BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> -
8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Chart Forum Quiz ///// Week 5 ///// POINTLESS ///// Results
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
BOOBA GRANDE
post May 13 2018, 06:36 PM
Post #1
Group icon
You don't have to be fabulous to be good
User: 5,591
SO HERE WE ARE

Thanks to 29 of you who played the game this time! So the good news is that for the overall leaderboard no one will be left pointless. basil.gif (I'm very sorry, I couldn't resist)

These were the questions.

1. Name a single that went to #1 which would have spent zero weeks at #1 if Accelerate Chart Ratio hadn’t been applied to the charts.
2. Name a studio Kylie Minogue album which spent more than 3 weeks in the top-10.
3. *sponsored by Campaign for better transport* Name an artist who charted in the singles chart and whose name contains a motor vehicle that is not a car. N.B. That vehicle should be a separate word, ‘Lil YACHTy’ and such won’t count.

4. Name a Buzzjack Song Contest winner song which went top-100 in the official singles charts. Only the main contest winners count; spin-offs, best ofs etc. don’t count.
5. Name a single by a male group which reached the #1 since 2005 till now. N.B. That group must consist of 3 or more people, must only consist of males and the group must not perform on the X-Factor UK with any song.
6. Name a top-100 single from an artist which has made to the top-16 of the BBC Sound of 2018. That single must solely be credited by this artist and not feature any other artists.

7. Name a Dance #1 of 1997 (Dance #1 is determined by Colm of our very own Buzzjack in the respective thread!)
8. Name a single which slid down by exactly one place for 4 consecutive weeks within the top-40 in the single charts.
9. Name a Sugababes single (of any incarnation of its members) which went top-100 but didn’t make the top-10.

10. Name a drum&bass song which went top-20 in the singles chart.
11. Name a #1 album by Arctic Monkeys which spent more than 20 weeks in the top-75.
12. Name an artist whose songs occupied a #1 and a #2 in the singles chart of the same date. Also name these songs.

Results will be imminent! Please get ready. biggrin.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post May 13 2018, 06:37 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053
Very intrigued to see how these pan out.

+Quote this post
Jade
post May 13 2018, 06:43 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810
Looking forward to this! I feel like I put more thought into this than your average Pointless round so hopefully it won't go too badly laugh.gif

+Quote this post
BOOBA GRANDE
post May 13 2018, 06:46 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Before we start, here's some this round's trivia for you.

29 of you have participated.
Cumulatively, we've made 36 mistakes, which is averagely 3 per question and 1,24 per participant.
However, there are a dozen of you who got all the questions right, don't worry!
Despite loads of wrong questions, you still managed to give 68 pointless answers, which is 5,66 per question and 2,34 per participant.

Small reminders:
- The scoring will be a little bit different favouring the pointless results. If you are the only one to give the right answer, you get 0 points. However, if there are 2 or more people who answered the same way, they will get as many points as many people answered this way, including themselves.

- The more comments the thread has the faster it will go. biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
777666jason
post May 13 2018, 06:51 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 22,687
Oooh you tease stop keeping us in suspense you can't tell us 36 wrong answers and not say who

And which smartly bums got them all right too (am I a smart
t bum or a person who got them wrong laugh.gif )

+Quote this post
BOOBA GRANDE
post May 13 2018, 07:03 PM
Post #6
Group icon

1. Name a single that went to #1 which would have spent zero weeks at #1 if Accelerate Chart Ratio hadn’t been applied to the charts.

The term Accelerate Chart Ratio (as well as the Standard Chart Ratio) has been invented halfway through the last year to make the charts less dead and to speed them up. Whichever track that spent at least 10 weeks in the chart and has been falling faster than the market for 3 consecutive weeks has been made ACR, and its streams counted for 300:1 rather than 150:1.

There have been several debates over this new invention, with this on one hand speeding the chart runs a lot, on the other hand putting the very same streams into different weights which is unfair. Also it has created really abrupt chart runs and, as some could say, 'fake' number ones which only got there because of this new rule. No one still has come to the definite conclusion on its new implement to the charts.

