BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News

This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> Should've been a single: Rated R
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Should've been a single
Rated R
Mad House [ 3 ] ** [10.00%]
Stupid In Love [ 6 ] ** [20.00%]
Fire Bomb [ 9 ] ** [30.00%]
Photographs [ 3 ] ** [10.00%]
G4L [ 4 ] ** [13.33%]
Cold Case Love [ 4 ] ** [13.33%]
The Last Song [ 1 ] ** [3.33%]
Hole In My Head [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total votes: 23

AdamAloud
post Sep 1 2016, 06:58 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
User: 11,955
As you'll know, to pick our entry for the AFSC we'll be having a 24-hour round for each album and the most voted for song will progress to the semi final!

Vote for every song you think was robbed of a single place, and be sure to discuss your choices! biggrin.gif

Semi-Final Songs:
Music Of The Sun (Music Of The Sun)
Kisses Don't Lie (A Girl Like Me)
Breakin' Dishes (Good Girl Gone Bad)
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post Sep 1 2016, 06:59 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Gone for 'Fire Bomb' and 'Cold Case Love' I think both would've been great additions to her singles discography.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Sep 1 2016, 07:00 PM
Post #3
Group icon
User: 13,007
Firebomb is the obvious one, but throwing a vote for my favourite 'G4L' aware i'll be the only one with that lmao ~

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Sep 1 2016, 07:01 PM
Post #4
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
Fire Bomb, G4L and Cold Case Love. The latter would be a leftfield choice but it's a very unusual and classy song for Rihanna, Fire Bomb is an amazing pop song and G4L has some amazing instrumentation.

(most of these songs would be great but yeah, limiting...)

+Quote this post
Cameron
post Sep 1 2016, 07:02 PM
Post #5
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061
#JusticeForCry

+Quote this post
*Tim
post Sep 1 2016, 07:03 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660
Stupid In Love #Justice4Balladhanna

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Sep 1 2016, 07:03 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
Stupid In Love

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post Sep 1 2016, 07:06 PM
Post #8
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161
Also Stupid in Love!

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post Sep 1 2016, 07:12 PM
Post #9
Group icon
I never realised 'Stupid In Love' was so popular!! I like it but it doesn't scream 'single' to me.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post Sep 1 2016, 10:46 PM
Post #10
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846
I have voted in each of the rounds so far (apart from GGGB) as I missed that one, but my opinions on them all including this one are as follows.

Music Of The Sun = To be honest I've never really been that keen on this album, I only own it as part of my Rihanna collection as I own all of her studio albums. But voted for 'Let Me' as apart from the 2 singles that were released, had any potential and if I remember correctly this was actually planned at some point, but then got cancelled due to Rihanna concentrating on her 2nd album which honestly was a smart move as I don't think it would have done very well anyway, especially after the underperformance of 'IILTYW'. The title track is also quite decent as well, it has a nice melody to it and 'You Don't Love Me (No, No, No(' is quite catchy as well, but apart from that, the rest is kinda a slog to get through and can see why this album's totally forgotten.

A Girl Like Me = Still like this album, definitely stronger than her first one and has more variety on it. For this one I voted for 'Kisses Don't Lie' as it's definitely one of the best tracks on this album, also 'A Million Miles Away' & 'Crazy Little Thing Called Love' are standout moments apart from the lead 2 singles and 'Break It Off'. 'KDL' would have made a better 3rd single than 'We Ride' and would have performed a lot better as well and could have given Rihanna a 3rd top 10 hit from the album. So on the whole, yeah it's a pretty decent pop album and Rihanna would just get much better after this and starting to find her footing.

Good Girl Gone Bad = I was totally gutted that I missed this round, as I love this album and rank it as my personal fave Rihanna album as this was where everybody actually stood up and took full notice of her and was a turning point in her career, she had found her sound and just blew everything away. 'Breakin' Dishes' was the one I would have voted for, as it's just incredibly awesome and found it strange that she released 'Rehab' instead of this, okay that did do pretty well for an 8th single and all, but this would have definitely done a whole lot better. Other notable moments are the title track, which again could have made a decent single and have always had a fondness for 'Push Up On Me' which on the album itself coming after the massive 'Umbrella' is a fun moment and okay I'm not saying it would have made a great single or anything, it's just a really great album track and I just love it. 'Cry' is also another brilliant moment on here also.

Rated R = Another great album from Rihanna, totally different from 'GGGB' yes, but that's a good thing and shows that even this early in her career she was willing to take risks and this was certainly polarizing at the time, but you gotta admit that it's still a fantastic body of work. Voted for 'Firebomb' & 'Cold Case Love' as they are just both fantastic, especially the former which not even being considered is a crime against humanity, especially given the much weaker 'Rockstar 101' getting a poor non promoted release and the very odd 'Te Amo' which was okay in it's own way, just didn't really work and was just an excuse for a controversial music video with Rihanna being all over a woman, which in the end didn't really cause much of a stir or anything. No this album isn't perfect as it does have a few flaws here and there, but is any album really that perfect anymore and personally I think every album has that one or two tracks that not everyone will like. In this case 'Photographs' is the worst offender on here.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Sep 1 2016, 11:02 PM
Post #11
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
'Fire Bomb' for me. I think the others are brilliant songs for staying on the album. I can't imagine any of the others would have been too big a hit, so I don't think they were missed oppourtunities as such. I would have liked to have seen how 'G4L' would have fared though. That would have been quite a brilliantly, risky single choice!

'The Last Song' is really EPIC in it's sound though! Adore that one too... <3

+Quote this post
Scene
post Sep 2 2016, 10:32 AM
Post #12
Group icon
This is where you end and I begin
User: 5,567
'Photographs' and 'G4L' (to a lesser extent) for me. The former never gets old for me. music.gif Probably one of the best things Will has put his hands to.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Sep 2 2016, 01:40 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639
Fire Bomb is cheesy. I wouldn't vote for any tbh.

+Quote this post
pippa
post Sep 2 2016, 02:06 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031
Mad House.

+Quote this post
Scene
post Sep 2 2016, 02:52 PM
Post #15
Group icon
This is where you end and I begin
User: 5,567
QUOTE(BeaverGotTrumped @ Sep 2 2016, 02:40 PM) *
Fire Bomb is cheesy. I wouldn't vote for any tbh.

Not mincing your words then. laugh.gif

+Quote this post

This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:48 AM