BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
11 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Pussycat Dolls Reunion, New album, shared vocals confirmed
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
(Zach)
post 2nd October 2017, 12:29 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 18,512

Nicole Scherzinger set to 'join Pussycat Dolls for ten year reunion' - after they split amid reports of a feud

According to reports the X Factor judge could be back in the charts with her old bandmates

The Pussycat Dolls are reportedly planning a comeback - with lead singer Nicole Scherzinger set to join them.

The group became a global phenomenon with their first single, Don’t Cha, but split in 2010 amid reports of a feud.

According to The Sun , Nicole Scherzinger , Kimberly Wyatt, Ashley Roberts, Jessica Sutta and Melody Thornton are preparing to reunite.

An insider said: "Talk of the girls ­getting back together has been rife for a few years now and they have finally found a time which works for them all."

“The girls feel the time is right to let bygones be bygones and put any differences they had behind them and celebrate the great songs they made," said the source.

It is also alleged the chart-topping girlband could be heading back to the studio to release new material.

“When they parted ways in 2009 it was only intended to be a hiatus, so it feels like the right thing to do,” added the insider.

Mirror Online has contacted Nicole's representatives for comment.

Nicole, starred in the group as the lead vocalist, and went on to have solo success before joining ITV's X Factor as a judge.

Meanwhile, Kimberly has gone on to become a television personality and recently won Celebrity Masterchef , while Ashley Roberts appeared on I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!

In December last year brunette beauty Nicole revealed she wanted to apologise to her former bandmates because she was "distant and stand-offish" during their time together as chart-toppers.

In January Nicole, who had hits with Poison and Don't Hold Your Breath, teased she would be open to getting back together with the girls.

Asked about the possibility of a reunion, she told Kiss FM: "I don't see why not. I miss it. I miss the girls.

"It was such a crazy time for us that stepping away from it now and taking some time away from it I'm like 'I wanna be able to do it again and really enjoy it and take it in and enjoy the travels with the girls'.

"I think in due time if it's meant to be, that would be a lot of fun and a blessing."

This post has been edited by (Zach): 9th March 2021, 08:30 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
tommie
post 2nd October 2017, 12:37 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,073

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 2nd October 2017, 12:41 AM
Post #3
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

I'd love this but have they not said this multiple times and nothing ever actually happened? sad.gif It's not like Nicole is doing anything with her solo career though drama.gif

+Quote this post
(Zach)
post 2nd October 2017, 12:45 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(Liаm @ Oct 2 2017, 12:41 AM) *
I'd love this but have they not said this multiple times and nothing ever actually happened? sad.gif It's not like Nicole is doing anything with her solo career though drama.gif

I was thinking the same thing, but I believe this is the first report stating they actually are reuniting. The false alarm a year or two ago was just Robin or someone talking about how it was being discussed.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 2nd October 2017, 01:01 AM
Post #5
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

Is this because she flopped?

Comin back with her backin dancers, marketed as somethin else

+Quote this post
tommie
post 2nd October 2017, 01:19 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,073

QUOTE(Poked Pumpkin @ Oct 2 2017, 01:01 AM) *
Is this because she flopped?

Duh.

Plus, she's turning 40 next year so she might as well go back to something she was successful as. With that said - who the hell are they going to market themselves to? I mean, sure, the market for gays with questionable taste is always open but they were always glorified strippers who had a singer among them. That might've worked well in their 20s/early 30s, but now the majority of them is in the mid-30s bracket with Nicole going into her 40s. I don't exactly see any room for them to grow despite having a decent ballad with I Hate This Part (I despise Stickwitu)...

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 2nd October 2017, 07:19 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030

She was an absolute idiot to seperate from them tbh

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 2nd October 2017, 07:55 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661

Ain't gonna happen.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 2nd October 2017, 08:28 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

QUOTE(KWEEN_DEE @ Oct 2 2017, 08:19 PM) *

To be fair, weren't they on the wane by the time she did anyway? I mean, their second era didn't exactly do brilliantly.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 2nd October 2017, 08:28 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Break the tension

QUOTE(KWEEN_DEE @ Oct 2 2017, 08:19 PM) *

To be fair, weren't they on the wane by the time she did anyway? I mean, their second album didn't exactly do brilliantly.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 2nd October 2017, 08:36 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

It is a wise move as Nicole's solo music career failed to remain successful for long. With X Factor she would be completly forgotten in the UK. Not sure how her career is in the States.

They Pussycat Dolls split far to quickly.

+Quote this post
(Zach)
post 2nd October 2017, 10:59 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(pippa @ Oct 2 2017, 08:36 PM) *
Not sure how her career is in the States.

Non-existent. She will pop up on a random TV show or commercial here and there. None of her music made an impact here except Right There.

In response to the comments about their lack of a target market and being glorified strippers, they already sort of veered away from that in their second era. They could still pull off songs like When I Grow Up, I Hate This Part, and Jai Ho! at their current age. Another Buttons, however, isn't likely to happen.

I'm personally here for it and think they could find some success again. I just hope this isn't another DK3.

+Quote this post
SGrey
post 3rd October 2017, 06:21 AM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182

This would all be very Girls Aloud - Ten: The Hits territory.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 3rd October 2017, 07:37 AM
Post #14
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

How embarrassing. PCD were awkward all ways round - a group composed of a singer who wanted to be a solo star a la Camila Cabello, and five mainly-dancers who weren't allowed to sing but had to keep faking it with big smiles. How could anyone think that was going to end well??

