BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> COMPLETE: Jonjo's Top 50 • Little Mix Songs, Finally!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post Jul 1 2019, 04:40 PM
Post #21
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
20: Madhouse
Taken from the album: DNA

> Into the top 20 we go and we come to the 2nd highest 'DNA' album track in the countdown (and 3rd from that album overall). 'Madhouse' has always been a huge highlght from the album for me. The production is wacky & crazy and suits the theme of the song perfectly. I could definitely see a sequel to the 'DNA' video for this song had they opted for this as the 3rd single from the album. So good. <

---

19: Power
Taken from the album: Glory Days: Platinum Edition

> Up next we have the final single from the first release of 'Glory Days', 'Power'. This complete ANTHEM really pops off in a live setting. Every performance sees the girls take it to the next level. It's really anthemic and just ridiculously catchy. It always stood out on the album due to how different it was for both the girls and just a pop song in general. It really makes an impact and leaves a lasting impression. I really like the Stormzy feature on the single release too! His rap is brilliant. It's also one of their very best videos to date too! <
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Jul 2 2019, 03:06 PM
Post #22
Group icon
18: Nothing Feels Like You
Taken from the album: Salute: Deluxe Edition

> At #18 is a track from their 2nd album, 'Salute'. 'Nothing Feels Like You' has a sound that kinda sums up the Salute era for me, as it has that marching band type sound in the production and it really elevates the kinda of RnB-Pop sound they were attempting back then. A very catchy song too with a melodic chorus. An underrated gem on the 'Salute' album. <

---

17: A Different Beat
Taken from the album: Salute: Deluxe Edition

> Next is another 'Salute' album track and this time it's the song that Jade really wanted to push as a single, iirc. 'A Different Beat' has the feisty-ness that we have come to know and adore from the girls, that marching band sound in the production and an insanely catchy hook. It's not hard to see why fans (and Jade) wanted it as a single from the album. An almighty bop and an instant highlight from the album! <

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Jul 22 2019, 07:40 AM
Post #23
Group icon
I will hopefully be continuing this tonight. I plan to finish this by next year x

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Aug 1 2019, 11:31 AM
Post #24
Group icon
16: Turn Your Face
Taken from the album: DNA: The Deluxe Edition

> I love a good, big pop ballad. Turn Your Face is the most "mature" and it was the first big, soaring power ballad the girls attempted and I feel like it hugely paid off for them. It packs such an emotional punch and the girls vocals all absolutely soar on it. I think it would've worked so well as a single. I hope the girls revisit this in a live performance someday. It's stunning. Especially Leigh & Perrie's middle 8! <3 <

---

15: Love Me Like You
Taken from the album: Get Weird

> We head into the top 15 now and kicking us off is this storming, 60's inspired, throwback bop, Love Me Like You. It seems to be the norm that all girl groups "must" perform a 60's/retro throwback bop at some point in their careers (Spice Girls - Stop, Stooshe - Black Heart, Girls Aloud - The Promise, Sugababes entire Catfights & Spotlights era etc...) and tbh why wouldn't they? They seem to bop and stand out in each artists respective catalogues, but Love Me Like You also gave us one of LM's very best performances on X Factor UK wub.gif Just a sing-along, feel good pop anthem. <

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Aug 1 2019, 11:41 AM
Post #25
Group icon
14: Monster In Me
Taken from the album: LM5

> As I said multiple times before... a powerful ballad is sometimes all I need and want and Monster In Me from the girls most recent album firmly ticks that box. Possibly the girls at their most mature yet. It really should've been the big winter ballad single. Such a missed opportunity. The girls vocals are perfect on this and Perrie's ad-libs at the end are gorgeous <3 Should have been a single, for SURE! <

---

13: The Cure

> "Always Be Together", "Change Your Life", "Towers", "Weird People", "Nothing Else Matters" and we can now add this to this list. Those huge pop songs about being there for each other and embracing what makes you unique and uplifts you in the best way possible. The girls really excel at these types of songs and The Cure shows no signs of the girls losing their touch with them. What a euphorically uplifting piece of pop that would've worked as a single. Their iTunes Festival performance of this is so cute. <

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post Aug 1 2019, 11:44 AM
Post #26
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
I LOVE both Monster In Me and The Cure heart.gif

Both huge missed opportunities what I feel would’ve really helped LM5 albums sales wise.

