BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
19 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> "Thunder" • US Single, #25 on Adult Pop Songs | #12 on Dance Club Songs
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Cowboy Cody
post Jul 2 2015, 01:34 AM
Post #21
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
Adult Contemporary? Wow, gonna be just like Madonna's "Ghosttown" drama.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
April
post Jul 2 2015, 01:48 AM
Post #22
Group icon
changed the game with that digital drop
User: 11,905
As long as it's a great song like Ghosttown - it needs to sell the album as a priority!

+Quote this post
Scene
post Jul 2 2015, 01:42 PM
Post #23
Group icon
This is where you end and I begin
User: 5,567
QUOTE(Cody Slayberry @ Jul 2 2015, 02:34 AM) *
Adult Contemporary? Wow, gonna be just like Madonna's "Ghosttown" drama.gif

Someone said on DS that the likes of Sam Smith and Kelly Clarkson send their songs to AC radio before sending them to the Pop/Top 40 ones.

Anyway here's further confirmation of the release: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a65...~phi7OwTJoM0J9s

This post has been edited by SceneofSIXCrimes: Jul 2 2015, 01:42 PM

+Quote this post
post Jul 2 2015, 02:29 PM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
I'm anxious to hear this in full and hope it can be a top 40 for her. Guessing they'll start rolling this out soon, as the release date is likely to be September 4th, if they hold it back properly this time. It'll probably get the same support as FUMF, which is enough to make it a hit if it's a better song. We'll be looking at playlist adds on the 5th - 12th of August. Heart will get on board and give it longevity if the can get high on itunes and debut in the top 40.

Does anyone else prefer the Ladders snippet as a possible single?

+Quote this post
April
post Jul 2 2015, 02:32 PM
Post #25
Group icon
Yeah, probably 4th September in the UK.

+Quote this post
Mike Sugafan
post Jul 2 2015, 04:28 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 945
From the snippet, my favourite is "Power" wub.gif

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post Jul 2 2015, 04:32 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030
The US Pop radio impacts date will likely come soon. It's common for a song to be sent to HAC/AC first. Great to see we've finally got the impacts date though!

Also, they might go for "I Am" as the next UK single, as they're filming a video for it. But they might use it as a promotional song like they did with Florence + The Machine's "St Jude".

+Quote this post
Soeplepel
post Jul 2 2015, 07:29 PM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 20,313
Well, looks like my info is trustworthy after all kink.gif

This post has been edited by Soeplepel: Jul 2 2015, 07:30 PM

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Jul 2 2015, 08:02 PM
Post #29
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639
QUOTE(April @ Jul 2 2015, 01:48 AM) *
As long as it's a great song like Ghosttown - it needs to sell the album as a priority!

Only yhe Ghostown chorus is good - the rest is awful.

+Quote this post
Hagarthy
post Jul 3 2015, 07:43 AM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 21,833
My thoughts moving ahead. I don't have an account on Digital Spy, so anyone who wants to post my thoughts there is free to do so.

I really like Thunder as a next single choice. Her vocals sound powerful in the way that usually distinguishes Leona in the marketplace, and it seems to have great emotional resonance. However, I think she and her team need to change the way they discuss the album or songs' inspiration. The transcripts read a bit bitter in some interviews, something that may not go down well with people who find it unjustified. Her narrative during promo has to be more about her and the place she found herself rather than what was done to her. I think it just comes off better when she emphasizes things such as her Syco grew so big and she got lost in the mix, rather than not having control over things. I'd run with things that almost assign blame to her. They are more relatable and likely to fly better with the public. Statements such as, "I got to comfortable; It took me long to realize the changing dynamic at the company, and how to adjust. More I...I...and less...them, them, them. At the end of the day, the experience gave her her most fulfilled work yet, there's no reason to have regrets. I just hope we hear more of how it was a blessing in disguise; I wasn't reaching into myself enough, etc. It just keeps the vibes positive, which is what I want of this campaign.

+Quote this post
Soeplepel
post Jul 3 2015, 10:41 AM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 20,313
^I've copy pasted it smile.gif

+Quote this post
Scene
post Jul 3 2015, 12:20 PM
Post #32
Group icon
This is where you end and I begin
User: 5,567
QUOTE(Hagarthy @ Jul 3 2015, 08:43 AM) *
My thoughts moving ahead. I don't have an account on Digital Spy, so anyone who wants to post my thoughts there is free to do so.

