BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Summer I Turned Pretty, Amazon Prime | season 2 releasing every Friday
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
JosephBoone
post 21st July 2023, 12:17 PM
Post #1
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

Coming-of-age teen romantic drama based on a book series of the same name by Jenny Han. Stars Lola Tung as Isabel "Belly" Conklin, who finds herself in a love triangle with family friend brothers Conrad (Christopher Briney) and Jeremiah (Gavin Casalegno). Season 1 came out last year and season 2 episodes are releasing every Friday on Amazon Prime over the course of the summer, with episodes 1-4 out already.

Season 1 was rated fresh on Rotten Tomatoes and it's made a huge buzz over social media, with Taylor Swift's songs becoming synonymous with the series as many have been used in the show, including an exclusive clip of Back to December (Taylor's Version) before its release in the season 2 trailer.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 21st July 2023, 12:21 PM
Post #2
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

I started watching this a couple of weekends ago, when I started season 1 thinking I'd watch an episode a day for the next week and be caught up ready for the brand new season 2. I finished season 1 in a little over 24 hours, I was that gripped laugh.gif the love triangle could easily be cliché but the emotions explored in each character make it riveting viewing, pitched perfectly for a teen/young adult audience with just the right amount of angst and emotion. The chemistry of the three main characters is excellent but everyone pulls their weight in the cast, creating compelling characters that you root for.

As for my thoughts on the love triangle, I think it's clear Belly's true desire is for Conrad. That's who she's always wanted to be with, and no matter how happy Jeremiah makes her, I think she'll always have Conrad in the back of her mind. Jeremiah is my preferred brother though, he's such a sweetheart and is the more reliable of the two.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 11:40 AM