BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> RPDR | UK vs. the World | Season 2, 9th February 2024
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
DanielSwift
post 20th February 2024, 11:33 AM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 119,363

They're doing a tour for this season!

25th April - O2 Academy Glasgow
26th April - O2 City Hall Newcastle
27th April - O2 Victoria Warehouse Manchester
28th April - O2 Academy Leeds
29th April - O2 Academy Edinburgh
1st May - O2 Academy Bristol
2nd May - O2 Forum Kentish Town
3rd May - O2 Academy Bournemouth
4th May - O2 Academy Birmingham

Ticket pre-sale is Thursday 22nd February at 10am. Presale links can be made here: https://vossevents.com/drag-race-uk-vs-the-world/

This post has been edited by DanielSwift: 20th February 2024, 11:34 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 23rd February 2024, 10:29 PM
Post #22
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

What a waste of an episode, wtf was that challenge laugh.gif

Tia was honestly the only one I think did really well in that challenge, she branded herself within it and also stuck to selling a Drag Race “immersive experience”. Scarlet did probably the best at being an advert but I didn’t find it funny and I didn’t see her brand in it, but then what is her brand? Sorry I just find her so bland, 3 seasons of Drag Race and she’s one of those you barely remember anything she does. I’d probably put Hannah in the top with Tia and honestly LGD could have been high too for me tbh, it was stupid enough to make me laugh at least but I think I am just blindly stanning at this point laugh.gif At least it made me laugh which is more than I can say for basically everyone else bar Tia.

Idk it depends what they wanted I guess because the challenge was so vague, I think had they just done individual branding videos it would have been more successful.

Scarlet did eat that lipsync tbf, thank god the Unholy rumour was untrue as Future Starts Now is much better.

+Quote this post
DanielSwift
post 23rd February 2024, 10:46 PM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 119,363

Did anyone else think that the challenge was so boring and unfunny?

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 24th February 2024, 12:29 AM
Post #24
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

Dreadful episode but I really don’t get the point of branding in teams, so I think they were all at a disadvantage from the jump.

THRILLED by who went home though because I really thought I was going to be forced into another full series of Jonbers and I genuinely groaned every time she spoke this episode because there’s NOTHING there besides leaning into every Irish stereotype in the most uninspired way. Her going before Gothy is mildly laughable but hey, I’m sure she’s got to be next. GOT TO BE.

Very happy Tia got her moment this episode, I have no doubt she’d have smashed it on her own but she adapted herself well to the team too. Scarlet was definitely the best at creating a clear narrative so I agree with the top 2. Shit lip sync to the weirdest cut of a great song though, wish Tia could’ve played into more of her silliness than just trying to be fierce though.

+Quote this post
Calum
post 24th February 2024, 01:16 AM
Post #25
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

I think how long Gothy ends up lasting is really gonna depend on who wins the episode and whether they're gonna go by track record or start playing dirty. Because she's a sure bet for anyone to keep around to get out some competition, so I wouldn't be surprised to see her last a couple more weeks laugh.gif I am finding her really endearing though, idk if it's just because she's basically brand new to Drag Race at this point given we've only ever seen her once, but yeah I'm willing her to do well.

That episode was so bad and pointless. Wasn't here for Tia in UK2, and she's starting to annoy me again. That whole time spent moaning at who was in her team, moaning all the way through the challenge, meh. Jonbers was getting irritating too though so at least that's 1/2 gone, she came back with a serious case of delusion.

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 24th February 2024, 09:46 AM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

"Just make us laugh" is usually the criteria for these challenges, until they decide otherwise last minute. LGD and Hannah were the only two that were funny, and no amount of praise can convince me that Gothy was in the top.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 24th February 2024, 10:25 AM
Post #27
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

It was really looking like Keta is a goner so I’m very pleasantly surprised it didn’t happen 💕

What a crap episode and challenge. Hannah should’ve at least been in the top. I laughed at her bit the most and it was clearly the funniest com/info/whatever-mercial.

https://www.thepinknews.com/2024/02/23/drag...tion-interview/
For someone who has never won a single challenge... delusion…🤡 And making up a story about rulebreaking, sure Jannifer.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 24th February 2024, 10:58 AM
Post #28
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

QUOTE(blacksquare @ Feb 24 2024, 09:46 AM) *
"Just make us laugh" is usually the criteria for these challenges, until they decide otherwise last minute. LGD and Hannah were the only two that were funny, and no amount of praise can convince me that Gothy was in the top.