'Wild Thoughts' made a benefit of this rule instantly getting to that elusive #1 and artificially overcoming 'Despacito' for a week. The other two singles joined the suit later.

Points | Percentage | Answer | Players
10 | 34% | Calvin Harris feat. Pharrell Williams, Katy Perry & Big Sean - Feels | Zarate, paulgilb, SM351, Dannyboy, Bre, Jade, DanG, WhoOdyssey, PeteFromLeeds, Yorkie3
7 | 24% | DJ Khaled & Rihanna - Wild Thoughts | Bjork, Chez Wombat, 777666jason, HarryEzra, TS0301, Suedehead2, Riser
7 | 24% | Rudimental feat. Jess Glynne and Macklemore - These Days | Dexton, FleetSeb, gavindeejay, Theo., UltraReputation, Dobbo, ┴פsᴉʍǝ˥

29 | 3% | Charlie Puth feat. Meghan Trainor – Marvin Gaye | awardinary
29 | 3% | Drake - Nice for What | vibe
29 | 3% | Zayn - Pillowtalk | Mack.
29 | 3% | Artists for Grenfell - Bridge over the Troubled Water | SamJudd
29 | 3% | Clean Bandit feat. Zara Larsson - Symphony | Sarah

We have spread pretty much evenly, with 'Feels' being slightly more popular. There were five wrong answers here. Artists for Grenfell could have easily been #1 either way, shifting over 160k downloads no matter what. The same with Drake. As for the others, I was on the fence about counting it to the right or wrong answers, as they could have got to #1 due to the chart ratio of 150:1 instead of 100:1 (which was accelerated). However, given the term itself was only created after they had charted and 150:1 *was* the only, i.e. standard chart ratio, I couldn't count them as the right answers.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post May 13 2018, 07:05 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Not too much damage taken for anyone (correct) there then, just went with These Days as it was more recent so thought people would be likely to avoid it!

+Quote this post
Jade
post May 13 2018, 07:06 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Not the greatest start there nocheer.gif but at least there's not much in it as the options were very limited.

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post May 13 2018, 07:07 PM
Post #9
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835
Oh phew I thought Wild Thoughts was wrong at first but took the gamble as I had no clue laugh.gif

+Quote this post
gavindeejay
post May 13 2018, 07:09 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Why do today, what you can do tomorrow?
User: 7,645
Glad I went for Rudimental not Calvin Harris which is what I originally put down.

+Quote this post
vibe
post May 13 2018, 07:12 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763
I am so not up to date on ACR 🙈

+Quote this post
Bjork
post May 13 2018, 07:13 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,665
there were too few options in this question, there should be minimum 5, 3 is too few

+Quote this post
BOOBA GRANDE
post May 13 2018, 07:14 PM
Post #13
Group icon

*shameless new album plug*

2. Name a studio Kylie Minogue album which spent more than 3 weeks in the top-10.

There weren't many right options here either, as despite all the legacy, Kylie could enjoy lengthy album chart runs on quite rare occasions, especially since 'Deconstruction'.

4 | 14% | Kylie: The Album | Chez Wombat, Dexton, FleetSeb, Jade
5 | 17% | Enjoy Yourself | Dannyboy, HarryEzra, SamJudd, Sarah, PeteFromLeeds
4 | 14% | Fever | Bjork, gavindeejay, Dobbo, DanG
6 | 21% | Aphrodite | Zarate, SM351, vibe, Suedehead2, ┴פsᴉʍǝ˥, WhoOdyssey
4 | 14% | Golden | Theo., UltraReputation, Bre, Yorkie3

29 | 3% | Body Language | paulgilb
29 | 10% | Light Years | awardinary, 777666jason, TS0301
29 | 3% | Ultimate Kylie | Mack.
29 | 3% | Hand on Your Heart | Riser

The answers again spread out pretty evenly, with Aphrodite being slightly more popular than the others. You didn't forget the newest add to this, 'Golden' (which I shamelessly plug as if Buzzjack is not aware of this album being out), which got pretty much the same amount of points as the first album, 'Kylie', and the apparently the most memorable one, 'Fever'.

