now and again tbf? angel.gif

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 5th September 2015, 06:08 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll

I think Pink has just been stating it as it is: pop music is generally shit right now.

+Quote this post
Regina
post 5th September 2015, 06:13 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Raining Shitter

I'd prefer it if she suported causes without looking like a diseased $2 whore kink.gif

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 6th September 2015, 08:27 AM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I'm not shallow enough to be bothered about looks. Miley is leaps ahead of most artists at the moment and for P!nk to "forget" about the biggest production of the night? Okay sure.

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 6th September 2015, 08:41 AM
Post #13
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll

Miley's music is atrocious though.

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 6th September 2015, 09:22 AM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I find her music outstanding personally.

+Quote this post
Regina
post 6th September 2015, 10:34 AM
Post #15
Group icon
Raining Shitter

QUOTE(KWEEN_DEE @ Sep 6 2015, 09:27 AM) *
I'm not shallow enough to be bothered about looks. Miley is leaps ahead of most artists at the moment and for P!nk to "forget" about the biggest production of the night? Okay sure.

What a crock of shit. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 7th September 2015, 12:09 AM
Post #16
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

P!nk was in the wrong here, by singling out performances for being good and shading the other performances, but started to backtrack when she got called out on it.

Oh and Demi's performance was amazing. How she "forgot" about that performance, I don't know. In fact, it's the sort of performance I thought she'd love!

+Quote this post
Regina
post 7th September 2015, 09:06 AM
Post #17
Group icon
Raining Shitter

It's not so much the performances she has problems with, it's the lyrical content and I agree with her. The vast majority of songs these days are all about the same old
things and they sound the same, there's no variety anymore and not alot of songs that have actual meaning to them.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 7th September 2015, 01:45 PM
Post #18
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

So why aim them at the VMAs? It's not them who write the songs and record them laugh.gif

To me, this just seems like she was moaning about certain performances, but then coz she got called out on it (which was obviously going to happen) she decided to backtrack and say it wasn't that at all...

+Quote this post
Regina
post 7th September 2015, 01:49 PM
Post #19
Group icon
Raining Shitter

They hire the acts who appear kink.gif ans they seem to care more about headlines and shock factor than the music.

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 7th September 2015, 06:44 PM
Post #20
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll

The VMAs highlight the music of today by putting a spotlight on it. Pink was watching the VMAs when she decided to call out the terrible music.

And as for backtracking, it seems to me she wants to speak her mind and not have to be involved in a childish social media feud that the young popstars of today thrive on being involved in.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 08:31 PM