BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Spice Girls - Old Reunion Rumours Topic (pre-2007 reunion)
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
De Niro
post 23rd February 2007, 06:54 PM
Post #61
Group icon
"God have mercy on the man who doubts what he's sure of
User: 254

QUOTE(thisispop @ Feb 23 2007, 06:52 PM) *
In my opinion Mel C is the only (former) Spice Girl who has anything left resembling a successful solo music career:

Mel C - First Day Of My Life 2005/6 sold over 950,000 and topped the charts in several (11) European countries - including Spain, Germany, Sweden, Austria, Switzerland and Portugal.

Seems like a nice song, not very instant though, i never would've imagined it would've been #1 in 11 countries. Must be a grower. I never realised it was written by Guy Chambers and Enrique Iglesias ohmy.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Hayzayy
post 23rd February 2007, 07:29 PM
Post #62
Group icon
Who's Daniel btw ?
User: 1,804

QUOTE(Kelly @ Feb 23 2007, 07:15 PM) *
Ugh it's always her. It's not often I agree with Fuller, but as he says, she thinks her solo career is bigger than the group, sorry to burst her bubble but judging by the 30k her last album sold here, nobody cares. Everyone wants a Spice reunion, give the people what they want Mel instead of trying to be a rocker, which you'll never be. Pirate.gif

Erm... she's got the right to have her own life. Because she was a Spice Girl doesn't mean she'll have to be a Spice Girl everytime the others decide to.
She got a lot of succes in Europe, and she wants to continue to prove she's talented and is able to have a good solo career with her own music, which is clearly different to SG music.

+Quote this post
GrAmii
post 23rd February 2007, 07:42 PM
Post #63
Group icon
Imma gonz Blue Waffle ya up bitch!
User: 30

Unlike All Saints, Spice Girls would not disasterously bomb biggrin.gif
I suppose to her, her solo career is more important - she has more control over that and her music whereas the Spice Girls [as amazing as I think they were] were just another manufactured girlgroup.
All I ever wanted tbh was for them to release a one off single to promote a Greatest Hits album and perhaps do a tour - no need for a whole new album or any such. GH album, tour then back to flopping with their solo careers biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
thisispop
post 4th May 2007, 07:19 PM
Post #64
Group icon
I've got an iPod classic and I'm gonna use it!
User: 72

Spice Girls discuss reunion plans?
PA Entertainment

Has Mel been discussing a Spice Girls reunion?
Mel B's been snapped partying in London - but the real reason for her trip was apparently to talk business with the other Spice Girls.

Mel, who gave birth to Angel Iris Murphy Brown in LA last month, was spotted at David Beckham's 32nd birthday party earlier this week where, according to the Sun, she and her former band-mates were discussing a reunion gig.

It seems Emma Bunton, Mel B, Victoria Beckham, Geri Halliwell and Mel C have been offered £1 million each to perform at Wembley Stadium in a one-off gig at Christmas - and Mel C is reportedly the only one left to sign up.

A source said: "Mel B has been telling everyone she was going to London to say happy Birthday to David.

"But the truth is she isn't particularly close to him. She went to the party because she wanted to hang out with the girls and because they had business to discuss. They have been offered a fortune to do the show and they want to do it.

"Mel C is warming up to the idea after meeting up with the girls at the christening of Bluebell Madonna last month.

"Emma is due to give birth to her first baby in the summer which would leave her enough time to get back into shape and rehearse."

Any Comments?

+Quote this post
Martyn
post 4th May 2007, 07:21 PM
Post #65
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 66

Would love for it to be at xmas time if it were to happen as it would mean I should of recovered from my opperation enough to be able to go biggrin.gif but i dunno if the reunion will ever happen

+Quote this post
thisispop
post 4th May 2007, 07:25 PM
Post #66
Group icon

Partying Spice girls become new best friends... again
Daily Mail.co.uk By RICHARD SIMPSON
Last updated at 18:06pm on 4th May 2007

If proof was needed that Victoria Beckham was the real driving force behind husband David's move to a Los Angeles football club, then this was certainly it.

Victoria organised the £100,000 surprise party to celebrate David's 32nd birthday and their move to America - and spent the evening and the next day plotting and planning The Spice Girls' reunion assault on the US.

Spice Girls lead star-studded Beckham birthday bash
Girl Power: Mel and Geri leave the Sanderson hotel hand-in-hand.

