BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Do you watch Christmas episodes of shows when it’s not Xmas
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Do you watch Christmas episodes of shows when it’s not Xmas
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 24
Guests cannot vote 
lotita
post 4th September 2023, 08:54 PM
Post #1
Group icon
feminist icon
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,777

It turns out some of us have strong opinions on this

If I’m watching a show for the first time I won’t skip any episode including Xmas specials. HOWEVER if I’m rewatching a show I’ll tend to skip Xmas specials unless it’s Christmas time as it feels weird. The only exception to this generally is the office
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 4th September 2023, 08:56 PM
Post #2
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

Yes of course!! If you’re rewatching, you have to rewatch properly and watch it all otherwise you’ve got gaps!!

You would miss several regenerations in a certain show if you missed out the Christmas episodes pting.png

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 4th September 2023, 08:57 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177

I said yes because it’ll often ruin the flow if I’m binging a series to skip it just because it’s Christmas. Like it wouldn’t matter for something like The Simpsons but it does for things like Doctor Who, Miranda of Gavin and Stacey.

+Quote this post
lotita
post 4th September 2023, 08:57 PM
Post #4
Group icon
feminist icon
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,777

But I know what happens !!!! pting.png I don’t need to feel Christmassy when I know the plot x

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 4th September 2023, 09:01 PM
Post #5
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

But rewatching is about revisiting the plot otherwsie you may as well watch random episodes!!

You’d go from Ten being Time Lord Victorious to Eleven climbing out of a broken TARDIS

+Quote this post
Jade
post 4th September 2023, 09:04 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Yes I would watch the Christmas specials no matter if it was a first time viewing or not!

(side note: my Christmas tolerance is clearly high at the moment as I couldn't be bothered to skip 'Frosty The Snowman' the other day)

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 4th September 2023, 09:07 PM
Post #7
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

kinda depends if i'm in the mood or not and even then it depends on how much the episode has contributed to society

case in point - the Aaron Carter episode of Lizzie McGuire cry.gif

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 4th September 2023, 09:09 PM
Post #8
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

Depends if it's very Christmassy or not or just happens to be the normal show set at Christmas, like The Office, Doctor Who and Peep Show are kind of acceptable as they had similar vibes to how the show usually is (outside of the former's tonal change), I can't take an overload of Christmas outside of December even on my screen x

+Quote this post
Ansel
post 4th September 2023, 09:18 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 106,739

I always do if I'm binging through something! It can feel kinda weird but I know I won't remember to go back and watch that episode at Christmas, so why waste an episode?

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 4th September 2023, 09:33 PM
Post #10
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

yeah I mean I don't know when Christmas is going to show up, especially if I'm watching a show that has long seasons, no need to skip it there - only time I ever skip episodes in a show is if I'm rewatching it and I know in advance that it's a real dud - and even then I might try and go through it on a 2x speed just to refresh how bad it really is. Which might apply to a Christmas episode but not because it's Christmas.

besides at Christmas itself you've got enough seasonal things on the watch list - I need to do my traditional watching of Haruhi again.

it's a hangover of people watching shows live as they're broadcast and not as they please, not a great tradition to be in so many shows but I'm not going to do the unthinkable and actually SKIP THE STORY gawd

+Quote this post
King Rollo
post 4th September 2023, 09:34 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,961

I was surprised there was a brand new episode of Futurama last week which was set at Christmas but I watched it.

+Quote this post
Hadji
post 4th September 2023, 11:31 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,386

I remember when Simpsons used to broadcast their Halloween and Christmas episodes all the time but now, they only broadcast those episodes at those times of year

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 5th September 2023, 01:24 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Rob aah
User: 3,804

I have found myself watching My Family and Miranda Christmas episodes whilst revisiting before so for that I'd say yes but I don't do it too often!

So in respect I voted sometimes!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 10:53 AM