Love Me Like You though is in their lower tier singles for me. I dunno why it never really clicked.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Aug 1 2019, 11:56 AM
Post #27
Group icon
12: Lightning

> At #12 is 'DNA' (song) sequel. Many of the fans wanted this song to get the single treatment, to continue the "to be continued" that we had on DNA's video. Alas, that was not meant to be. But this was an instant highlight for many since first listen. Such a powerful pop song and the drop was unexpected and threw many people off at first. One of their most daring songs, I think. The performance of it on the Get Weird tour is absolute KILLER. One of the best things I've witnessed from a tour performance. The production! The budget! INSANE <

---

11: Forget You Not

> Just before we head into the top 10 we have Forget You Not. Taken from the deluxe version (!) of their most recent album LM5. A MASSIVE fan favourite and a song that many want to be a single. Just imagine this song being blasted out in the middle of Summer and dominating the charts???? An almighty club pop banger. The "banga-bang-bang" hook would easily go viral and go OFF in a club. Furthermore to this being "just a deluxe track" (actual WTF at that!!) but the girls have more or less confirmed it won't be performed on their upcoming LM5 tour (!!!!) it bugged the fans so much that there is a petition going around and the girls themselves have asked for us to push for it. <

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Aug 1 2019, 11:59 AM
Post #28
Group icon
QUOTE(Jordan Lee @ Aug 1 2019, 12:44 PM) *
I LOVE both Monster In Me and The Cure heart.gif

Both huge missed opportunities what I feel would’ve really helped LM5 albums sales wise.

Love Me Like You though is in their lower tier singles for me. I dunno why it never really clicked.
I feel like MIM and TC would definitely have lifted album sales. Even more so than the likes of Wasabi and Forget You Not as I think they would appeal to a wider audience/the heart FM and Radio 2 listeners etc..

Such a missed opportunity, but it's unfortunate that the girls were in the position they were in just before the album was released. UGH. Messing everything up and label politics coming into play etc.. drama.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Aug 1 2019, 12:06 PM
Post #29
Group icon
So we are about to hit the top 10 (FINALLY! laugh.gif Sorryyyyy kink.gif)

STATS about the top 10 [And what we lost in the Top 20]:

DNA: 1 Track (1 Single) [-2]
Salute: 3 (1 Single) [-3]
Get Weird: 3 (1 Single) [-1 (1 x Single)]
Glory Days: 2 (2 Singles) [-1 (1 x Single)]
LM5: 1 (0 Singles) [-3]

Any predictions? Thank you for the comments so far. (P.s if y'all ever wanna do this or another Little Mix related countdown just start your own biggrin.gif)

+Quote this post
Jade
post Aug 1 2019, 12:12 PM
Post #30
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810
Omg YES 'Lightning' placing so high for you! Watching live tour performances of it genuinely gives me chills wub.gif So gutted that I didn't quite get to experience that song live, as the two times I've seen them were during the DNA era (too early!) and Glory Days one (too late!). I agree that the production is fantastic and I love the orchestral-esque vocal parts in it too. Those parts always take me back to the operatic moment in 'DNA' just before the final chorus and that is my favourite Little Mix song, so makes sense why I love this too!

'Monster In Me' is my favourite slower moment on 'LM5' <3 definitely a missed single opportunity there.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Aug 1 2019, 12:20 PM
Post #31
Group icon
QUOTE(Jade @ Aug 1 2019, 01:12 PM) *
Omg YES 'Lightning' placing so high for you! Watching live tour performances of it genuinely gives me chills wub.gif So gutted that I didn't quite get to experience that song live, as the two times I've seen them were during the DNA era (too early!) and Glory Days one (too late!). I agree that the production is fantastic and I love the orchestral-esque vocal parts in it too. Those parts always take me back to the operatic moment in 'DNA' just before the final chorus and that is my favourite Little Mix song, so makes sense why I love this too!

'Monster In Me' is my favourite slower moment on 'LM5' <3 definitely a missed single opportunity there.
Oh no! That's really unfortunate. It was a real moment on tour and one of my favourite individual performances I've ever experienced live. SO good. Those vocals you talk about are my favourite moments in the song. It really ups the theatrics on the song and the performance. Stunning. wub.gif

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post Aug 1 2019, 03:09 PM
Post #32
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
Lightning is amazing!!!!