I get you guys with 'Light Years', it seems way bigger than it was at the time. Now it is considered a 'big Kylie comeback', however it has only spent two weeks in the top-10 shifting over 450k copies in the end (which is a pretty good result but not the greatest one especially in that album sales climate). 'Hand on Your Heart' is a song, and 'Ultimate Kylie' is not a studio album, it's a compilation album. But yes, it has spent more than 4 weeks in the albums top-10.

+Quote this post
777666jason
post May 13 2018, 07:15 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
Yeah it was just a case of which of the 3 people would say least

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post May 13 2018, 07:15 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Bjork @ May 13 2018, 08:13 PM) *
there were too few options in this question, there should be minimum 5, 3 is too few

I prefer questions with not many answers, it doesn't penalise the entrants who can't be bothered to spend hours researching obscure answers laugh.gif

And there was a good balance of questions in this edition imo.

+Quote this post
777666jason
post May 13 2018, 07:17 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
Ouch first wrong answer hopefully last laugh.gif

+Quote this post
gavindeejay
post May 13 2018, 07:17 PM
Post #17
Group icon
Why do today, what you can do tomorrow?
User: 7,645
I nearly went with Light Years! Really happy I played it safe with Fever!

This post has been edited by gavindeejay: May 13 2018, 07:18 PM

+Quote this post
BOOBA GRANDE
post May 13 2018, 07:18 PM
Post #18
Group icon
QUOTE(Bjork @ May 13 2018, 11:13 PM) *

I specifically designed the questions with very few correct answers, quite a lot (but limited) correct answers and open questions to increase the variety!

+Quote this post
Jade
post May 13 2018, 07:18 PM
Post #19
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Ooh okay that's more like it! Not much in it once again but of course being the (joint) lowest score is preferable to the top one laugh.gif

+Quote this post
BOOBA GRANDE
post May 13 2018, 07:32 PM
Post #20
Group icon

*I wish I banned vans too sad.gif *

3. Name an artist who charted in the singles chart and whose name contains a motor vehicle that is not a car. N.B. That vehicle should be a separate word, 'Mariah BICYCLEy', ‘Lil YACHTy’ and such won’t count.
That was a test of imagination, prepare for a lot of pointless answers! Humanity has created a big load of different ways of transportation through the years, which pretty much proves this thread! All types of trains, vans, ferries, motorcycles et all surround us and help us transport to the places we want to go.

I deliberately banned 'car' not only to reduce the amount of correct answers, as I also think that we need to reduce their usage to improve the transport situation and ecology. biggrin.gif

0 | 3% | Armand Van Helden | Sarah
0 | 3% | Black Rebel Motorcycle Club | ┴פsᴉʍǝ˥
0 | 3% | Bombay Bicycle Club | Theo.
0 | 3% | Bryan Ferry | vibe

2 | 7% | Bus Stop | Zarate, 777666jason
0 | 3% | Death Cab For Cutie | awardinary
0 | 3% | George Van Dusen | Dobbo
0 | 3% | Jefferson Airplane | WhoOdyssey
0 | 3% | Motorcycle | Bjork

2 | 7% | Motorcycle Boy | FleetSeb, PeteFromLeeds
2 | 7% | Paul Van Dyk | paulgilb, TS0301
0 | 3% | REO Speedwagon | Dexton
0 | 3% | The Blue Aeroplanes | DanG
0 | 3% | The Lambrettas | Suedehead2

5 | 17% | Train | gavindeejay, UltraReputation, Bre, Jade, Yorkie3
2 | 7% | Van Halen | Chez Wombat, Riser
3 | 10% | Van Morrison | SM351, Dannyboy, Mack.

29 | 3% | Meghan Trainor | HarryEzra
29 | 3% | Dogs Die in Hot Cars | SamJudd

If we combined all "vans" they'd be unsurprisingly the most popular answer, especially with 'Van' being a name as well as being used heavily in Dutch names. However, 'Train' was the most popular separate answer!

I really liked your idea, Harry, but I had to DNQ it, as I asked them to be the stand-alone words to avoid many many loopholes that could be used that way! And Sam, I banned cars straight away, and until the dogs receive their own motor I can't count your answer as the correct one either unfortunately!

+Quote this post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 01:48 PM