BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Donald Trumps arrest
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
neill2407
post 9th April 2023, 02:11 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 159,650

What are your opinions? Is this a political stunt to stop Trump from being re-elected?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 9th April 2023, 05:52 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

QUOTE(neill2407 @ Apr 9 2023, 03:11 PM) *
What are your opinions? Is this a political stunt to stop Trump from being re-elected?

Only insane, deluded people think that.

+Quote this post
neill2407
post 9th April 2023, 06:38 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(Jessie Where @ Apr 9 2023, 06:52 PM) *
Only insane, deluded people think that.

I am not saying it is political but was looking for a good debate. Whether you like trump or not, I thought the prosecutor was a democrat? Given the allegations are alleged to have happened in 2017, why hasn’t it been brought to court sooner?

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 9th April 2023, 06:52 PM
Post #4
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

Because a sitting President can't be charged, no?

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 10th April 2023, 05:43 AM
Post #5
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

I doubt it's a stunt, it's an inevitable consequence of someone being rich and famous and therefore many roadblocks to charging them. They've been pursuing this for years and only stepped up the investigation once he was out of office.

of course he SHOULD be being charged for far more heinous crimes, like, idk, sedition and incitement to violence but the American justice system will never have the courage to do that, it's enough trying to get them to charge a former president at all.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 12th April 2023, 05:26 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 53

Yes but it's having the opposite effect and he's soaring in the polls. cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post 12th April 2023, 08:59 PM
Post #7
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561

It's not a political stunt - if it was, it would be a very stupid one as it will likely temporarily boost Trump's popularity within the more unhinged factions of Republican party and strengthen his support base. It feeds into their bizarre and frankly insane conspiracy theories. He may just stand down and decide it isn't worth the hassle running in 2024 but we, and indeed those bringing the charges, have no way of knowing how this will impact on that decision or outcome.

The wealthy and powerful aren't treated the same as the rest of us; that will be exposed in this trial, because whilst blatant and large-scale corruption from the rich occurs and goes largely unpunished, at the same time the relatively smaller and less significant crimes (occuring indirectly of these actions by the rich/powerful, as a result of increasing levels of deprivation, scarcity and wealth/health inequalities) will always disproportionately be penalised. This is because justice is served out based on who you are and how much power you have.

Trump won't be going to jail, lots of those around him have, and he'll do the usual tiresome, played-out routine of playing the victim to shore up supporters. I believe this inditement is very small fry in terms of some of the upcoming charges that could be brought against him, I suspect these legal challenges will be going on for some time, e.g. literally threatening the Georgia governor (this is on tape) to 'find votes' to overturn the result and inciting the overthrowing of the US government on 6 Jan 2021.

+Quote this post
neill2407
post 9th May 2023, 10:29 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

Well Trump was found guilty at his trial of sexual assault but not rape. He’s been fined 5 million in damages. As it’s a civil case, he won’t face jail but will it impact on his presidential run? It certainly won’t stop him from running but surely this calls into question his suitability to even be running.

+Quote this post
Smint
post 10th May 2023, 10:49 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 124,514

I think the "suitability" question was answered years ago and the fact that none of his Republican rivals dare criticise him when found guilty of sexual assault speaks volumes. What with De Santis failing to impress (thankfully as he's even worse in some ways) it means he'll be the nominee and promoting violence against minorities at every turn (hate crimes sky rockets during Election campaigns). 2024 will be very scary.

+Quote this post
Smint
post 11th May 2023, 07:46 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 124,514

And yesterday Trump got an hour "townhall" style interview on CNN where in an audience made up of allegedly undecided and Independent voters he told lie after lie about January 6, the 2020 election result being rigged, building the alleged "wall" and also found time to call the anchor a "nasty person" and mocked the victim in the sexual assault court case that he was found guilty of yesterday. All to applause and laughs from the audience. Very ugly stuff.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 11th May 2023, 07:57 PM
Post #11
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

Homelander from The Boys really gets his persona spot on - he could kill a person and his deranged cult wouldn't bat an eyelid. It's pretty horrifying that there is still even a question whether he should be running, but I'm still confident that society is not at a low enough point and that there are still enough people with brains in the States that they will not elect a criminal and sex offender even if he is the nomination. It's just gonna sink the Republicans even further especially as people finally seem to be waking up to their fascist tendencies so it could even be a blessing in disguise.

+Quote this post
neill2407
post 12th May 2023, 10:06 AM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

I watched an interview he did on tv and it was laughable. He claims the judge in the sexual assault trial allowed the victim to present everything but his side were not given an opportunity to present their evidence but this is a man who chose not to attend his own trial to give his defence. It was full of the usual false claims which are not backed up with any evidence about the election being rigged and how he will end the Ukraine war within a day. How on earth is he going to do that? The most worrying thing was the fact he intends to allow the rioters to be pardoned if elected which sends out a message that behaviour is entirely acceptable and he has shown no remorse for his actions.

This post has been edited by neill2407: 12th May 2023, 10:12 AM

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 12th May 2023, 10:24 AM
Post #13
Group icon

If that was the CNN town hall it's being widely condemned across American politics - a great example of how not to platform, they let him come on and talk his talking points to an audience of geriatrics who seal clap his every word. The day after he's found liable for sexual assault.

of course he SHOULD be being charged for far more heinous crimes, like, idk, sedition and incitement to violence but the American justice system will never have the courage to do that, it's enough trying to get them to charge a former president at all.

Add being a proven sex pest to that list.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 12th May 2023, 11:04 AM
Post #14
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

He's the master of painting himself as a victim in any situation, and his army of sheep will just blindly follow whatever he says without question.

+Quote this post
neill2407
post 12th May 2023, 11:24 AM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(Jessie Where @ May 12 2023, 12:04 PM) *
He's the master of painting himself as a victim in any situation, and his army of sheep will just blindly follow whatever he says without question.

Very true - he reminds me of Boris Johnson. Full of baloney.

+Quote this post
neill2407
post 9th June 2023, 03:55 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

So Trump is being indicted for the second time. Will this impact on his chances to run for president? It will be interesting to see how this pans out. It’s unlikely to get to trial until next year anyway.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 9th June 2023, 04:56 PM
Post #17
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

The UK and USA are oligarchies. The richest and most powerful are above reproach. Nothing will happen to him.

+Quote this post
neill2407
post 9th June 2023, 07:53 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(Big Fat Sue @ Jun 9 2023, 05:56 PM) *
The UK and USA are oligarchies. The richest and most powerful are above reproach. Nothing will happen to him.

Well it looks like he will fight the battle anyway but interested to see what happens. People in power can afford good legal representation and obviously that will go some way in his favour.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 10th June 2023, 06:33 AM
Post #19
Group icon

So currently we're at 37 counts of keeping hundreds of classified documents, some of Trump's lawyers have already resigned, Trump twice disclosed national security information in 2021, and Trump is due to surrender himself to authorities on Tuesday.

He might be going to prison huh.

+Quote this post
neill2407
post 10th June 2023, 03:01 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(Iz 💀 @ Jun 10 2023, 07:33 AM) *
So currently we're at 37 counts of keeping hundreds of classified documents, some of Trump's lawyers have already resigned, Trump twice disclosed national security information in 2021, and Trump is due to surrender himself to authorities on Tuesday.

He might be going to prison huh.

He could face prison but I think it’s unlikely and by the time it gets to trial, he may be re-elected and will try and strike the whole case out of court.

+Quote this post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 08:47 AM