BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Wings • 1st single, Album: DNA • 26.08.12
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Davidson
post Jun 1 2012, 09:07 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,847
They just played a little clip while they were coming down the stairs on Chatty Man, it sounded brilliant ohmy.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
RobBot
post Jun 1 2012, 09:10 PM
Post #22
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117
Indeed it did, and not like a club banger either - hope they play a clip like, on its own without screaming over it! wub.gif

+Quote this post
-0-0
post Jun 1 2012, 09:13 PM
Post #23
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643
THEY ARE BORING AS F*CK.

I really don't know how they will perform, I doubt they have a strong enough fanbase to be around this time next year tbh.

+Quote this post
RobBot
post Jun 1 2012, 09:13 PM
Post #24
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117
They're not boring at all, that's part of the appeal of them, they're actually four really bubbly & funny girls - shame we didn't actually get to hear a proper preview without screaming over the top.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Jun 1 2012, 09:17 PM
Post #25
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
I missed the clip, I knew they were on and my foster dad always watches Chatty Man so I asked him to call me when Little Mix were on, so he did - but after the clip sad.gif

It was such a good interview though, they're so fun, bubbly and work well together as a group - I absolutely love them wub.gif

This post has been edited by Liаm: Jun 1 2012, 09:21 PM

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Jun 1 2012, 09:21 PM
Post #26
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
I wasn't listening to the clip, I'll wait until the full song comes out, but I really love these girls, every aspect of them, from their personality (wub.gif) to their music, and it would be lovely to see this be a lasting hit for them rather than a flash-in-the-pan top 10 hit. That would probably be heartbreaking.

At least the single's out comparatively soon.

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Jun 1 2012, 09:24 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608
The clip sounded great from what I could hear of it, something different and not dance-pop! wub.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Jun 1 2012, 09:34 PM
Post #28
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
Hang on, old school R&B makes me immediately think StooShe - is the clip similar to them?

Obviously I prefer Little Mix and love them SO much (I like StooShe too) , but I fear StooShe could overshadow them if they're similar sad.gif As Eyes said, just a flash in the pan top 10 hit and <100k selling album would be heartbreaking.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Jun 1 2012, 09:37 PM
Post #29
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
QUOTE(Liаm @ Jun 1 2012, 10:34 PM) *
Obviously I prefer Little Mix and love them SO much (I like StooShe too) , but I fear StooShe could overshadow them if they're similar sad.gif As Eyes said, just a flash in the pan top 10 hit and <100k selling album would be heartbreaking.

Given that ALL StooShe have so far is one flash in the pan top 10 single, I don't think we need to be TOO worried about them overshadowing anyone. laugh.gif And I doubt it'll be that similar.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Jun 1 2012, 09:44 PM
Post #30
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
True but I can Black Heart sticking around longer and being a much bigger hit, it just depends. Little Mix are obviously female so should manage to avoid the 'male winner curse' but I can't help feeling StooShe will do better. But we can be optimistic and hope there's room for both tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Davidson
post Jun 1 2012, 10:41 PM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,847
QUOTE(Liаm @ Jun 1 2012, 10:44 PM) *
True but I can Black Heart sticking around longer and being a much bigger hit, it just depends. Little Mix are obviously female so should manage to avoid the 'male winner curse' but I can't help feeling StooShe will do better. But we can be optimistic and hope there's room for both tongue.gif

The clip didn't sound very Stooshe to me at all, it didn't have that kind of 'retro' vibe that StooShe seems to have from what I could hear so I think there could be room for both? Hopefully anyway.

+Quote this post
jark
post Jun 2 2012, 01:34 PM
Post #32
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990
StooShe are vile. For that reason alone Little Mix have a great advantage.

+Quote this post
jay727
post Jun 4 2012, 12:37 AM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 12,273
QUOTE(nooneoo @ Jun 1 2012, 09:10 PM) *
If you can't even tell you they were FORCED to sing Cannonball, you are hopeless.

In fact, 3 of the girls have been writing songs for years and can play musical instruments. Just because they are put together by the X Factor doesn't mean they are not credible song writers.

And just a side note, the EP is currently at #34 on the iTunes Chart (album). Way to go!

writing for years? they are only babies! I cant imagine they would force cannonball down their throats, they must have said yeah we are happy with that. In seriousness the clip didnt sound too bad, so there i said it laugh.gif now will everyone get off my back pretty please mellow.gif

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Jun 4 2012, 02:54 AM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845
I hope this goes well for them as this single is usually the one when we find out if the winner of x factor has any chance of survival.

