BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> RECONFIRMATIONS, How often you do it? Do you ever regret for switching!!!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Addy!
post 22nd February 2018, 09:58 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666

Topic Title says it all. This is about 5 minute fame of BJSC entries lol before you dump them and switch with something you think it's better.

How often you change it and do u ever go back to those entries and confirm them later on?!

I do quiet often tbh and the worst part is that I never go back to them...they just end up being in BJSC wannabe entries list.

Also my regret entry that I switched was Willy William - Ego...I replaced it with Raving George - Cause You're Mine sad.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
danG
post 22nd February 2018, 10:01 PM
Post #2
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

Don't do it often. Last time I changed my entry was in '92 when I discovered 'Saving Light' on the last day and just had to send it because of the big initial impression it had on me. The song I was going to send, 'High & Low', I eventually got round to sending in '94 (was going to be '93 but I wanted to make my AQ a less ~typical song).

+Quote this post
Jade
post 22nd February 2018, 10:11 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

I am usually quite decisive and have only ever reconfirmed during two contests! In 83 I had an 80s-sounding song that I went off quickly, then switched to a C2C song (the group that Jacob would eventually send instead *.*) and then stumbled across VHS Glitch and switched to that. Then for 98 I confirmed with Moth Equals, then switched to Kelela and got vetoed :'( so changed back x I didn't regret my 83 switch as 'Blood In Blood Out' was a better song than my first one and C2C would get their time to shine in the end anyway.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 22nd February 2018, 10:19 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

I’ve only reconfirmed about three times in the last five years, possibly not even that many. I usually have something I’ve been set on sending for a few weeks when each contest rolls around and it would take a lot for a new discovery to sway my decision as I’d rather leave it for the following month and see if I’m still loving it as much.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 22nd February 2018, 10:22 PM
Post #5
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

I've reconfirmed three times, all after vetoes, and all with songs I thought would DNQ. One is still pending, but Gone went on to do decently and Bring Back The Summer became one of my all time favorite entries.

we'll see how Samantha does

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 22nd February 2018, 10:36 PM
Post #6
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

First time I ever reconfirmed was 10 contests in, when I switched from my eventual only medal placer, Love Stuck, to my second DNQ. I rectified that the contest after of course. Funny thing was I was so convinced that Love Stuck was going to be taken in 47 by someone that I still consider myself lucky to have got it in 48.

Second time I reconfirmed I believe was a few contests later, when I changed to San Fermin - Sonsick.

Five years later, the song I changed from, Inouwee's Danger, ended up being my UP (and so far my only song contest) winner *.*

I can't remember all the times, I did have Truls' Circles confirmed a couple of contests before it came 2nd before switching out of that to Vibrato, but it was quite a while in these instances before the song I switched to ended up qualifying, I do remember that, so I always used to consider it a curse. Not so much now, I don't tend to confirm until I'm sure on my entry these days anyway.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 22nd February 2018, 10:50 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

To date I've only done this once - in 94 when I switched from eventual 98 flop Jamila to top 10 finisher [and second fave entry ever of mine] Mariko so that was certainly a wise move.

+Quote this post
Brer
post 22nd February 2018, 11:07 PM
Post #8
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

Been quite a while since I last did a reconfirmation, probably not since BJSC 80 where I originally confirmed Life Sim 'IDL' then switched to Run The Jewels, then was forced to reconfirm again after that got scandalously vetoed. It's generally something I avoid doing as I usually spam listen to my songs leading up to and during the confirmation stages so nothing else really has a chance to usurp my original choice tongue.gif

'IDL' of course got its moment 2 years later which I think was for the better anyway, and even though my eventual BJSC 80 entry 'Kyoto' bombed horrendously I don't regret sending it at all. x

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 22nd February 2018, 11:08 PM
Post #9
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

From what I can remember:

45: Of Monsters and Men - Dirty Paws was switched out for I Am a Camera - Factory Boys (WHAT WAS I THINKING ARGH, and it was still before the former really blew up!)
53: Rhye - Open was switched out for Haiku Salut - Glockelbar (I probably would've done better with the former but I discovered the latter on the day and it was instant love)
61: M83 - Ali & Matthias was switched out for M83 - Un Nouveau Soleil (The former was only a two minute instrumental that may not have qualified and the latter went on to at the time become my the biggest hit so this was a wise move!)
90: Peter Gundry - The Vampire Masquerade was switched out for kіtchen - time (idk both were pretty niche instrumentals so no difference would've happened with results most likely, but I just really wanted to send post rock and that was on my doorstep)

I think that's all, I'm not often indecisive, sometimes it's set in stone when the thread opens though there are times I'm very much stuck until a good few days before coming to a definite choice.

+Quote this post
Riser
post 23rd February 2018, 02:47 AM
Post #10
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534

I don't think I've ever voluntarily reconfirmed! I usually just wait and narrow down my potentials during the week of confirmations and won't confirm until I'm set on an entry, usually the last day or so. I think I've had two double artist confirmations, one double entry confirmation and one veto to date so those would be the four re-confirmations I've had. One of the double artist confirmations was when I re-confirmed with Meg Mac 'Never Be' which ended up (and still is) my most successful entry to date!

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 23rd February 2018, 07:31 AM
Post #11
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247

Yeah I've never re-confirmed, sometimes I send songs I'm not 100% confident in but then I just tend to go with it and face the consequences. I'm sure I would reconfirm if I found an amazing track after I sent a certain DNQ though wink.gif

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 23rd February 2018, 08:07 AM
Post #12
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403

christ i feel like i reconfirm all of the time LOL, i reconfirmed this contest, last contest perhaps (i forget), in 100, 93, 91 and that's just in the last decade!

notably in 91 i sent siege - crunk which i've now sent this time.

in 93 i'd sent massive attack the spoils as my anniversary entry but i felt as an anniversary artist i didn't know if i'd have anything from massive attack for my 100 - i'd still love to send it but i'm sure it's a veto

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 23rd February 2018, 09:45 AM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

once ive sent i stick with it as a rule, but I usually dither right up to the last minute I can never make my mind up laugh.gif

My biggest regret is Feel It Still when it first came out and I decided to opt for another because Portugal. The Man had been entered before. Oops! cry.gif

+Quote this post
danG
post 23rd February 2018, 10:26 AM
Post #14
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

passing on a hit is the worst! I had 'This Is What It Feels Like' (Armin van Buuren) as a potential at one point but I believe I scrapped that for 'Sunrise (Won't Get Lost')... which DNQed.

I still haven't got round to sending Armin to date, I want to at some point but he is just a lil bit cheap. tongue.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 06:58 AM