BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

10 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Melanie C feat. Sink the Pink - 'High Heels', Single • 6th November 2019
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
McAndrew
post 6th November 2019, 10:20 PM
Post #81
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 39,551

Love the song. Love the video. It's a camp masterpiece.

Sure the lyrics aren't high-brow. But they are meaningful. It's liberating and joyful.

I'm thrilled to see Melanie owning her sporty spice pop persona in her solo work. It's like she's really accepting her whole self and all she's achieved.

This post has been edited by Michael Andrew: 6th November 2019, 10:21 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Blond 2.0
post 6th November 2019, 11:12 PM
Post #82
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 39,576

Cute let's just hope the new album is not like that biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 6th November 2019, 11:36 PM
Post #83
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587

I really like it actually.

Personally really happy that Mel C has provided something that feels (for her) fresh. Most of her music has been quite same-y for a looooong time now, so this is a bit of a good and welcomed change.

Let's see how it does.

+Quote this post
Piers
post 7th November 2019, 04:29 AM
Post #84
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 69,521

I'm a little surprised this one's so divisive. To me, it's immediately likable and pretty flawlessly catchy. Having heard the actual studio recording now, I can honestly say it's about my 6th favorite of all her singles (not my 6th favorite of her songs in general...but singles?...yeah). I really wish she'd unleashed something like this in the mid-2000s...when she still stood a chance of getting a hit...and could make waves with a big dance song.

I do think the song's far stronger than the video. I don't hate the video or anything. I like that she's enjoying herself and seems to be in her element. I like her little crew. But I do think it could disguise the low budget better. I also wish we could have gotten some big choreography bits with Mel and her crew together...instead of them just doing a few little hand gestures or whatever. She can dance. They can dance. I think it might have been fun to see such a diverse crew all doing a big routine.

But. Whatever. I'm a fan.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 7th November 2019, 07:32 AM
Post #85
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

I don’t like it think it’s even worse than I want candy, but not as bad as cool as you...

+Quote this post
Voodoo
post 7th November 2019, 08:07 AM
Post #86
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 5,829

Why are Sink the Pink credited if they are only featured in the video?

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 7th November 2019, 08:39 AM
Post #87
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988

That first verse, how can anyone listen to that first verse and like the song? It is so bad, so so bad.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 7th November 2019, 09:17 AM
Post #88
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Piers @ Nov 7 2019, 05:29 AM) *
I'm a little surprised this one's so divisive. To me, it's immediately likable and pretty flawlessly catchy. Having heard the actual studio recording now, I can honestly say it's about my 6th favorite of all her singles (not my 6th favorite of her songs in general...but singles?...yeah). I really wish she'd unleashed something like this in the mid-2000s...when she still stood a chance of getting a hit...and could make waves with a big dance song.

I do think the song's far stronger than the video. I don't hate the video or anything. I like that she's enjoying herself and seems to be in her element. I like her little crew. But I do think it could disguise the low budget better. I also wish we could have gotten some big choreography bits with Mel and her crew together...instead of them just doing a few little hand gestures or whatever. She can dance. They can dance. I think it might have been fun to see such a diverse crew all doing a big routine.

But. Whatever. I'm a fan.

I actually think the worst bit of the video is the bit with the choreography in black & white in front of a curtain. If she had removed that and made it in colour maybe on a stage (nothing fancy, just a stage) it probably would look much better. The black and white cheapens it a lot actually!

The song is a BOP! Whilst it is not her best, it is certainly the best single since the Northern Start era (and yes I am counting Think about It on that too cos she sounds like she is screaming in the chorus on that one!).

FINALLY I can get behind a Melanie C single ahah cheer.gif

+Quote this post
isanka
post 7th November 2019, 12:16 PM
Post #89
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 88,486

She finally have a nice Music Video.
The song is okay, not her best but it never pretend to be. I agree, she should had release it when she was touring, but here it is.

I like the lyrics, it's different. No need another song talking about love again.

+Quote this post
vibe
post 7th November 2019, 02:11 PM
Post #90
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763

31 UK itunes chart

+Quote this post
schizo_spice
post 7th November 2019, 02:28 PM
Post #91
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 39,574

It's not bad but it's not one of her best.

+Quote this post
Blond 2.0
post 7th November 2019, 04:52 PM
Post #92
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(Voodoo @ Nov 7 2019, 08:07 AM) *
Why are Sink the Pink credited if they are only featured in the video?

It was written for them and the pride show

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 7th November 2019, 05:02 PM
Post #93
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Blond 2.0 @ Nov 7 2019, 04:52 PM) *
It was written for them and the pride show

That makes zero sense, it wasn't Elton John ft Diana 'Candle in the wind'

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 7th November 2019, 05:16 PM
Post #94
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

It’s just a means to attach the Sink the Pink name as being involved in this project. Maybe “presents” would have been more appropriate than “featuring”, but honestly it’s not that deep cool2.gif

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 7th November 2019, 05:20 PM
Post #95
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Jay ☆ @ Nov 7 2019, 05:16 PM) *
It’s just a means to attach the Sink the Pink name as being involved in this project. Maybe “presents” would have been more appropriate than “featuring”, but honestly it’s not that deep cool2.gif

For sure but it is a little odd. I mean I know this wont chart but if it is allowed for this release surely chart hits could just tack on a name as a ft and get artists chart hits they had no involvement in.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 7th November 2019, 07:48 PM
Post #96
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(sammy01 @ Nov 7 2019, 06:20 PM) *
For sure but it is a little odd. I mean I know this wont chart but if it is allowed for this release surely chart hits could just tack on a name as a ft and get artists chart hits they had no involvement in.

It was written with Sink The Pink, for Sink The Pink. Sink The Pink is the video prominently. For all we know, they might have collaborated on it as well somehow, like giving ideas, etc. It comes from a body of work that is beyond just the single, but including the Summer Pride tour, etc. They probably also invested in it.

So there you have it. It is a collaboration in various ways and it means everybody gets credited.

Like Jay said, it isnt that deep.

+Quote this post
tommie
post 7th November 2019, 11:02 PM
Post #97
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,073

Add that Sink The Pink likely helped to fund it via the Pride gigs they surely helped her get via their connections.

+Quote this post
Blond 2.0
post 7th November 2019, 11:04 PM
Post #98
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(Mr.X @ Nov 7 2019, 07:48 PM) *
It was written with Sink The Pink, for Sink The Pink. Sink The Pink is the video prominently. For all we know, they might have collaborated on it as well somehow, like giving ideas, etc. It comes from a body of work that is beyond just the single, but including the Summer Pride tour, etc. They probably also invested in it.

So there you have it. It is a collaboration in various ways and it means everybody gets credited.

This cool.gif

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 7th November 2019, 11:24 PM
Post #99
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Mr.X @ Nov 7 2019, 07:48 PM) *

But for the charts credits on a release are the singer and or producer, or singles would have ft the woman who played the triangle or ft the guy who designed the artwork, as they are involved in the making of the product.

It is extremely unusual for a credit to be given to someone not the singer or producer.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 8th November 2019, 12:02 AM
Post #100
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

An example I thought of is Tony Christie featuring Peter Kay - Is This the Way to Amarillo - a UK #1 single! Peter Kay just lip synced to it in the music video.

+Quote this post

10 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 07:20 AM