BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Jordan Lees “official” Britney albums rankings., Rankings of albums 1-9!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post 17th April 2020, 03:09 PM
Post #21
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Interesting. I thought this'd be safely inside your top 4! I love this album and until recently I thought it was weaker than BOMT, only slightly though, but I think the highs are higher on this than they are BOMT for me.

LOVE those 3 album track choices and they're the exact same ones that I'd pick. 'Where Are You Now' is so underrated... THAT note vocalsney!! *.*

Agreed about 'I Can't Get No' being the weak link on an otherwise brilliant pop album.

Fun Fact: It took me a good 7 or 8 years to realise that 'I Can't Get No...' was actually a cover :')
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 17th April 2020, 04:45 PM
Post #22
Group icon
User: 13,007

Oh no - this was going well, but Blackout 6th sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif It's easily my favourite album from her and one of the defining pop albums of the 21st Century! Hopefully it will grow on you over time :'(

Oops.. is nice - i've been giving it a bit more time recently.

+Quote this post
kye
post 17th April 2020, 06:45 PM
Post #23
Group icon
• aesthetic party •
User: 2,169

glory is too low for me, it’s amazing - i really did think it was a return to form sad.gif

but yaaaassss jordan - blackout is not the one.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 17th April 2020, 07:58 PM
Post #24
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116

QUOTE(kyesolating* @ Apr 17 2020, 07:45 PM) *
glory is too low for me, it’s amazing - i really did think it was a return to form sad.gif

but yaaaassss jordan - blackout is not the one.

For instance where would you rank Blackout out of her albums?

It’s good don’t get me wrong but isn’t it just like a bit samey all the way through. I found it really hard to be able to tell certain album tracks apart tbh.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 17th April 2020, 08:56 PM
Post #25
Group icon
Jord

04. ... BABY ONE MORE TIME. (Score 8 /10)

The album what started it all off. A life changing and defining pop album what’s undoubtedly iconic. A commercial hit selling 1m + copies in the UK (her only studio album to do so in the UK). The album for me had a flawless run of singles.

The title track is one of the most iconic and successful songs of all time, sometimes is a cute breezy teen ballad about falling in real love for the first time, Crazy and that STOP remix and the final single Born To Make You Happy all make this album what it is but the album tracks too you just can’t help but sing along too.

Soda Pop, I Will Be There and I Will Still Love You. Then we have Deep In My Heart and E-mail my heart too.

This really is just a great pop album and that’s all there is too it. It’s obviously dated in terms of how it sounds and quite of it’s time. But there’s a certain charm to this album what I really just love and if I was to listen to an album for a good singalong this would be the one I’d pick!

I honestly expected this album to be quite patchy but it took me by surprise by how strong it sounded.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 17th April 2020, 09:11 PM
Post #26
Group icon

I Will Be There and Deep In My Heart are fantastic! So many memories attached to both. wub.gif Soda Pop is so much fun!

So a top 3 of Britney, In The Zone & Circus. YAY for the Britney love wub.gif I think 'Circus' is fun and ITZ is one of the best albums of all time. Intrigued to see what order you rank them ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 18th April 2020, 12:42 AM
Post #27
Group icon
Jord

UPDATE.

I know what my favourite is I’m just torn on 2nd and 3rd.

Relistening to the albums in question and then revealing the results of the final 3 tomorrow dance.gif laugh.gif
I also did this with Blackout and Glory as well! A few were certs from the off like my favourite never changed once I’d heard it, nor did the bottom two! But 6-7place and 2-3 have proved tricky. laugh.gif

Guess away! Thanks for the commentary Jonjo, Haus and all others too!

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 18th April 2020, 09:34 AM
Post #28
Group icon

BOMT is a fantastic debut album. She really introduced herself in style wub.gif the singles are all 10/10 and Deep In My Heart is a bop music.gif I love how you mention the album's charm - it's what makes it so timeless imo!

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 18th April 2020, 03:44 PM
Post #29
Group icon
Jord

03. CIRCUS. (Score 9/10)

Britney’s 6th studio album and the final one released in the 00s decade is the next album to be eliminated. But it comes in a very respectable third place.

I was very very impressed with this. For years I’ve pretty much gotten this and Blackout confused with one another. This is like fun Britney is back. She wasted no time in recording the follow up to the follow up to Blackout and the result was a pure pop album what is just fun! My highlights were Out From Under and Unusual You. Blur however may be my favourite track on this whole album! It really deserved single treatment tbh.

However the singles released from this album were all great tbh. Womanizer is my second favourite lead she’s done and brought back the fun visuals we were used to from previous eras too which is something which the Blackout era lacked in. The follow up and title track is autobiographical and describes Britneys love for being a performer. Then we have If U Seek Amy which is pure genius and somehow managed radio play despite her saying ..... well we know what she says now!