I cant understand Simon Cowell not putting more effort into the winners as it would make x factor more credible, make the show worth watching that bit more, as it stands winning the x factor means little in some ways as nearly all the winners have not had overly great careers and even Leona is starting to struggle.

Hopefully Little Mix releasing earlier than normal (for an x factor winner) will see that those who voted still remember them and also that they aint over shadowed by the new crop of x factor stars. Hopefully wings goes well for them and the follwo up single can get an x factor performace boost.

+Quote this post
No.1
post Jun 4 2012, 12:19 PM
Post #35
Group icon
New Entry
User: 16,484
QUOTE(jay727 @ Jun 4 2012, 01:37 AM) *
writing for years? they are only babies! I cant imagine they would force cannonball down their throats, they must have said yeah we are happy with that. In seriousness the clip didnt sound too bad, so there i said it laugh.gif now will everyone get off my back pretty please mellow.gif

Believe it or not, that's a fact. Just because they are young it doesn't mean they can't write. They didn't have a say in the winner song, it was CHOSEN for the last 2 finalists, which they happened to be one of them. They did mention a few times in interviews that they didn't want to sing Cannonball because it didn't suit them at all, they were afraid that it might not do good for them. So no they did NOT say "yeah we are happy with that" or whatever because they weren't. And the fact that they hardly sing it in other events and gigs apart from the tour must have told you something already (remember on NTA they sang Don't Let Go). After a whole 8 series of X Factor, people thought you would have already figured out that winners have no say in the winner song choice whatsoever, but clearly you haven't rolleyes.gif .

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Jun 5 2012, 08:27 PM
Post #36
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
Their version of 'End Of Time' is BRILLIANT. They're quite possibly the best girl group, vocally/harmony wise since Destiny's Child.

+Quote this post
AaronTM
post Jun 5 2012, 08:46 PM
Post #37
Group icon
salty foods parch the human
Pronouns: he/him
User: 4,631
I am back on team Little Mix. Their harmonies are everything. I hope they get their market right, I'm really worried they're being aimed at the Cher Lloyd crowd and the sorts who are like "RT if u rememba wen lil mix wer on x factor". Their sound has the potential to be so much classier and more mature than that. They're the perfect girlgroup really, they've got the vocals and the charm/personality to make them likeable - you don't often get both.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Jun 5 2012, 08:52 PM
Post #38
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
They're just amazing, I agree with Aaron though that they might be shoved down a more 'chavvy' route (IMAGINE if they end up like N-Dubz or something? *shudders*) rather than a classy, R&B vocal group like say En Vogue, which they should be and could be.

I will love them regardless though tbh laugh.gif It's just that they could honestly be MASSIVE if they do the En Vogue thing I think, so much potential!

+Quote this post
AaronTM
post Jun 5 2012, 09:16 PM
Post #39
Group icon
salty foods parch the human
Pronouns: he/him
User: 4,631
QUOTE(Liаm @ Jun 5 2012, 09:52 PM) *
They're just amazing, I agree with Aaron though that they might be shoved down a more 'chavvy' route (IMAGINE if they end up like N-Dubz or something? *shudders*) rather than a classy, R&B vocal group like say En Vogue, which they should be and could be.

I will love them regardless though tbh laugh.gif It's just that they could honestly be MASSIVE if they do the En Vogue thing I think, so much potential!

I don't think they'd quite be at N-Dubz levels, but the styling and the types of fans I notice through their Twitter retweets just makes me think they're going down the Cher Lloyd route. Their team need to aim higher than the impressionable teen girl market (though, really, we should have seen that coming!). They have the talent to appeal to everyone, they just need the image and material to be right.

+Quote this post
jark
post Jun 6 2012, 11:35 AM
Post #40
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990
QUOTE(Jonjoria @ Jun 5 2012, 09:27 PM) *
They're quite possibly the best girl group, vocally/harmony wise since Destiny's Child.

...and that's why it's such a shame that their second single will be a dodgy choice which will just about scrape the top 10, their third single will be a DISASTROUS choice which will bomb altogether, the clear album highlights will be relegated to bonus tracks and never see the light of day, they'll get a second album produced on a budget of sixteen quid and a JLS flavoured condom, before being dropped and disappearing into obscurity.

biggrin.gif

+Quote this post

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:21 AM