Better than many of their singles for me and I’d probably say it’s my favourite non single from them from any era.

Like if I could go back in time and give something single treatment it would be that!

For the top 10 I’m feeling like Touch could place highly.
Secret Love Song.
Salute
Maybe Wasbai from LM5.

This post has been edited by Jordan Lee: Aug 1 2019, 03:12 PM

+Quote this post
-0-0
post Aug 1 2019, 03:12 PM
Post #33
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643
Forget u not being performed on tour?

CANCELLED.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Aug 2 2019, 12:57 PM
Post #34
Group icon
10: These Four Walls
Taken from the album: Salute

> Into the top 10 we go and to kick us off is the beautifully, heartbreaking These Four Walls. It's an incredibly emotional song about the loss of someone close. Whether that is a break up or a death, any kind of loss. It features just a simple piano backing with delicate, vulnerable and towards the end, powerful harmonies. With a couple of performances of it on Surprise Surprise and This Morning, the song managed to actually chart at #57 in the UK. It's the girls at their most vulnerable and fragile. I don't know if they will get much closer to those feelings than this. So heartbreaking and simple but oh so powerful! Been a fave since first listen. Stunning. <

+Quote this post
Jade
post Aug 2 2019, 01:01 PM
Post #35
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810
'Salute' houses quite a few beautiful ballads and that's definitely one of them <3 As much as I like 'Little Me', I do wish that or 'Towers' had been the ballad single instead.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Aug 2 2019, 01:14 PM
Post #36
Group icon
09: Love Me Or Leave Me

> At #9 is another piano-led ballad. It has some of the best vocals I've heard in a long time from a girl group. Is it Perrie who steals the song? No. Jade? No. Jesy? No. Leigh-Anne? ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY! Her vocals really improved through the Get Weird era and this track I feel like was peak Leigh! ASTOUNDING. I love a good emotional girl group power ballad and this is up there as one of my absolute favourites. Breathtaking. Just so powerful and emotional! Stunning. <

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Aug 2 2019, 01:23 PM
Post #37
Group icon
QUOTE(Jade @ Aug 2 2019, 02:01 PM) *
'Salute' houses quite a few beautiful ballads and that's definitely one of them <3 As much as I like 'Little Me', I do wish that or 'Towers' had been the ballad single instead.
Agreed completely! I get that the girls love the message in Little Me, but as a song I dunno, it just feels a bit boring and quite basic in comparison to those two. I'm so glad we got 'Towers' on the 'Salute' tour though, but was upset it was at the expense of TFW! sad.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Aug 2 2019, 01:53 PM
Post #38
Group icon
08: DNA
Taken from the album: DNA: The Deluxe Edition

> Up next is the girls 2nd single from their debut album of the same name, DNA. DNA is an electro-tinged, atmospheric, synth-pop smash. It's very Katy Perry - E.T., which is a song they covered on The XF and I believe it was the turning point in their XF career. DNA is a roaring pop smash. It ticks just about every box I could want in a pop song. The operatic "Aaahs" during the middle-8 are spine tingling. Very euphoric and just incredible. A very well produced pop smash. So, SO good. <

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Aug 3 2019, 10:26 AM
Post #39
Group icon
07: Towers
Taken from the album: Salute

> Number 7 and we have the mid-tempo, uplifting power ballad Towers. Taken from the girls 2nd studio album, Salute. This is the girls at their absolute finest. An uplifting, powerful, "we'll get through this together" pop anthem. The raw emotion, huge vocals and harmonies... what is not to love!!? After hearing reports of them not performing this on their Salute tour, they decided to switch out These Four Walls in favour of this IIRC! So it was kinda bittersweet as a fan, but the fans wanted this more, so HOPEFULLY there's hope for Forget You Not?! <

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Aug 3 2019, 10:35 AM
Post #40
Group icon
06: Secret Love Song (feat. Jason Derulo)

> At number 6 is a song that peaked there in the official charts too! Secret Love Song is a soaring girl band power ballad. In fact, with My Heart Takes Over by The Saturdays, this is one of my all time favourite girl group ballads. The vocals, the emotion & the message! Jason bounces off of the ladies a lot better than you'd probably most likely think. I actually think in the grander scheme of things, this song is probably their most recogniseable hit WW? Outstanding. <

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:59 PM