Intrigued to see what they come up with though and hopefully Nicole has had her humble pie by now. It's unlikely she's going to get any bigger now than she already is. And PCD's tunes were generally higher quality than any of Nicole's solo stuff, oddly enough.

This post has been edited by StillJupiter: 3rd October 2017, 07:38 AM

+Quote this post
Hayzayy
post 3rd October 2017, 04:41 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Who's Daniel btw ?
User: 1,804

QUOTE(SeanGrey @ Oct 3 2017, 06:21 AM) *
This would all be very Girls Aloud - Ten: The Hits territory.

Except they celebrated the ten years of Girls Aloud, not the ten years of being apart.

+Quote this post
(Zach)
post 5th October 2017, 10:09 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

I wonder if Carmit will be invited back. She seems to be the messiest (unless you want to include Kaya Jones)

+Quote this post
HellaGood
post 6th October 2017, 01:58 AM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 38,212

I'm here for it. Why not?

All girls are still hot, with the right track and choreography they could serve a mini comeback!

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 9th October 2017, 11:35 AM
Post #18
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661

Confirmed to be happening with a WEBSITE set up and best-sellers list posted by the OCC:

Pussycat Dolls' biggest singles on the Official UK Chart revealed

Their comeback is on, and it's going to be shamazing - right?

Don't cha with The Pussycat Dolls would reunite? Well you're in luck.

After rumours of a return for PCD were reported in The Sun last week, PCDReunion.com has been set up, where fans have chance to sign up to the group's newsletter for further announcements. Exciting!

Details are hush hush; hush hush (sorry) right now, but according to the reports, the group will be made up by Nicole Scherzinger, Ashley Roberts, Melody Thornton, Kimberly Wyatt and Jessica Sutta, the line-up that released the final (to-date) PCD album Doll Domination.

The five-piece are set for a reunion tour according to The Sun, and we wonder if X Factor - where Nicole serves a judge - could be the perfect platform for the girls' first performance together again?

The band also originally featured Carmit Bachar for first album PCD, but she would only reunite should Nicole not be present. Speaking in 2012, she said: "A ­Pussycat Dolls reunion isn’t out of the question. Five of us — and not Nicole — could happen. But all six? Never. Too much water under the bridge.”

With the news now out in the open, here's a look at the group's biggest hits on the Official Chart - it makes for *quite* the tour set list.

When I Grow Up

"Boys call you sexy, and you don't care what they say" - what an opening line, right? Pussycat Dolls kicked off their second album campaign with When I Grow Up, a tongue-in-cheek banger that followed right where Don't Cha left off. This song is all about confidence and is full of sass; traits other tracks such as I Don't Need A Man and Beep also had in spade loads. If it isn't broke, no need to fix it.

When I Grow Up reached Number 3 on the Official Singles Chart and also finishes at Number 3 in the Top 10 countdown with 412,000 sales across physical and download formats plus 4.03 million streams.

And guys, they wanna have groupies. GROUPIES.

Jai Ho! (You Are My Destiny)

Composed by A.R. Rahman for the hit film Slumdog Millionaire, Jai Ho! was re-imagined for the pop sphere wit the Dolls, this time featuring Nicole Scherzinger because she had a hand in writing it.

The Bollywood bop peaked at Number 3 on the Official Singles Chart in April 2009. Look back at that week on the UK Top 100. With 605,000 sales and 5.3 million streams, Jai Ho! is The Pussycat Dolls' second best-selling single in the UK.

Don't Cha

We're back to where it all began at Number 1, as PCD's debut chart topper Don't Cha is their biggest single EVER in the UK.

Featuring Busta Rhymes, Don't Cha is an epic display of female empowerment and has been a karaoke classic and X Factor auditionee staple ever since it topped the charts in August 2005.

With 634,000 sales, Don't Cha is PCD's best-selling single, and it's prevalence on streaming platforms only skyrocket its (doll) domination even further. Don't Cha has amassed a massive 11.5 million listens in the streaming era.

Top ten:

1. "Don't Cha" (749,000 chart sales)
2. "Jai Ho! (You Are My Destiny)" (658,000 chart sales)
3. "When I Grow Up" (452,300 chart sales)
4. "Stickwitu"
5. "Buttons"
6. "Beep"
7. "I Hate this Part"
8. "Hush Hush; Hush Hush"
9. "Whatcha Think About That"
10. "I Don't Need a Man"

Very surprised to see "When I Grow Up" on such high sales, I wish "I Hate this Part" achieved the success that it had sad.gif

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 9th October 2017, 12:15 PM
Post #19
Group icon
Break the tension

Can't stand 'When I Grow Up'.

+Quote this post
TheSnake
post 9th October 2017, 01:44 PM
Post #20
Group icon
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
User: 23,308

QUOTE(THEO. @ Oct 9 2017, 12:35 PM) *
Very surprised to see "When I Grow Up" on such high sales, I wish "I Hate this Part" achieved the success that it had sad.gif

I Hate This Part is my favourite song from The P***ycat Dolls! I love the piano in it and it is such a lovely song. Really liked it at the time too.

+Quote this post

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 09:31 AM