Yeah this era and album overall is just fun! But it’s also like progressive from some of her earlier work too. But it’s definitely for me got more personality and feels more classic Britney than what Blackout did.

Commercially the album gave Britney yet another US #1 album. The lead single Womanizer also become a US #1 single something she hadn’t achieved since Baby One More Time.

In the UK we got an iconic X Factor Performance of Womanizer (back when the show was like huge!). This helped the song peak
At #3. The album was released in Q4 and had strong competition so it did only manage a #4 peak in the UK but it did end up outselling the Blackout album.. so it was a return to commercial success for her.

Interesting fact: Circus was the theme of the UK album charts in the week of the release of this album. Take That would debut at #1 with their album “The Circus”.

The Killers and Leona Lewis would make up #2 and #3 with their albums Day and Age and Spirit respectively.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 18th April 2020, 05:18 PM
Post #30
Group icon
Jord

Throwback to this circus era gem! The highly publicised X factor slot.

Never mind the lip syncing. What I wanna know is what are her eight number one singles as discussed in the intro.. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Nick F1
post 18th April 2020, 05:30 PM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 5,392

laugh.gif maybe on radio chart she has 8 number ones

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 18th April 2020, 05:49 PM
Post #32
Group icon

I enjoy 'Circus' a lot. However, I'd love it more had they switched out 'Lace & Leather', 'Radar', 'My Baby' & 'Bleurgh' for the bonus track trinity of 'Amnesia', 'Phonography' & 'Quicksand'!

'Lace & Leather', 'Rock Me In' & 'My Baby' should have been the bonus tracks. RMI is so good. But I can definitely see why that was a bonus track. 'My Baby' is so cute and adorable. It didn't deserve to be on the main album, but it was so personal to Brit (she wrote it for her kids) that it would've been a cute bonus track.

ALL the talk belongs to the bonus tracks and the single order on this album lmao. (Oh and the secret rehearsal footage which featured 'Mannequin' *.*)

Singles should have been:

01. Womanizer
02. Amnesia
03. Out From Under
04. Circus
05. Unusual You

If you haven't heard 'Quicksand', please do! wub.gif

---

I like that XF performance a lot. She looked so happy to just be there. wub.gif

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 18th April 2020, 09:31 PM
Post #33
Group icon
Jord

BRITNEY vs IN THE ZONE.....

Revealing my #1 tomorrow at mid-day (or close to then...)

Just writing up reviews and stuff of them now.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 18th April 2020, 09:34 PM
Post #34
Group icon

Circus is AMAZING. My peak Britney stanning was during that era.

Omg that X Factor interview though Neyde.png "how do you think the contestants did?" / "yeah i met loads of people and i love london yeah Neyde.png" <3 what a TIME TO BE ALIVE.

The entire era was amazing. So many album track gems too - Amnesia being the best.

FORCED TO STAN.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 19th April 2020, 11:58 AM
Post #35
Group icon
Jord

(02. Britney 9.5/10)

Britneys third album was a self titled one! Arriving in 2001 around a year and a half after the oops era; this is quite the era for me where Britney felt like she was a tad more in control and less manufactured creatively.

We got quite a controversial choice of lead single with the grown up and sexual anthem I’m A Slave 4 U. One of her boldest moments in my opinion of her career was to put that lead single at that point in her career but she did that and artistically it paid off! Overprotected would follow that and is definitely my favourite single from this era very autobiographical and a real moment in her entire discography for me the video would also play my favourite album track Bombastic Love at the start of this (I was like blown away when I worked out where I’d heard the music from Bombastic Love before hand).

I’m Not A Girl... Not Yet A Woman had Dido amongst its writers. It’s a cute moment and another track what fitted her at the time considering her age at the time of release. This would be the highest charting UK single from the era when it peaked at #2. This was her first era not to contain a UK number one single sad.gif

I Love Rock and Roll and Boys were questionable single choices for me and probably rank close to the bottom of the era well I Love Rock and Roll definitely does. Brit just ain’t a covers act.

Lonely, Cinderella, Bombastic Love and Before The Goodbye are also all huge sounding bops what show a different side to her.

This is a very strong album in general though. It’s aged well and definitely feels like a natural follow up to her first two eras. The production has a current feel to it from a 2001 album it doesn’t sound like it’s actually nearing 20 years old.

Commercially this gave her another #1 album in the US. In the UK it would become her first album to peak at #4.

Chart fact: Steps would get the #1 album that week with their greatest hits collection and #2 would also be a greatest hits collection by Pink Floyd. Sting debuted at #3 with his album.