I really like Thunder as a next single choice. Her vocals sound powerful in the way that usually distinguishes Leona in the marketplace, and it seems to have great emotional resonance. However, I think she and her team need to change the way they discuss the album or songs' inspiration. The transcripts read a bit bitter in some interviews, something that may not go down well with people who find it unjustified. Her narrative during promo has to be more about her and the place she found herself rather than what was done to her. I think it just comes off better when she emphasizes things such as her Syco grew so big and she got lost in the mix, rather than not having control over things. I'd run with things that almost assign blame to her. They are more relatable and likely to fly better with the public. Statements such as, "I got to comfortable; It took me long to realize the changing dynamic at the company, and how to adjust. More I...I...and less...them, them, them. At the end of the day, the experience gave her her most fulfilled work yet, there's no reason to have regrets. I just hope we hear more of how it was a blessing in disguise; I wasn't reaching into myself enough, etc. It just keeps the vibes positive, which is what I want of this campaign.

Very good post. I agree. I've noticed some comments about Leona being ungrateful and rude to Simon. Although she hasn't really said anything out of order, the media have spun it into something a lot bigger.

+Quote this post
April
post Jul 3 2015, 01:41 PM
Post #33
Group icon
I agree it's made her look slightly bitter, which is far from the truth. But at the end of the day, the song needs to be 11/10 amazing with a good promo schedule and no messed up release date issues like FUMF.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Jul 3 2015, 01:58 PM
Post #34
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
Face it, she's over cry.gif

She has gone the way og Natasha Bedingfielf.

At least we Have had some great álbumes from her though before she got dropped and forgotten.

+Quote this post
post Jul 3 2015, 02:04 PM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(FinalFantasy7Bes @ Jul 3 2015, 02:58 PM) *

At least we Have had some great álbumes from her though before she got dropped and forgotten.

I'm going to give it one more single before deciding if it's 'over', she can easily pull it back if Island are less stupid with the next release. The fact she can still get radio support is a positive (FUMF is #26 on airplay today!), her label need to utilize this well while they still can by putting out the strongest songs possible.

+Quote this post
virtuoso
post Jul 3 2015, 02:04 PM
Post #36
Group icon
New Entry
User: 21,826
QUOTE(FinalFantasy7Bes @ Jul 3 2015, 02:58 PM) *

It might be the end of Leona's commercial success but I think it's a bit more open-ended then that. Lots of people comeback from the brink but I can understand why people are quite dubious about her chances. I really love Thunder and I hope it does really well. Haha I remember the days of Natasha Bedingfield, she was actually quite talented! Whatever happens, I think she'll have a career to speak of. Going the way of Natasha Bedingfield is fine, just so long as she doesn't go the way of Sinitta. It's sad though: Joss Stone had crazy vocals but she didn't last long, same with NB. These things happen. You've just gotta hope the artists can find peace with what they've got. Watch this space though, it might not be over. You might be right, but I hope you're wrong

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Jul 3 2015, 02:12 PM
Post #37
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
Sinita was actually gonna be who I was gonna say!!

Where did you hear Thunder? Better than FUMF?

+Quote this post
virtuoso
post Jul 3 2015, 02:19 PM
Post #38
Group icon
New Entry
User: 21,826
QUOTE(FinalFantasy7Bes @ Jul 3 2015, 03:12 PM) *
Sinita was actually gonna be who I was gonna say!!

Where did you hear Thunder? Better than FUMF?

It sounds, to me, a million times better than FUMF. The vocal is much better and signature of Leona. On FUMF she sounded like she was about to cough at some points in the first verse. I'm new here, so I can't post the link but just look up Thunder Leona Lewis on YouTube. It's there.

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Jul 3 2015, 02:22 PM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608
I think Leona's days of singles success are over now unless she works with people like Ryan Tedder again, but there is nothing to stop her being a successful albums artist. Loads of artists get consistent top 5 albums without any hit singles, there's nothing wrong with Leona managing the same.

+Quote this post
post Jul 3 2015, 02:23 PM
Post #40
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
it's this snippet I think?

+Quote this post

19 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:50 PM