Spice Girls reunited: The partying Spice Girls get together once again to discuss, babies, paternity battles - oh and the small matter of a £1million reunion show

And afterwards, the Spice Girls seemed to be as inseparable as ever, with Geri and Mel B spotted leaving the Sanderson Hotel hand-in-hand to go shopping, and Emma joining them later for dinner at The Ivy restaurant in London's West End.

At David's party, Victoria spent much of the night going over her detailed plans for the girl group's reformation in Hollywood.

Mel and Geri leave restaurant The Ivy where they dined with Emma Bunton
A guest at the meal told the Mail: "Victoria told him it was just going to be the parents and his sister Jo for a quiet little dinner.

"But when they got there it was surprise after surprise after surprise as Geri Halliwell, Mel B and Emma Bunton turned up. Then Kelly Hoppen arrived - who is totally Victoria's friend, and Gordon and Tana Ramsay.

"David was already getting quite emotional about Victoria making such an effort for him. He was looking pretty glassy-eyed with everyone telling him how much they would miss him and wishing him happy birthday," said the friend.

But it wasn't long before the former England captain was reduced to tears.

"Victoria was making a speech saying how much she loved him, what an amazing father and husband he was and how she felt blessed to have him in her life, and then when everyone round the table was shouting 'hear, hear', that's when the waterworks started.

"He was blubbing and Victoria threw her arms round him."

But it seems that it was down to business moments later when Victoria gathered together the former girl band members to go over her plans to conquer the US.

"Victoria was saying she wanted her new Los Angeles home to be HQ for The Spice Girls reunion in the US.

"She wanted all four of the others (Melanie Chisholm is apparently also being worked on to reunite) to fly out to join her when they move out for David to start training for LA Galaxy.

"She was saying it would be like a boot camp - and that she was already planning to have a dance studio built in the new house,' said the friend.

The Beckhams arrive at Cipriani

Girl power was back in force with the arrival of Melanie Brown, Emma Bunton and Geri Halliwell. The former Ginger Spice also brought David Walliams along for the night

"She wanted to get the singing back on form and the dance moves together. She was talking of an American tour and even a Christmas No1 in this country.

"But the funny thing was that when it came to singing 'happy birthday' to David, none of them appeared to be able to sing in tune.

"The four of them were belting it out as if they were at Wembley Stadium - but their voices were all over the place.

"Clearly though, they were all keen to get in shape because they barely ate anything all night - though lots of wine was drank. Victoria was slurring her words a bit towards the end of her speech."

But it seems Victoria also went to considerable lengths to make the birthday memorable for David.

The friend said: "She was telling all the girls how she had bought herself some lacy Agent Provocateur underwear which she would model for him in the private jet back to Madrid later that night.

"Victoria was even joking that for David's final birthday present, she would give him a 'special surprise' when they were up in the clouds. Victoria was saying that in the private jet, the pilot cannot see in".

Victoria also had made for David an eternity ring with five inset diamonds - one for him, her and their three boys - to be worn on a platinum chain "next to his heart".

Earlier in the day, Victoria had also treated David to a £14,000 watch, a £4,500 suit, a £1,900 pair of hand-made shoes and £400 worth of designer shirts in a shopping spree costing £20,000.

With the hotel bill of £2,500 at London's new Haymarket Hotel, a restaurant bill of £25,000, a private jet costing £8, 000 each way, the specially-commissioned diamond ring costing £40,000 and drivers and security arranged for the trip, the total bill for David's birthday trip came to more than £100,000.

+Quote this post
thisispop
post 4th May 2007, 07:30 PM
Post #67
Group icon

Spice Girls offered £1million each for reunion show
4 MAY 2007
Hellomagazine.com

They were recently reunited for David Beckham's 32nd birthday celebrations, and there may be another special reason why the former Spice Girls have been seeing a lot of each other recently. A long-rumoured reunion could finally be on the cards for Posh, Scary, Baby, Ginger and Sporty, after they were reportedly offered £1 million each for a one-off gig.

The girls certainly have a lot to talk about at the moment, with Geri Halliwell having recently celebrated the christening of her daughter Bluebell, Melanie Brown becoming a mum and Emma expecting her first child this summer.

New mum Mel B jetted in from LA with baby Angel Iris to attend David's party on Wednesday. She may also have been keen to talk to the other members of the group about plans to do a Las Vegas-style Christmas show, though.