I agree, it should be! That’s kind of the implication when they don’t give anything more specific, but they always start judging them by other criteria. Like… it’s a drag show, they’re not going to end up crafting immaculate adverts in 15 minutes, certainly not when they aren’t given any guidance.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 24th February 2024, 11:00 AM
Post #29
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

QUOTE(p a v @ Feb 24 2024, 10:25 AM) *
It was really looking like Keta is a goner so I’m very pleasantly surprised it didn’t happen ��

What a crap episode and challenge. Hannah should’ve at least been in the top. I laughed at her bit the most and it was clearly the funniest com/info/whatever-mercial.

For someone who has never won a single challenge... delusion…�� And making up a story about rulebreaking, sure Jannifer.

That’s so funny when Keta won 3 challenges in her season, Jonbers won none and barely even did well at anything except the Rusical (I rebuke her Snatch Game high) plus Keta is known among fans as one of the most robbed queens ever and won the Ball week before lmfaooo. Honestly it was just Scarlet talking a game but then when it came to it she couldn’t make a strong move so just kicked the weakest queen out of the two which is fair.

+Quote this post
Leonardo
post 24th February 2024, 11:00 AM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,502

QUOTE(p a v @ Feb 24 2024, 10:25 AM) *
It was really looking like Keta is a goner so I’m very pleasantly surprised it didn’t happen ��

For someone who has never won a single challenge... delusion…�� And making up a story about rulebreaking, sure Jannifer.

Lol at that interview, saying she never got eliminated by RuPaul biggrin.gif, I mean that’s EXACTLY who eliminated her in season 4, when she decided she didn’t want to see her lip sync for the crown.

I misinterpreted the challenge as being create an advert for your own theme park, which if they did individually probably would have been a much better challenge, but hey ho.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 24th February 2024, 09:03 PM
Post #31
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

As an Irish person Jonbers comes off like an English person trying to play up what they think an Irish person is like. Glad to see the back of her tbh.

The challenge I also thought was really confusing. I also thought Tia did just ok & I didn't like the fact that it was a team challenge yet she didn't help out her teammates and essentially did her own thing and let them get screwed rather than trying to help them as English was her first langugage.

Next week being Snatch Game that might be another challenge for the ESL girls! Another easy win for Scarlet?

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post 25th February 2024, 11:00 AM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002

I watched all 3 eps last night and really enjoyed them. Can't really argue with the 3 eliminated so far...

Mayhem seemed out of the game before she was even it. Her making herself laugh though was funny

Arantxa such a sweet Queen, but her fashion was bad. I'm glad Choriza managed to swerve being eliminated.

Jonbers was one note and really quite irritating. I don't remember her being that annoying the first time around. Yes, we get it your Irish... and what?

Overall though enjoying the season (and may even keep watching/ get back into Drag Race). Loving Tia - also her homage to Cherry. Also enjoying Gothy's redemption. Unsure about her 'High' in the last episode, but its good to see her growing in confidence.

Keta i'm not overly fussed about - I only really knew she was robbed on her season and had an amazing track record. And sure some of her looks are good... but i feel a bit meh about her.

La Grande Dame is everything at this stage! The runway looks are just amazing and she just has IT!

Marina is a sweet Queen too and definately here for more Scarlet!

Feels like a good mix of Queens

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 1st March 2024, 10:17 PM
Post #33
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Just retire Snatch Game at this point… If RuPaul is even going round in the work room saying don’t bother with impersonation just be funny, and people are going to make up characters or do historical figures, it may as well be a normal improv challenge.

