BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Naked - appreciation thread
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
-Jay-
post 12th June 2021, 03:31 AM
Post #1
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

hi.gif

A thread to show appreciation for ‘Naked’! wub.gif

Evidently it’s not one of her most popular songs on this forum for whatever reasons, but I adore it... and I hope some others here are enthusiastic about it as well? heart.gif Hopefully we can keep it positive in this particular thread teresa.gif

Firstly I have to say I love that very short “sparkly” synth sound in the intro, before the first verse begins. It’s such a small moment, but on my first play I was immediately captivated by that. I knew instantly that we were in for quite a different soundscape compared to Ava’s previous output. I’m a sucker for a synthy 80s vibe so I appreciate the flourishes of it throughout the song.

There’s something I find quite mesmerising about Ava’s vocals in the opening verse. Combined with the melody and production, the verse has quite an ethereal feel to it. For me this is a standout moment of the song (and dare I say the entire album) - subtle but interesting & effective!

The chorus - what can I say, I think it’s a winner! I particularly love when it picks up some pace in the middle of it, the “Tell me if it's safe to bare my soul, I wanna show you my deepest secrets, I think I'm ready to be exposed, I want you watching me...” part. There’s an urgency to her vocals here that I really appreciate! I think you can tell that Ava connected with the lyrics.

Speaking of vocals, as a whole this has to be one of her very best studio vocals - she really shows off her abilities here. The ad-libs in the final chorus in particular? Whew *.*

There is a simplicity to the lyrics/subject matter - the tentativeness in feeling able to trust a person enough to be completely vulnerable with them - but I think this message is conveyed in quite a lovely/heartfelt way. Some great writing from Bonnie McKee heart.gif

Additionally, I think the video is beautifully shot (it makes me think of Kylie - Put Yourself in My Place) & Ava looks stunning! I feel like it suits the mood of the production, more so than the lyrics.

I really hope Ava explores this sort of sound again in the future!

Anyway, I hope to see some more appreciation for Naked soon, please let me know that I’m not alone! kink.gif I’ll stop my late night ramblings here laugh.gif heart.gif

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Lunar
post 12th June 2021, 01:42 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 73,703

Happy to see some appreciation for this bop after how many votes it's getting in the singles survivor! One of my favourite singles from her wub.gif

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 13th June 2021, 10:18 AM
Post #3
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643

no.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 13th June 2021, 08:19 PM
Post #4
Group icon

Lee you barely like any of her songs, stay out please x

QUOTE(Lunar @ Jun 12 2021, 02:42 PM) *
Happy to see some appreciation for this bop after how many votes it's getting in the singles survivor! One of my favourite singles from her wub.gif

wub.gif At least there's us two! (Naked gets a lot of praise on Popjustice forum so it seems odd how different the general reception to it is here)

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 13th June 2021, 08:41 PM
Post #5
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

I just find it so uninteresting, MOR and way too safe. Like, it's FINE and not a bad song, just not an essential Ava one for me.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 13th June 2021, 08:49 PM
Post #6
Group icon

Guys, this is the appreciation thread...

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 10:24 PM