The offer has apparently been on the table for a long time, but while the idea seems to have struck a favourable chord with most of the former Spices, Melanie Chisholm has reportedly been less than enthusiastic. It seems she may be coming round to the idea, however, after meeting up with the girls last month for the christening of Geri's daughter. While top US producer & LA Galaxy soccer supporter Timothy Mosley (Timbaland) has recently expressed a desire to "bring the Spice Girls back".

If the concert goes ahead, it will be the first time the girl-power icons have appeared together on stage since their sell-out 102 date world tour in 1998.

+Quote this post
thisispop
post 4th May 2007, 07:32 PM
Post #68
Group icon

I wonder how long it will take for Melanie C to issue (another) denial? laugh.gif

+Quote this post
David
post 4th May 2007, 09:04 PM
Post #69
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 44

Grrrr Mel C!!! I mean before I saw her point as she is having good success in Germany and all that, but really, one concert back with the Spices would do that no harm, in fact it'd probably boost her solo career too!

+Quote this post
Jack89
post 5th May 2007, 12:09 AM
Post #70
Group icon
Eurovision Chat
User: 84

Mel c will want to reunite soon enough... her career isn't working out too well, this time around AND how fantastic is it to see Mel B back out with the other spice girls, you never see her with them, and especially with geri, who she use to hate... This looks GOOD... especially considering how Mel C is friends with them all anyway! But, just thinking, the 5 of them have never all been seen together since Geri left the spice girls, have they? That's a long time not to see them all together.. they better sooon, especially now mel is in the uk! I like mel's hair in the top photo but it looks weird in one of the further down photos lol

+Quote this post
Simon.
post 5th May 2007, 09:55 AM
Post #71
Group icon
Sugar Like Apple Pie
User: 126

ohmy.gif 1 million each wow surely they all need after each solo careers have flopped laugh.gif

I really hope they do the reunion cry.gif and Geri better find a new union jack dress for it

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post 5th May 2007, 12:33 PM
Post #72
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209

aww this would be brilliant, i wish mel c would just do it.
they all look great and it makes me smile seeing them together. lol

+Quote this post
David
post 5th May 2007, 06:28 PM
Post #73
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 44

GET DOWN GET DEEPER AND DOWN GET DEEPER AND DOWN. biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Matt Aloud
post 7th May 2007, 12:47 PM
Post #74
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,286

we need more than 1 show cry.gif

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post 7th May 2007, 12:51 PM
Post #75
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209

yea that is true, it would be hard for me to get to wembley, but i would do it for them

+Quote this post
TeresaBloom
post 8th May 2007, 04:15 PM
Post #76
Group icon
Orlando Bloom & LOTR Biggest Fan
User: 73

I couldn't go cry.gif but yes please! This must happen!!!

+Quote this post
Jack89
post 12th June 2007, 10:42 PM
Post #77
Group icon
Eurovision Chat

Mel C was on MTV News yesterday and when she was asked about the reunion, she said...

Everyother reuion rumour was not true.. but there is some truth in this rumour, we might get back together, we might not.. it's not decided yet <<<< something along the lines of that anyway lol and when she did say "we might get back together" the look on the face said that they would...

SO

on board for the reunion

MEL C - YES (She said so on MTV news)
EMMA B - YES (She said so on richard and judy)
Vic B - Yes (She said so on GMTV)
GERI - UNSURE
MEL B - UNSURE

I think that Geri would but if you remember Mel B said no to the live 8 reunion ....

+Quote this post
GrAmii
post 12th June 2007, 10:47 PM
Post #78
Group icon

They all seem to be spending a lot more time together recently.
I really think it is really going to happen this time the big question is WHEN.

+Quote this post
Jack89
post 12th June 2007, 10:51 PM
Post #79
Group icon
Eurovision Chat

I'm going to say XMAS ... they will want that number one... one problem XFACTOR WINNER

+Quote this post
GrAmii
post 12th June 2007, 10:55 PM
Post #80
Group icon

If they manage another Xmas #1 they will pull ahead of the Beatles for most festive chart toppers ever I THINK they're both on 3 each atm - don't hold me to it though.

Would be great to have them back though I shudder at the thought of them in their early 30s doing those old songs rotf.gif

TBH I reckon they could beat X Factor - either that or Cowell will move the release date of that to after Christmas like he did with Steve against Band Aid. rolleyes.gif

+Quote this post

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 09:27 PM