SO THAT MEANS WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!

BRITNEY ALBUMS RATE WINNER - IN THE ZONE (10/10) 11 IF I COULD

It’s 2003! Britney and Madonna’s kiss at the VMAs is the pop culture talking point (poor Xtina who also kissed her) and Britney is continuing her reign on pop music. Her first album to be released as a woman in her 20s we seen an even more grown up side to Britney.

The albums lead single would also feature Madonna her first lead to have a featured artist on there. For me I forgot how good this song actually was it snaps as does the music video we love elaborate choreography.

However the second and third singles would be what become staples of Britneys entire career. Toxic which almost wasn’t the second single (outrageous and I got that boom boom were apparently the labels choices). Toxic however and that intro would change pop music forever. The song was rejected by Kylie (thankfully as it as Brit written all over it). The song would become Britneys fourth UK #1. It also gave Britney her first and to date only Grammy win (Best Dance Recording 2005). The video also features iconic scenes like cabin crew Britney and the diamond Britney!

Her signature ballad Everytime would give Britney her fifth UK #1 marking the only time she would get back to back number one singles in her career. The music video for this would also spark controversy but be a huge pop culture moment. The bath tub scene!

The album was packed with so many potential single 4 choices however. Breathe On Me not getting a push was crazy! One of her best ever album tracks for me and something what I think would’ve been huge! Shadow is also a moment on this for me as are Showdown and Touch Of My Hand.

Touch Of My Hand would be the first song Britney recorded for this album which she claims set the tone. I think this is one of her strongest ever offerings too a real bold moment and a masturbation anthem too.

To be honest, there was only one winner for this rate. It’s an album what just has everything. It’s production what is slightly Bollywood / Middle Eastern esque at times just makes it for me. It’s also grown up and shows real progression it has so much too it. Even outrageous what’s classed a low point is still a great track despite its producer and sounds like the inspiration for PCDs Buttons. I can tell Britney was in control and perhaps at her artistic peak in this era too. Her choice of toxic to be a single was genius. It’s not an of it’s time album now, there’s an ahead of its time element to this and I can hear a lot of songs released in the late 00s and early 10s in album tracks on here.

Chart fact: The US got this right! The album debuted at #1. Becoming Britneys fourth number one album which at the time I believe set a record in terms of her being the first female to get her first four albums to peak at #1.

In the UK however this debuted #14! Again a greatest hits album was #1 this week (Michael Jackson’s number ones). Even the likes of Pink and Atomic Kitten would chart higher in their second weeks, Busted, Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Kylie would get new entries in the top ten and even G Unit would outsell Brit in week one. A TRAVESTY!

It’s peak however isn’t as bad as it sounds as sales were very competitive with it being a q4 release. The album would also outsell Britney in the UK and is her third biggest studio album. 34 weeks later the album would also manage to peak just one place higher at #13. But with 29 weeks in the top 40 we did get a hugely successful era for her.

So In The Zone wins!! Let’s stream to celebrate.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 19th April 2020, 05:44 PM
Post #36
Group icon
Jord

And that’s my reviews all done!!

Hope I have some people in agreement at what the best album was.

FULL RESULTS

9th Britney Jean
8th Femme Fatale
7th Glory
6th Blackout
5th Oops... I Did It Again
4th ...Baby One More Time
3rd Circus
2nd Britney

WINNER - IN THE ZONE.

+Quote this post
Nick F1
post 19th April 2020, 07:02 PM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 5,392

We definitely agree on the best and on the worst album cool.gif

My rank would be

1 In The Zone
2 Glory
3 Blackout
4 Oops!...I Did It Again
5 Circus
6 Britney
7 Femme Fatale
8 ...Baby One More Time
9 Britney Jean

9 and 8 have some songs for which I don't really care that much (album tracks)

7, 6, 5 always switch positions from time to time, depends on my mood

3 and 4 were 2 and 3 before Glory came out, which has definitely joined into my holy trinity.

ITZ remains the best and most perfect!

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 19th April 2020, 09:52 PM
Post #38
Group icon

Great top 2! I would've put Britney just ahead of ITZ, but the latter is undeniable.

What a fantastic thread this has been. Absolutely loved your commentaries and your enthusiasm for her discography. Thoroughly enjoyed following this, Jord <3 wub.gif

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 20th April 2020, 12:15 AM
Post #39
Group icon
Jord

Thank you to all who followed and for your comments too ☺️

It’s been great rediscovering Britney and listening to her so closely. Probably the most I’ve ever listened to her to be honest but it’s made lockdown very enjoyable!

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 20th April 2020, 10:01 AM
Post #40
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

Fantastic choices for your Top 2 albums! wub.gif

+Quote this post