I don’t think La Grande Dame was THAT bad, she at least tried to do something and tried to do an impression and have some jokes. I think Choriza was worse personally. Hannah is the only one I found actually funny though, because it was just around and I feel like she really let go and let herself be stupid. Tia was fine and definitely the second best for me, Scarlet did solidly but not top 2 worthy. Gothy was absolutely horrific and honestly should have gone, Keta I think is out of her depth and not confident having to do all this in her second language, the absolute slayage she exhibited on Holland 2 (where she easily could have had 4 or 5 wins) isn’t here, but she at least fought to stay and has a spark. Gothy seems sweet and I’m glad she has had a second chance to show what she can do, but she is bombing virtually everything and just still isn’t there for me. I think she’s fine in her own lane just exploring her drag and doing what she wants, but she really can’t apply herself to… really anything that’s asked of you within the challenges of Drag Race. I feel sad to lose Keta when Gothy even gave up in the deliberations, I think Hannah may have picked her lipstick.

+Quote this post
Calum
post 1st March 2024, 11:53 PM
Post #34
Group icon
nabad

That was... an episode that aired. Don't know what's worse between last week and this week. Really willing Gothy to do well (and it seems everyone in the workroom is or has been too), but wtf was that? Was obvious Tia was going to save her in the end but when someone literally sits there and tells you they don't think they're going to get to where they want and need to be by the end of this experience, why keep them around? drama.gif

The only queen I found remotely funny during that Snatch Game was Scarlet. Marina and LGD tried too, but it seems like we're at a point now where if you attempt to be anyone other than the legacy characters that Ru knows inside out, you're doomed.

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 2nd March 2024, 11:48 AM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

Please can someone put Gothy out of her misery already. This is just painful to watch. I do love Tia but no amount of nicer looks or positive editing can convince me that she’s not a mediocre queen.

I hate Snatch Game — especially with queens where English isn’t their first language and a host with very specific but limited references. I’m tired of made up characters, I’m tired of it all. It’s just bomb after bomb every season. Whoever is putting Gothy out of her misery can do the same with Snatch Game.

Whew~

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 2nd March 2024, 03:53 PM
Post #36
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

At first I thought Tia wasn't bringing her A game.

Now I think she is and this is it.

It's fine. It's not really All Star winner material though. I'm kind of thinking at this point she was lucky to be on such a high profile season of Drag Race as UK2 to boost her star. I need to see her do really well in that Rusical next week because so far for me she hasn't done astoundingly well on anything yet.

At least Blu in season 1 did surprisingly well at Snatch Game.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 2nd March 2024, 05:31 PM
Post #37
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

I really think they need to retool Snatch Game, at least for seasons like this that frequently have ESL queens. It’s just really unfair on them to have to improvise and do an impression in their second language, and then queens who are native English speakers can skate by on a made up depiction of a historical figure. Maybe they could still do an impersonation challenge, but it could be something individual like they could choose to do a pop star performance or a monologue or something as an actress, that way they can still do something that’s a hallmark of Drag Race but in their own way with their talents.

If they aren’t going to level the playing field they may as well just do UK (and Canada) All Stars instead of inviting ESL queens for ostensibly another chance where they don’t always get a fair shot.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 8th March 2024, 11:38 PM
Post #38
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Why did I low-key want Gothy to stay just because it’s so camp seeing her bomb everything laugh.gif

I agreed with that top 2 tbh, it could have been Scarlet over Tia but I feel whilst Scarlet is doing really well, there isn’t that spark or charm that say Tia and Hannah have, the c**t and star power that Marina has or the unique point of view LGD, so I don’t connect to her as much. She has done everything well pretty much, but she’s not one of those queens where I’m excited to see what she’ll do next like I am with Marina or LGD. Self Esteem was such a great mentor and judge too, loved her having this moment as Prioritise Pleasure was such a flawless album.

+Quote this post
Calum
post 9th March 2024, 01:05 AM
Post #39
Group icon
nabad

Honestly would have been iconic if they kept Gothy again (and would've been great to see Choriza gone). But yeah her time was up, and at least she went out on a high with nice comments from the judges and just embracing being shit at just about everything. laugh.gif

Definitely think we're heading for a Tia win now the way things are going, but just ugh cba with that.

+Quote this post
Simon.
post 10th March 2024, 04:56 AM
Post #40
Group icon
Sugar Like Apple Pie
User: 126

Gothy was hilarious in that challenge. By everyone’s reaction you’d have thought they’d have shown her fumbling more during the task but I don’t she was featured that much.

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 02:26 PM